GT Sport Is Not GT7.

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 363 comments
Makes sense to me.

Dont know why PD would abandon the numerical naming structure all of a sudden. And the unveiling trailer kust did not suggest that this was a full title.

Indeed it isn't, and if executed properly, this could be big. Just one example is, if half GT players want a modern simulation experience while the other half want a traditional GT experience, two separate titles could satisfy both. But then again, the new name could also be just an attempt to distance the new title from the exhausted formula of its predecessors.

Last edited:
So it's not GT7 and it's not GT7 Prologue. Question then is wether it's a GT spinoff or a GT Academy spinoff.

One thing is definitely sure: PD's communication has not changed for the better. :lol: I like JJ Abrams 'Mystery Box' principle, but PD's is 'Total Confusion'. :lol:

I told you but lot of people didn't believe me...
PD's communication up until here was ambiguous (and it still is :lol:). So saying 'I told you so' is just you being lucky. ;) But let's see how this turns out.

Mr. Ryan seems very confident that PD will deliver on time too:

Given Yamauchi's past of making promises he can't quite hold to, is Sony confident people will be playing Gran Turismo on PS4 next year?

"Yeah, we're confident," said Ryan. "There's nothing at this stage to suggest that he won't deliver on what was said. He's obviously been working on this for a while now, it's been a while since GT6 released, so we're confident."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-28-gran-turismo-sport-is-not-gran-turismo-7

---

I have a feeling GT7 will be a long way to go...

It's not a Prologue, it's not GT7, it's GT Sport.

I am very happy with this news, I have a GT on PS4. I'm sure GTS will be excellent.

Mr. Ryan seems very confident that PD will deliver on time too:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-28-gran-turismo-sport-is-not-gran-turismo-7

---

I have a feeling GT7 will be a long way to go...
Jim Ryan on GT6 DLC:

“I think that we very much cut our teeth on DLC with GT5, and I think there’s a real desire to make a quantum leap with GT6. Plans are not yet disclosed so I can’t talk in detail about what they are but there is a real desire to make a step change and take it to a whole different level.

“And, you know, other games in different genre have demonstrated what’s possible in terms of providing a much longer and deeper consumer engagement and monetization, so our ambitions are to make a big jump.”
Source

How is there any discussion over what is obviously a spin-off?
It's not hard to understand there is discussion given PD's very ambiguous communication around it, especially knowing all involved (Kaz, Ryan) have been known to talk from their asses.

I think GTS could be heavily focused on modern racing, with the FIA involvement, and online championships, and some production performance cars thrown into the mix, but have a much smaller car count than GT6. Then all the strides made in physics, damage modelling, AI, and actual racing, could lay the groundwork for GT7, which could bring in all the other cars GT likes to feature, the historic cars, the classics, the oddballs, etc.

So the Polyphony team could focus on race cars for GTS, and release it next year, then focus on modelling all the other cars, tuning, maybe customization, and the traditional Gran Turismo experience, and release GT7 a little further down the road without making fans wait those extra years for a Gran Turismo on PS4.

Looking forward to anything GT on PS4. Sounds like a decent side project to tie us over for the real deal, whatever that is. I just hope they don't forget the people who don't play online.
When I jump on PS4 i won't pay for ps+ so for me its crusial to have good GT mode in future GT game... So am more interested in GT7 than GT sport. But sport will give me look what to expect from GT7 in terms of graphic and car handling.

Seems like its a bit like the Tokyo/Geneva Motor show thing (please correct me on it's actual name) they released back in 2003 or so. Not a prologue, not a full title.. but a 'Mini-Gran Turismo' if you like.

You could say GT6 on PS4 now, Kaz decided this in 2013 and his decision has been renewed.

Seems like its a bit like the Tokyo/Geneva Motor show thing (please correct me on it's actual name) they released back in 2003 or so. Not a prologue, not a full title.. but a 'Mini-Gran Turismo' if you like.

GT Concept Geneva was released in 2002.

Back