Best car for 500 and 550pp?

• Thread starter FinalLevel
  • 89 comments
United States
United States
FinalLevel_
In your opinion, what are the best cars for 500 and 550pp?
For 500pp, my favorite would have to be the Peugeot 205 Turbo, it's a fast, little car that eats corners for it's lunch.
image.jpeg
My favorite car for 550pp has to be the Nissan Skyline Gtr Nür. It's extremely fast in the straightaways and can manage corners well if you can get rid of the understeer.
image.jpeg
So, what are your favorite cars?

The TS030 at 500 is untouchable.

Zytek at 500 is great.
Use detuned race car is so wrong, they made them with regulations on mind... Same for tuned race car. And I think that OP asked for road car... For me 550pp Ferrari 288 GTO and for 500pp is Evo VI RS TM edition.

Use detuned race car is so wrong, they made them with regulations on mind... Same for tuned race car. And I think that OP asked for road car... For me 550pp Ferrari 288 GTO and for 500pp is Evo VI RS TM edition.
You can bring any car out as long as it's in the pp requirements.

500pp

Lotus Elise 111R
Honda NSX Type R '02
BMW M3 GTR/CSL
GT-R R34 M-Spec Nür '02 (this version is actually slightly better than its premium counterpart)
Subaru WRX STI Spec C '09
Shelby Series One Supercharged
Lotus Evora

550pp
Lexus LFA
Audi R8 4.2 (the V8 varient is just much nicer to drive than the V10)
KTM X-Bow Street (this car is just insane)

Beyond these cars I really don't know since I don't race online. My knowledge comes from how cars perform in terms of raw pace in the seasonal time trials.

500pp

Lotus Elise 111R
Honda NSX Type R '02
BMW M3 GTR/CSL
GT-R R34 M-Spec Nür '02 (this version is actually slightly better than its premium counterpart)
Subaru WRX STI Spec C '09
Shelby Series One Supercharged
Lotus Evora

550pp
Lexus LFA
Audi R8 4.2 (the V8 varient is just much nicer to drive than the V10)
KTM X-Bow Street (this car is just insane)

Beyond these cars I really don't know since I don't race online. My knowledge comes from how cars perform in terms of raw pace in the seasonal time trials.
You should race online, it is immensely fun with custom tracks now.

Not much of an expert on 550PP cars, but i can say that the Ferrari 365 GTB4 at 500PP with an oil change(albeit with a slight HP limit applied) can barely manage 1:15 on Midfield from personal experience. With Sports Mediums.

...And SRF on.

Of the cars I tried at 500PP no power limiter [that is so far from realistic and basically a cheat]

The S2000 LM race car is very sweet, perfectly balanced, handles great and runs good.
In Muscle cars the Cougar XR7 can be a great car at 500.
I also like the Subaru GT300 base version at 500PP quit a lot.

Those are the first ones that come to mind though I remember a couple of others that were very good. Some better than others and some depending on the track and race conditions. There are a few that are not as fast but do better on tires and fuel so can win longer races with less need to pit

Nobody mentioned the Suzuki GSX/R yet? :odd:

This car destroys everything from <400pp - 530pp. :rolleyes:

Other great 500pp cars are:

- Mazda RX-7 '02 (the premium car)
- Lamborghini Countach
- Lamborghini Miura
- Mazda RX-500

550pp:

- Honda NSX LM Road Car :drool:
- Ford GT40 '66
- Tommy Kaira ZZ ll

This is for normal tracks and normal tires. For very fast tracks like Monza with racing tires it could
be different. I think a Mazda RX-8 could beat the NSX in this tire track combo.

My Unicorn Hunter R33 is a bit of a beast on sports tyres, doesn't quite have the raw pace of the GSXRs and Dinos but its so easy to push that you're always within reach when they make mistakes 👍

You are asking for the fastest car at 500PP and 550PP.

There is a definite answer to this, and it's not based on any opinion, its facts. They are as follows:

Roadcar 500PP: Suzuki GSX-R/4 regardless of what track you're on.
Roadcar 550PP: Honda NSX-R prototype LM road car or Suzuki GSX-R/4 depending on what track you're on.
Racecar 500PP: Opera Performance S2000 or Toyota TS030 depending on what track you're on.
Racecar 550PP: Toyota TS030 or Chaparral 2J depending on what track you're on.

Sorry if I spoil the fun in finding it out yourself, but as you compare both roadcars and race cars, it'd be good to know what is faster, my guess is that at 500PP the roadcars still win given the same tyre, but at 550PP the racecars are faster. But this is something I have never tested or seen, so feel free to test it out!:cheers:

*Note: One thing to mention is that as the PP gets lower, but the tyre grip stays high (RS), there are a few FF cars that gets seriously competetive. At 500PP the Suzuki GSX-R/4 should still have the advantage, but go lower than that and the likes of Honda Civic and Ford Focus RS will give it a run for its money.

Edit: Note2: Given super grippy tyres (RS), and superhigh speed tracks such as Sarthe with no chicanes, there are cars that can beat these, but under normal circumstances, these 5 cars are the best.

Last edited:
Back