United States
Florida, USA
Formidable_LG
Formidable77
20151028181803328edyw.jpg

News
Oct. 17, 2017
-It's out, folks!
-Decal Uploader not available at launch; will be released later on.

Oct. 5, 2017
-Interlagos finally revealed thorugh a trailer
-Full car and track list revealed
Oct. 3, 2017
-4 Day demo confirmed starting October 9th
Sep. 20-21, 2017
-McLaren VGT revealed; coming to GTS
-Porsche 911 RSR confirmed
Aug. 8, 2017:
-GTS will have no microtransactions
Jul. 27, 2017
-Aftermarket rims confirmed
-More campaign mode and livery editor details revealed
Jul. 13, 2017:
-Official release date: October 17th, 2017
Jul. 11, 2017:
-Closed Beta ends July 16th
Jul. 7, 2017:
-Closed Beta v1.08 released
Jun. 21, 2017:
-Closed Beta v1.07 released
Jun. 14, 2017:
-New E3 trailer reveals new tracks and cars
May 31, 2017:
-Closed Beta v1.06 released
May 3, 2017:
-Closed Beta v1.05 released
Apr. 11, 2017:
-Porsche confirmed!
-3 new tracks revealed: Dragontail Seaside, Blue Moon Bay, Sardegna (dirt course)
Mar. 9, 2017:
-Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta beginning March 17th in the US
Mar. 8, 2017:
-Gran Turismo signs partnership with Tag Heuer for in-game timing
Mar. 7, 2017:
-Fittipaldi EF7 VGT revealed; coming to GTS
Dec. 20, 2016:
-New scapes shown in new release of scape photos.
Dec. 12, 2016:
-Porsche cuts off EA exclusivity contract; could mean PD can finally have Porsche.
Dec. 8, 2016:
-Confirmed that PD has worked on the HDR feature for 3 years.
Dec. 3, 2016:
-New trailer shown at PSX game conference.
1. HDR and VR shown
2. Different times-of-day shown
3. New cars: Mercedes AMG GT3, VW Scirocco Gr.4, McLaren 650S, Chevrolet Camaro SS.
Nov. 2, 2016:
-Confirmed 4K and HDR support via PS4 Pro
Oct. 27, 2016:
-1 Year since the announcement of the game
Oct. 17, 2016:
-New direct sound feed video footage brings highly improved sounds.
Aug. 30, 2016:
-GTSport delayed to 2017
Aug. 17, 2016:
-78 new images released at Gamescom. M6 GT3 and dirt track (Fisherman's Ranch) confirmed, along with a (possible) replay improvement.
Aug. 1, 2016:
-GTSport could eventually have up to 400-500 additional cars
May. 19, 2016:
-GTSport info revealed
1. Campaign Mode: 117 offline events guiding you through the motorsporting genre
2. Sport Mode: Features online FIA events including the Nations and Manufacturers Cup.
3. 137 cars, 19 locations with 27 different layouts.
4. Photomode Scapes: Over 1000 scapes to choose from. No limit on cars in the photo.
5. Livery Editor.
6. Museum mode returning from GT5.
7. Tracks Seen: Nurburgring, Brands Hatch, Tokyo Expressway, Northern Isle Speedway, Seattle (?), Willow Springs.
8. New cars including PD-developed GT cars
9. New car ranking system (Gr. 1, Gr.3, N, etc.)
10. Community/Social aspect.
11. Release onn November 15th-17th.
-Popular first impressions: Good graphics, not so great sound, a few minor graphical errors and glitches. Overall, below expectations.
-Beta cancelled (?)
May. 12, 2016:
-GTSport event to be held at Copper Box May 19th-20th.
Jan. 4, 2016:
-Scuderia Glickenhaus may be coming to GTS
Nov. 5, 2015:
-Sung Kang's 240Z to be added to Gran Turismo for PS4
Oct. 28, 2015:
-More Substantial than a Prologue
-Sony Executive Jim Ryan confident on release date
Oct. 27, 2015:
-Announced Gran Turismo Sport at PGW
-Beta starts early 2016

GTSport Update Log

Released Oct 17-18, 2017

Last edited:
I don't think this is GT7, I think it's a standalone spinoff for a dedicated GTAcadamy game. Sounds as if it exists for the sole purpose of esports racing and maybe scouting for GTAcadamy. This is very disappointing, I was hoping for GT7. I skipped out on 6 because I switched to PS4; I really am in withdrawal from not playing a GT game. And don't get me wrong, I'm very glad to see a game like this. Traditionally I have been very good a GT games, so this game seems right up my alley; but sometimes I just wanna cruise around in a car I own, or used to own, and just chill.

I think it's GT7 only they stopped the whole numeric system. Honestly after a point the numbers will make the name sound generic. It's gonna be a full game, but with added emphasis on the "sporting" aspect of the motoring world.
I'll reply to you in this thread if its ok with you, but yeah the beta will help answer quite a few questions. I hope you are correct.

Building on its legacy as the most realistic and accessible driving simulator, GT Sport has partnered with the FIA to push the boundaries of racing games. In addition to everything you'd expect from a GT, the team at Polyphony and the FIA are introducing an online racing series that will be recognized alongside real world motor racing by the FIA.

As people said million times already, look at the video description. It is a full game :D
And the name is probably just Sport because they plan to add content to this game, not releasing another GT on PS4

Building on its legacy as the most realistic and accessible driving simulator, GT Sport has partnered with the FIA to push the boundaries of racing games. In addition to everything you'd expect from a GT, the team at Polyphony and the FIA are introducing an online racing series that will be recognized alongside real world motor racing by the FIA.

As people said million times already, look at the video description. It is a full game :D
And the name is probably just Sport because they plan to add content to this game, not releasing another GT on PS4
I heard the quote from earlier, I was watching the live broadcast. And that is a great point, but the reason I have suspicions was the tone of how he presented it. All he mentioned was this partnership with FIA and the two championships from with in. It sounded, to me, that this was something for us to play until GT7 came out. Out of everything in a GT game, he talks about this one aspect, sounds fishy to me. Also, he has a translator, which I assume not everything can be taken as a direct translation form Japanese to English. He could have meant that the quality and production value one can expect from PD will be in it, not really the features. But I digress, I'm just a bit worried by the vagueness of it all.

Last edited:

Judging from the value everyone has attributed to that one sentence, it seems that most of GTP doesn't understand 1) the bulls***t nature of PR speak, 2) this is Polyphony, and they have a hard time explaining anything accurately in English, and 3) that it's an incredibly vague statement.

My Idea of what GTSport could be:

• It'll be like the Forza Horizon of Forza, this time with a Motorsports focus.
  • Major focus on Real-life racing cars, but some classic and street cars added for good measure.
  • All premium level cars. (The standards from GT6 will be taken out, some possibly upgraded).
  • Some Offline aspects such as free run, single race, and offline career but major focus will be with Online.
  • Offroad racing may be axed or will have a minimal focus.
  • Around two Grade 1 FIA circuits(such as COTA or Sochi) could be added.

I don't think this is GT7, I think it's a standalone spinoff for a dedicated GTAcadamy game. Sounds as if it exists for the sole purpose of esports racing and maybe scouting for GTAcadamy. This is very disappointing, I was hoping for GT7. I skipped out on 6 because I switched to PS4; I really am in withdrawal from not playing a GT game. And don't get me wrong, I'm very glad to see a game like this. Traditionally I have been very good a GT games, so this game seems right up my alley; but sometimes I just wanna cruise around in a car I own, or used to own, and just chill.
I do agree that this is not a part of GT7. In the OP, I did kind of sound like I believed that it was a feature of GT7, but it was just to bring up points to discuss. In a way, to me, it is sort of like a GT7 prologue, but in a very different style. It mainly focuses on the motorsport side of things, and I think it will bring a very interesting experience.

To me, Gran Turismo Sport is just a taste of what we might expect in the future, but still having an enjoyable gameplay to make the game feel complete.

I do agree that this is not a part of GT7. In the OP, I did kind of sound like I believed that it was a feature of GT7, but it was just to bring up points to discuss. In a way, to me, it is sort of like a GT7 prologue, but in a very different style. It mainly focuses on the motorsport side of things, and I think it will bring a very interesting experience.

To me, Gran Turismo Sport is just a taste of what we might expect in the future, but still having an enjoyable gameplay to make the game feel complete.
Not unlike a more "Project Cars" feel to it. I agree 100%, but I still look forward to a more traditional GT experience.

I reckon it's the full GT7 game, regardless of title. As someone mentioned, the numbers are getting too high now to keep people interested. For example, GT7 makes people think "what, another one?", and GT Sport sounds like a new game to new gamers.

As it's a beta, I think it'll just be our chance to test it out for them before full release. Lets not forget that GT Academy 2012 (I think) was a beta for GT6, cleverly disguised so we'd play without us knowing it. They had new lighting, physics etc that were conveniently tweaked before release. I think it's similar in this instance. A lot of games go to public beta now because 10,000 beta testers find more problems than 10, and way faster too.

I could be wrong. Only time will tell when more details are released...

Glad to see I'm not the only one confused. As exited as I am, I really wish there was more info. From what I see, it could be:

1. A reboot of the Gran Turismo series (sort of like the new Need for Speed). It will have everything we expected from GT7 only with a deeper tie in to professional racing. This is what I'm hoping for.

2. An offshoot series that focuses only on professional racing kind of like Project CARS. The car list would be a lot smaller than usual sense it would only have racing spec cars. This would suck.

3. A replacement for GT Academy but only with FIA instead of Nissan. In this case, GT Sports would basically be a demo for the real GT7.

I definitely look forward to hearing more info. If this is really just an offshoot then we have to wonder when the real GT7 will show up. Do we have to wait until 2017 or even 2018 for a full GT7 that doesn't focus only on IFA racing? Driving race cars is fun but for me one of the things that always set Gran Turismo apart was the ability to drive regular cars, customize them and make them faster. If they take that away, they are leaving the door wide open for Forza.

I formally bet my account this is the next Gran Turismo main iteration. In other words, this is "the seventh main entry in the Gran Turismo series".
It very well may be; but if that's the case, I hope they are keeping alot, in terms of features, from us at this time.

i think this will be the next GT7.

Calling it GT Sport falls in line with younger gamers and competitive sims.
Some of us old dogs (im 30) may hate that thought but the game and its title need to attract fresh interest..

Either way, I'm excited to see the next Gran Turismo and look forward to turning a few laps!

Glad to see I'm not the only one confused. As exited as I am, I really wish there was more info. From what I see, it could be:

1. A reboot of the Gran Turismo series (sort of like the new Need for Speed). It will have everything we expected from GT7 only with a deeper tie in to professional racing. This is what I'm hoping for.

2. An offshoot series that focuses only on professional racing kind of like Project CARS. The car list would be a lot smaller than usual sense it would only have racing spec cars. This would suck.

3. A replacement for GT Academy but only with FIA instead of Nissan. In this case, GT Sports would basically be a demo for the real GT7.

I definitely look forward to hearing more info. If this is really just an offshoot then we have to wonder when the real GT7 will show up. Do we have to wait until 2017 or even 2018 for a full GT7 that doesn't focus only on IFA racing? Driving race cars is fun but for me one of the things that always set Gran Turismo apart was the ability to drive regular cars, customize them and make them faster. If they take that away, they are leaving the door wide open for Forza.
I hope number 1 on your list is what is happening.

Wow, I'm surprised nobody saw the typo in the title. Oops :rolleyes:

It very well may be; but if that's the case, I hope they are keeping alot, in terms of features, from us at this time.

If it is a renamed GT7, I do hope some more features are in there, and not just the FIA Championship, but we only have so many details of the game at this moment. We'll just have to wait and see :D

If it is a renamed GT7, I do hope some more features are in there, and not just the FIA Championship, but we only have so many details of the game at this moment. We'll just have to wait and see :D

Am I the only one here hoping it's not a renamed GT7? I don't want it to be a stopgap either; my ideal vision of GT Sport is a completely new direction for the franchise. I lost my love for the series in the PS3 era, and PD stuffed GT6 so full of gimmicks and antiquated content that it's become bloated to the point where I just want a clean, fresh start. In the beginning Gran Turismo was innovative, but Polyphony has been rehashing the same formula now for too long, and it feels stale.

All I know is you have to be aged between 7 and 77 to play.... Poor Stirling Moss and John Surtees! :confused: And Jackie Stewart's walking a fine line :lol:

I believe this is the full thing , with the typical GT carrer , etc , and then there's this side of the game focused on motorsports , just a guess.

You just described my perfect GT, if the emphasis was more towards motorsports mind,

It's a weird one.

Polyphony in their typical PR fashion offer little clarity on what exactly this is, leaving us guessing. But it doesn't seem to make sense for this to be a re-branding of GT. The tone of the trailer is one of something different, and more strict. Not the usual GT with all the massive variety of cars, but specialized, more serious racing, which makes sense with all the FIA branding everywhere. This would only be a re-branding of GT if Sony and Polyphony decided to alienate casuals and non-FIA governed racing fans, that is, the majority of their sales and fanbase, which simply doesn't make any sense.

That, along with the unusual timing of this trailer and announcement point to a spin-off aiming more to compete with the hardcore sims out there and/or be a successor for GTAcademy. Polyphony usually makes its major announcements at E3 to drum up as much hype as possible (hell, even GTPSP had an E3 announcement and trailer).

Now, there's nothing at all wrong with a spinoff game to appeal to a particular demographic and expand your market. However, with the case of Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon, the latter offers a completely different racing experience to the former, aiming to compete with other open world racing games, doing something neither attempted, nor doable in Forza Motorsport.

Having a more sim focused GT on the side will certainly appeal to the serious racing fans out there, and steal away some of the Project CARS, Assetto Corsa and rfactor market, but my concern is going to be whether this means I'll have to buy Gran Turismo Sport to experience that form of realistic racing GT has tried to juggle along with more casual racing for years now. Sure, they haven't been expansive enough regarding customization or features to tick all the boxes for casuals, nor sim focused enough to keep the PC sims at bay, but I appreciated that they tried to give us 'everything' for our $60.

Fully expecting a proper Gran Turismo 7 trailer come E3.

Am I the only one here hoping it's not a renamed GT7? I don't want it to be a stopgap either; my ideal vision of GT Sport is a completely new direction for the franchise. I lost my love for the series in the PS3 era, and PD stuffed GT6 so full of gimmicks and antiquated content that it's become bloated to the point where I just want a clean, fresh start. In the beginning Gran Turismo was innovative, but Polyphony has been rehashing the same formula now for too long, and it feels stale.
Trust me, A renamed GT7 is the last thing I want this game to be. I was just saying IF it was a renamed GT7, I hope there will be the same features that were in the previous Gran Turismo games and even more. My opinion is that it is similar to a GT7 Prologue before the main game comes out.

Found this image over on the PS4 Reddit board (). The key words in it are: "...In addition to everything you'd expect from a GT...". So this makes me think that GT Sports is GT7 but under a new name. This would allow PD to "reinvent" the Gran Turismo series for the new generation.

If this is true then GT Sports will have everything we know and love from a regular Gran Turismo (and possibly more) including the ability to buy regular cars (non racing spec cars), customize them, sell them and collect them. Gran Turismo has always had GT3 racing, F1 racing and Rally but none of it was actually licensed so perhaps the IFA connection will make the professional racing part of the game a lot deeper and more authentic.

Either way, Sony and PD really need to be more clear about what this game actually is. I've searched around all of the popular gaming sites and it seems like most of the people in the comments can't tell if this is the real GT7 or just some side project. Should we be exited or slightly annoyed and disappointed? Should I start saving up for a Play Seat and a Logitech racing wheel or should I start saving for an Xbox One and Forza 6 (I never thought I'd say that).

I have an uneasy feeling that this will be another repeat of GT Prologue. I think they're worried their consumer base was so underwhelmed by GT6, that they have to rush out a new game to keep us entertained until their next flagship(GT7) is ready. 'Sport' sounds too much, to me, like a mediocre name to define a new driving experience. A medium setting on a Hypercar, not quite in racing mode but stiffer than comfort.

I hope I'm wrong, but worried than I'm not.

Sounds like more manufacturers are coming too I hope we can still get a racing contract next year.

I assume this will possibly even have a better physics engine than GT7. This is the first racing simulator.

Back