Ferrari GTC4Lusso revealed

• Thread starter Nico_Ble99
  • 39 comments
Germany
Recklinghausen
n_blkr
Ferrari has just revealed their latest creation: the Ferrari GTC4Lusso.
FB_IMG_1454942106901.jpg

http://gtc4lusso.ferrari.com/uk/

7cgyau4b05h3_600.jpg

Doesn't look particularly luxurious, actually, it's downright eclipsed by the 612's level of refinement, so...moneygrab by way of bringing back an earlier designation. :rolleyes:

(The '60s Lusso indeed offered more comfort and amenities than models its contemporary.)

7cgyau4b05h3_600.jpg

Doesn't look particularly luxurious, actually, it's downright eclipsed by the 612's level of refinement, so...moneygrab by way of bringing back an earlier designation. :rolleyes:

(The '60s Lusso indeed offered more comfort and amenities than models its contemporary.)

I like the simplicity of the interior, not to complicated :P

not to complicated
I personally find it more complicated than the 612, with greater separation between the padded leather and brushed metal (look) bits--the 612 has a distinct bar bisecting the upper and lower dash sections, with vents emerging from it--and the GTC4 appears far more boy-racery than a luxury GT ought to.

So this is basically the facelifted FF then. Shouldn't this go in the FF thread?

@TexRex I wouldn't call this an improvement over the FF's interior, which I'd say is still the best 2+2 Ferrari interior since the 456M even with its pointless dual cockpit display. And it's even more obtrusive in the Lusso since it's been developed into a larger G-Force meter/speedometer on the passenger-side dash along with the sizeable central screen.

The exterior on the other hand looks a lot cleaner with the exception of the rear splitter, though the entire rear is a substantial improvement with its well-integrated quad tail-lights rather than the comparatively goofy protruding pair on the FF. New fender vents could be a little less aggressive (they're more of a throwback to the 275 than the prettier 250 Lusso), but they do lend well to this modern Ferrari GT shape.

If I had to point out one issue I have that's been a recurring theme since the F12berlinetta, it's the 'nogapsallowed' official naming format Ferrari's been eager to employ lately.

Last edited:
7cgyau4b05h3_600.jpg

Considering the FF blows the 612 out of the water in that mark this would be even further, pictures don't describe much.

Also looks like this will be the first Ferrari with a modern Centre console.

The car's flanks are the biggest improvement for me - looks much more athletic now, where it was a bit barrel-sided before.

Ferrari really missed the mark with the tagline in the top image. Aladdin is the wrong Disney movie to associate this with. I was really counting on a Little Mermaid reference, given the fish-like front end and those gills on the side.

A bit like the California T vs. the original California

I really liked the first gen California's styling, yes it was slightly frog eyed but it had a lot of personality and looked less generic than the Ferrari corporate look the 2nd gen one gained imo.

Interesting. When was the last time Ferrari offered two separate engines for the same car? Certainly not in the modern era.

I really liked the first gen California's styling, yes it was slightly frog eyed but it had a lot of personality and looked less generic than the Ferrari corporate look the 2nd gen one gained imo.

To be fair, the California T has dated quite quickly and even though I think it looks much better than the original, the design has grown tired much quicker than say an F12 or 488 ever will. That's the downside of a "safe" design I guess.

I just think the original California and FF looked "odd"... I just don't know that I could spend that much money on a car and have to continually convince myself that I like the look of it

I believe never. This one is also the first time Ferrari has ever put a front-engined V8 in a fixed-roof car.

Closest I could think of is the 208/308. Essentially the same car but the 208t had less displacement and a turbo. 208 wasn't offered in every market either.

Back