• 44 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/02/2017-nissan-armada-allegedly-leaked.html

2017-nissan-armada-0.jpg

;)

Official images of '17 Armada. It be unveiled at Chicago auto show.

The engine is upgraded the new Endurance V8 ( same engine that will be in the new Titan) , goes from 317 hp to 390 hp .

2017-Nissan-Armada-1.jpg

2017-Nissan-Armada-10.jpg

2017-Nissan-Armada-29.jpg

Last edited:
With it being so similar to the QX80, I'm wondering why, well, anyone would choose it over the new Armada. It looks pretty good, and with the updated V8, will probably go quite well, too. Not sure if I'd choose it over a Tahoe, but, doesn't seem like a bad alternative anymore.

I hear rumblings that this is only a temporary replacement and that an all new Armada will release with the new QX80 in 2019. Makes sense because it literally costs them nothing to make this one since its theoretically been out already for 6 years globally. Give people something to hold them over until then.

Patrol based, eh? Nice.

With it being so similar to the QX80, I'm wondering why, well, anyone would choose it over the new Armada.

That is the same question that I've always had with the Toyota Land Cruiser vs. Lexus LX.

It would definitely look better without that stupid fender vent. And besides that, it looks too similar to the QX56.

What do you mean Sort of, it's a Patrol.

Same engine, Body and interior.

The only difference I see is the bumpers and the Wheel Flares

&MaxW=640&imageVersion=default&AR-131218998.jpg

Last edited:
What do you mean Sort of, it's a Patrol.

Same engine, Body and interior.

The only difference I see is the bumpers.
It's a facelifted Patrol on a QX80 chassis. (yes they are different) So it's sort of a Partrol and sort of a QX80 all wrapped up in a temporary package.

It's a facelifted Patrol on a QX80 chassis. (yes they are different) So it's sort of a Partrol and sort of a QX80 all wrapped up in a temporary package.
How are they different though, the Wheelbase is identical and surely the extended bumpers and Wheel Flares are not part of the chassis as it's a Body on Frame Chassis.

How are they different though, the Wheelbase is identical and surely the extended bumpers and Wheel Flares are not part of the chassis as it's a Body on Frame Chassis.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/02/10/2017-nissan-armada-chicago-2016-photos-video/

The updated, fully boxed ladder frame now boasts nearly four-inch-wide side rails, versus 2.4 inches on the current Armada. Nissan claims the change improves torsional stiffness by 20 percent and results in improved handling and better ride comfort.
QX80 chassis aka frame is different from the Patrol.

That's why i called it "facelifted" Nissan Patrol because it's mostly similar with the Patrol we have over here.

You need to read that again, it's comparing to the previous Generation Armada.
Those are the specs for the QX80 frame. I'm telling you as a Nissan employee that the Patrol and QX80 frames are different. Think what you want.

Those are the specs for the QX80 frame. I'm telling you as a Nissan employee that the Patrol and QX80 frames are different. Think what you want.
Well i guess I'll take your word then.

On a side note as someone who never the saw the previous generation Armada what the Hell are Nissan thinking:
Nissan-Armada-2.jpg

Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to sell a car with a roof like that, It looks like a typical 70's Midland Bodge job

On a side note as someone who never the saw the previous generation Armada what the Hell are Nissan thinking:
Nissan-Armada-2.jpg

Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to sell a car with a roof like that, It looks like a typical 70's Midland Bodge job
My dad had two of them and I honestly never noticed the buldge, Probably because it's straight from side profile
qab_550x230.png

Last edited:

Nissan-Armada-2.jpg

Looks fine to me.

Nissan-Armada-2.jpg

It was ugly but it had a lot of headroom.

How so? Every review I've seen (including this Top Gear one) seems to have it wrong then ;)
All I have been told is that to make this version of the Armada, they put the Patrol body with some tweaks onto the QX80 frame. Probably shouldn't be saying that much but if it'll get people off my back than so be it. Sounds to me like they are different because if they weren't then why bother with the QX frame?

Latest Posts

Back