DFGT support?

• Thread starter redsuns23
  • 29 comments
Poland
Poland
redsuns20
Do you think that GT Sport will somehow make Driving Force GT support available? Or is that a permanent 'no' from Sony and 'go buy a thrustmaster, we don't give a flywheel about your wallet'

Do you think that GT Sport will somehow make Driving Force GT support available? Or is that a permanent 'no' from Sony and 'go buy a thrustmaster, we don't give a flywheel about your wallet'

I highly doubt there'll be DFGT support. Plus it's now more like, "Go and buy a G29, we don't give a stuff about your wallet."

There is no technical reason the PS4 and or GTS doesn't support wheels that the previous version of GT supported on the PS3.

I bought a Fanatec wheel for GT5/6 and I was worried at first that it wouldn't be compatible with PCars on the PS4. However WMD and Fanatec made it happen. In fact it's better integrated into PCars than it was in GT5/6.

Like other posters have said. It's all about money and the desire to make it instead of spend it that keeps PS3 wheels from being supported.

There is no technical reason the PS4 and or GTS doesn't support wheels that the previous version of GT supported on the PS3.

I bought a Fanatec wheel for GT5/6 and I was worried at first that it wouldn't be compatible with PCars on the PS4. However WMD and Fanatec made it happen. In fact it's better integrated into PCars than it was in GT5/6.

Like other posters have said. It's all about money and the desire to make it instead of spend it that keeps PS3 wheels from being supported.
Logitech has shown no desire to upgrade older wheels to be compatible on PS4.

Fanatec made it happen by upgrading the firmware on the wheels with the proper software for PS4 support.

I think it'll depend on the G27+2 sales.
If it is selling poorly, they may be open to support of older wheels so they are represented. I imagine PD would push for a higher base of wheel models (which computer games have), the old logitech family being by far the most represented within wheel users.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, maybe a GT badge, slightly different colour scheme and maybe a button change here or there or the inclusion of a shifter... Who knows...

I doubt it but you never know. The DFGT is an official GT wheel. That's the thing. There might be a contractual obligation that Logitech have to comply with. That's the only way it could happen. That doesn't mean I think it will be compatible though. Anyway the T150 looks pretty good.

I think the question is wheter or not PD wants the older wheels to be supported. Support for these wheels can be easily added to ps4 by sony through firmware update.

If PD wants it, since GT is sony's biggest franchise, then sony will find a way for it to work

Logitech rebranded and touched up the G27 for re-release, I don't see why they can't do the same thing with the DFGT. Same motor, same housing, same basic wheel, add a few buttons and a new badge, slap a $199 price tag on it and it'll fly out the door. The DFGT was about as good a piece of equipment you could get for $99 (that's what I paid in December 2010) so I see no reason why they shouldn't just do a reboot. If the G29/920 is selling well, this should be a no brainer.

Ready for it? No reason to reinvent the wheel here. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

A software update for the console would have to support it. Anyways, the dfgt only seems to like gt5, in gt3 it's a bit like driving on ice. Gts might be better with the low end t150 and above.

The wheel must be supported by now. All the PS2 wheels were and why can't they make the PS3 ones too. If this is some marketing scheme leave me out!

We all know by now logitech's security chip story is full of **** and it's up to the developer to support a legacy wheel. Any chance we will see fanatec and other legacy wheel supported in GTS? This will be the single deciding factor for me to consider PS4/future GT. Spending another $300 for a possibly inferior wheel setup then what I have already isn't worth it for one game... On the other hand, I'd gladly spend $60 to try GTS even if it's just so so.

If Fanatec was able to do it for pCARS then, they might be able to do it for GTS. There is no hope in hell for legacy Logitech support as it's G29 or nothing with them.

Time for you to ditch your old DFGT! I sold mine to Amazon for $80.

My power supply died almost 2years ago and I am not sure it is available now. I still have it though but of no use :indiff:

I think we should have more wheels coming to PS4 soon. Thrustmaster is getting popular but I prefer logitech longevity :rolleyes:

Time for you to ditch your old DFGT! I sold mine to Amazon for $80.
How the heck could you sell it for this much being 2nd hand, lol. There were brand new DFGT's available for a similar price in this past black friday.

Back