• 4,512 comments

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
WeatherTech_SportsCar_Championship_logo.png

Schedule:

Jan. 30-31 - Rolex 24 at Daytona (Daytona International Speedway)
March 19 - Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring (Sebring International Raceway)

April 16 - Tequila Patron Sports Car Showcase (Long Beach)
May 1 - Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix (Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca)
June 4 - Chevrolet Sports Car Classic (The Raceway on Belle Isle)
July 3 - Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen (Watkins Glen International)
July 10 - Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park)
July 23 - Northeast Grand Prix (Lime Rock Park)
Aug. 7 - Continental Tire Road Race Showcase (Road America)
Aug. 28 - Oak Tree Grand Prix (Virginia International Raceway)
Sep. 17 - Lone Star Le Mans (Circuit of the Americas)
Oct. 1 - Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta)

Bold = North American Endurance Cup

Official Live Stream

Belle Isle is happening on my birthday. Maybe I'll actually go to that like I've said I would for the past 3 years. :lol: Looking forward to the upcoming season. IMSA 2016 here we come! :cheers:

If possible, I've love some footage anyone shoots. I'd like to put together some compilations from all the endurance races throughout the year.

Looking forward to next year, will be interesting to see if the changes made are in the right direction for the sport,

No surprise that Priaulx will drive since he will be part of the WEC Ford program but I fail to see how the last race of the CGR DP helps the debut of the new GT. Maybe the Ford wins at Daytona headline will be considered a success for the GT in their minds? I assume that the DP's will be crewed and run by the Indycar teams so atleast those guys will get a break from testing. I will be curious to see who is sponsoring the cars.

A lame duck season for the top class will only be interesting if the Mazda's are a threat to the 4 GM DP's. The new HPD powered Ligier will be fast until Pew gets in the car which might put them last in the P class points at the end of the year.

PC class should be more interesting for the guys that drive the cars but nobody else cares.

GTLM and GTD should be awesome if the BOP roulette wheel is locked in the closet with the Cup series carburetors and dont screw it up.

Most of his other opportunities have ended up with him crashing. Hopefully his driving has matured since his many incidents in F3 this year.

Most of his other opportunities have ended up with him crashing. Hopefully his driving has matured since his many incidents in F3 this year.
"Most of his other opportunities"....:rolleyes:

He won the 2014 Italian Formula 4, 2015 Toyota Racing Series, and finished 5th overall in his rookie season of Euro F3. Yes, he had two big crashes in F3, but he's not the first young driver to make a mistake or two. I'd hardly say that's "crashing in most of his opportunities". And aside from Monza and Spa, I don't remember many other incidents from F3, maybe 1 or 2 minor ones. I'd say that's not bad for a season consisting of 33 races.

No surprise that Priaulx will drive since he will be part of the WEC Ford program but I fail to see how the last race of the CGR DP helps the debut of the new GT. Maybe the Ford wins at Daytona headline will be considered a success for the GT in their minds? I assume that the DP's will be crewed and run by the Indycar teams so atleast those guys will get a break from testing. I will be curious to see who is sponsoring the cars.

I don't exactly see where Chip Ganassi Specifically says that, its the team bowing out the DP class in style (stacked to the brim as always).

Yes it's just a one off deal to try and break a record, this will be the last IMSA race we ever see with a Ganassi DP in it. (not counting when it becomes eligible for historics)

Lance Stroll didn't made a good impression during the middle part of last year by his Monza and Spa mishaps.

But sharing a car with Alexander Wurz should do him some good. Wurz have been well respected figure in the paddock for the last handful of years.

Neither do I, what gave you the impression I mentioned Chip?

When you said "I fail to see how the last race of the CGR DP helps the debut of the new GT", I thought you were reffering to his comment in the article.

A lame duck season for the top class will only be interesting if the Mazda's are a threat to the 4 GM DP's. The new HPD powered Ligier will be fast until Pew gets in the car which might put them last in the P class points at the end of the year.

PC class should be more interesting for the guys that drive the cars but nobody else cares.

GTLM and GTD should be awesome if the BOP roulette wheel is locked in the closet with the Cup series carburetors and dont screw it up.
I would be interested in PC if the IMSA actually gave it proper screen time.

Well if PC didn't have drivers with idiotic driving standards and it wasn't a spec class mixed in with not so spec classes, more people would care. Seriously, who the hell pulls in the middle of a track while traffic is coming? Even Danica Patrick doesn't do that.

Well if PC didn't have drivers with idiotic driving standards and it was a spec class, more people would care. Seriously, who the hell pulls in the middle of a track while traffic is coming? Even Danica Patrick doesn't do that.
Actually, idiotic drivers would make people care (albeit, the wrong people)

Back