Late Models in GT6 - It's a Thing.

Dudee! Thats sweet! Ill have to give it a go! I would've never thought of that idea since there is no dirt layouts!! That's awesome!!! Keep up the good work

Hmmm. To simulate the loss of grip its quite nice.

But the other point of dirt models is the suspension movements. The grip on the dirt tracks is typically unpredictable unlike wet ahspalt due to the dirt surface which leads to the suspension movements. The driver must keep the car steady on dirt by costantly countersteering it everytime the car lost on grip at some point. Whilist on the wet ashpalt the surface is basically constant troughout the track.

The closest thing you can simulate those is to take the Challenger Touring Car or Camaro SS Touring Car to the Toscana and make it short on gears. Yeah, the Course Maker lacks Dirt and Snow tracks and i hate it.

I think that is my honest opinion to your idea :)

After a lot of speculation and testing, I believe I have found a way to most accurately perform dirt track late models in GT6, the video below explains it best, enjoy, and share your opinions!!

Dude, I have been working on this off and on for years. You got it! :bowdown:
Gonna have to try this ASAP.

Dudee! Thats sweet! Ill have to give it a go! I would've never thought of that idea since there is no dirt layouts!! That's awesome!!! Keep up the good work
Thanks man!! I'm going to have a lobby up within the next 20 min!!

Does it work for rally, too, Nas?
Not sure, only tested with ovals as that was the objective, you could give it a shot though!

Hmmm. To simulate the loss of grip its quite nice.

But the other point of dirt models is the suspension movements. The grip on the dirt tracks is typically unpredictable unlike wet ahspalt due to the dirt surface which leads to the suspension movements. The driver must keep the car steady on dirt by costantly countersteering it everytime the car lost on grip at some point. Whilist on the wet ashpalt the surface is basically constant troughout the track.

The closest thing you can simulate those is to take the Challenger Touring Car or Camaro SS Touring Car to the Toscana and make it short on gears. Yeah, the Course Maker lacks Dirt and Snow tracks and i hate it.

I think that is my honest opinion to your idea :)
I had an oversized dirt brickyard in GT5 lol, but I'm really happy this worked out. Partially gotta thank @Moon_k for trying to get us to race nascar cars in the wet yesterday lol

Not sure, only tested with ovals as that was the objective, you could give it a shot though!

I had an oversized dirt brickyard in GT5 lol, but I'm really happy this worked out. Partially gotta thank @Moon_k for trying to get us to race nascar cars in the wet yesterday lol
Tag us with a post saying the room number when you make it!

Partially gotta thank @Moon_k for trying to get us to race nascar cars in the wet yesterday lol
I haven't ever tried above 30 percent surface water. Even if I did, you still would have beat me to this find because I am terrible at setting up cars and would spin out all the time. :P :lol:

Im at school right now and have to work after so i wont be on until later tonight

I'm confused, it looks like you're just driving a nascar on a wet circuit?
Looks are not deceiving. You are correct about what is happening.

However, the sliding that you see is intentional and it is suppose to replicate a Dirt Late Model. Obviously we do not have DLMs or dirt ovals, so this is the best we have so far. 👍

Looks are not deceiving. You are correct about what is happening.

However, the sliding that you see is intentional and it is suppose to replicate a Dirt Late Model. Obviously we do not have DLMs or dirt ovals, so this is the best we have so far. 👍
So basically you want a car that oversteers constantly and controllably?

Cool, looks like fun. Too bad you can't make a 1/4 mile track.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/marcolinos54321/course/1204599/

It's all measured as best as I could.

Used the in-app 200m scale to measure 400m for everything. The car is not placed directly behind the starting line so had to measure that too.

Took 2 El Caminos in party play - which are just slightly longer than 5m and parked one before the other. Then I parked it perpendicularly and there was a bit of space left.

2 El Caminos in length (10m) + 1 El Camino in width (1,9m) + a bit of space left = 12m+-.

The trick is to keep adjusting the first "corner" to get the desired number.

20151012_202837.jpg
20151012_202916.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/mypage/course/1204599/

It's all measured as best as I could.

Used the in-app 200m scale to measure 400m for everything. The car is not placed directly behind the starting line so had to measure that too.

Took 2 El Caminos in party play - which are just slightly longer than 5m and parked one before the other. Then I parked it perpendicularly and there was a bit of space left.

2 El Caminos in length (10m) + 1 El Camino in width (1,9m) + a bit of space left = 12m+-.

The trick is to keep adjusting the first "corner" to get the desired number.

View attachment 461477 View attachment 461478
Fix the link!

Back