Renault Banana (officially the RS16) launch

prisonermonkeys

Be Fearless
Premium
Peru
Hammerhead Garage
The heyday of elaborate team launches seems to be over, with most teams opting for a trackside launch the day of (or, sometimes, before) the first pre-season test - but not so Renault, who are officially launching their team and 2016 car at an event in Paris. In addition to unveiling their car, the team are expected to formally confirm Kevin Magnussen as Pastor Maldonado's replacement, and ART Grand Prix's Frederic Vasseur as team principal. Esteban Ocon is also tipped to be announced as the team's testing and reserve driver.

The team and car will be revealed at 1:15pm CET.

The spirit of Maldonado lives on - Renault's website has crashed.

This happens every year; for some reason, the teams don't understand that their car launches are popular, and so they don't plan for it in their broadcasts.

5df44d40-9124-4b91-a61f-4688e4fe5e87_800.jpg

That's it? THAT'S IT'! :odd: Oy it looks like a backmarker in Indycar.

Edit: They literally just removed the Lotus stickers and changed red to yellow.

Last edited:
Looks awesome IMHO... wait to see the car on track and then sun reflection on it

I mean it looks ok but the grid is already full of black and grey, I was hoping for an injection of colour. Hopefully that is just for testing, if no clear answer was given. I didn't watch the stream.

The black makes it difficult to see much of the detail, doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary about the design though.

The livery although plain has got 2 big ticks from me:
  • When it comes to front and rear wing end plates, the outside is normally coloured and the inside is black with white sponsors on the rear wing end plates. I like that on a black livery car, they have reversed this and brought the yellow to the inside.
  • The matte black areas at the rear of the engine cover compared to the glossy black is very cool.
Autosport took the answer as meaning this is a test / interim livery.

I mean it looks ok but the grid is already full of black and grey, I was hoping for an injection of colour. Hopefully that is just for testing, if no clear answer was given. I didn't watch the stream.
It's official and the race livery. :boggled: Thankfully Haas F1's livery of bright yellow should help things. :D

Wow, that lady is useless. She just called the Nurburgring the "Nuremburgring"

That's a railway, maybe the Renault has particularly good straight-line handling? :)

Infiniti sponsorship? Seriously?

It's the works car... why not? Renault=Nissan=Infinity/

Wow, what a joke

I have to agree, I'm hoping that there are more prime sponsors (and therefore more colours) to come.

"Are you abandoning your yellow colour?" host Louise Ekland asks Stoll.

"You can see how elegant this livery is," Stoll replies. "Will it be black at Melbourne? Guess... You'll see, but the elegance of the livery will remain."

I don't think it's 100% sure then. I just can't see them racing with a totally solid coloured car, makes no sense.

Back