GT6 online - big problems in weekends

• Thread starter NixxxoN
  • 32 comments

NixxxoN

(Banned)
Spain
Barcelona
It's been now two weekends in a row that the GT6 online service works terribly bad. I would like to know if its something that has been happening on a worldwide scale or perhaps its just a local problem in spain/west europe.
On the other hand, from monday to friday it worked well. Only happened in the weekends. Unplayable because people kept disconnecting and was totally unstable.

Anyone else here?

Last edited:
Two Sundays in a row now, unable to have our weekly Sunday race.

Last Sunday we couldn't keep a room open for long enough to even start a race, and people dropped left & right, the room would just drop.

Just now, I was unable to create a room for about a half hour Error 1265 or something, unable to connect.
When I finally made a room, someone joined, and it dropped within 30 seconds.

I'm in Pennsylvania USA.
The other person in the room today before it dropped is from the US eastern seaboard.

Last week, it involved people from the US eastern seaboard, US west coast, US pacific northwest, and I believe both western & eastern Europe.
All were having trouble.

I too have been having similar issues. I can't see half the people in the lobby, get disconnected almost every time the lobby resets (start of race, end of race even if I'm just spectating, track change, etc), have errors when trying to connect to lobbies. Weekends, Sunday in particular is the worst, but I regularly have connection issues on any day ending in Y.

I also have similiar issues. I can't see some people on track and I get disconnected constantly. Besides, everytime I create a lobby, it says "Failed to create a room". I'm hosting a GRC Round 2 and it is being marked by connection issues. All drivers including me got disconnected multiple times.

Monday to Friday seems fine to me, but in Weekends, it isn't. It also has caused the @MonGnoM 's GGTC Round 1 postponed as well.

And moreover, every time I enter in my own room, I get disconnected after 15-20 seconds.

Looks like it's related to the demand, i.e. the amount of people who wants to connect to the GT6 lobby servers. Today in the afternoon it was fine for over an hour, but towards the evening it gradually got worse.

Does anyone know if it's the same with the Quick Match lobbies, or if it's only the player-created lobbies that suffer from this problem?

Looks like it's related to the demand, i.e. the amount of people who wants to connect to the GT6 lobby servers. Today in the afternoon it was fine for over an hour, but towards the evening it gradually got worse.

Does anyone know if it's the same with the Quick Match lobbies, or if it's only the player-created lobbies that suffer from this problem?
Surely the weekends have more people connected but that never happened before. Whats the matter? they reduced the number of servers or something? :/

Surely the weekends have more people connected but that never happened before. Whats the matter? they reduced the number of servers or something? :/

It's probably something with the servers. Could be that they reduced the capacity on purpose, but it could also be a side-effect from server maintenance (or the lack of server maintenance).

In the early days of GT5, I don't remember many connection issues. It's progressively got worse and worse. Even just in GT6's live span, connection stability has got worse and worse, and is probably the single most common reason most of the clubs and teams I am part of are no longer active.

If playing GT is already low on "life priorities list", it falls completely off the minute you have to fight the game just to stay connected online.

To the trends I have observed on GT6 and the downdetector.com status of PlayStation Network, the two go hand-in-hand.

Yesterday when the GT6 online started having hiccups, the reports on the website skyrocketed to over 1,000 in very short time.

To the trends I have observed on GT6 and the downdetector.com status of PlayStation Network, the two go hand-in-hand.

Yesterday when the GT6 online started having hiccups, the reports on the website skyrocketed to over 1,000 in very short time.

Really? PSN is perfectly fine on my end, it's just the lobby servers that are messed up.

I don't use downdetector as a reliable source. I checked the PS website numerous times on Saturday and it said that all services were fully functional.

So whatever's wrong sounds more related to the game itself than the PS network and Sony/PD need to get their asses in gear to fix this 🤬.

I don't use downdetector as a reliable source. I checked the PS website numerous times on Saturday and it said that all services were fully functional.

So whatever's wrong sounds more related to the game itself than the PS network and Sony/PD need to get their asses in gear to fix this 🤬.
Sony/PlayStation is the same company that told people it was their poor internet causing them to be signed out during that whole debacle. Downdetector uses reports to social media and the website itself by actual players, more reliable to me than a company that will lie about their network problems.

Sony/PlayStation is the same company that told people it was their poor internet causing them to be signed out during that whole debacle. Downdetector uses reports to social media and the website itself by actual players, more reliable to me than a company that will lie about their network problems.

More reliable than a lie doesn't mean that it's actually reliable. As it's reports from players it basically just means that the game can't be played for whatever reason, it doesn't say anything about the status of PSN.

More reliable than a lie doesn't mean that it's actually reliable. As it's reports from players it basically just means that the game can't be played for whatever reason, it doesn't say anything about the status of PSN.
The reports are from players who are all having various issues with PSN, not just GT6 racers who can't play. They'll also categorize the reports by what the complainant is experiencing (during the sign out problems "sign-in" was over 90% if I recall correctly). I just don't believe it's all GT's/PD's fault when every time there have been issues, reports on that site and to Playstation's social media spiked.

Downdetector isn't the most reliable source but the "reliable" ones won't tell the truth. GT doesn't have the best online play to begin with so it makes sense it'd be more effected than other games, if it is more effected to begin with.

The reports are from players who are all having various issues with PSN, not just GT6 racers who can't play. They'll also categorize the reports by what the complainant is experiencing (during the sign out problems "sign-in" was over 90% if I recall correctly). I just don't believe it's all GT's/PD's fault when every time there have been issues, reports on that site and to Playstation's social media spiked.

Downdetector isn't the most reliable source but the "reliable" ones won't tell the truth. GT doesn't have the best online play to begin with so it makes sense it'd be more effected than other games, if it is more effected to begin with.

But since the complaints are made by the players it's only natural that most complaints are made when most people are playing. The spike you see in the PSN complaints at the same time as GT's servers are acting weird doesn't necessarily mean that the two problems are related.

It could easily be that one problem is simply reported more often when more people are playing, while the other one actually gets worse. It could also be that both problems do in fact get worse, and that both are related to the amount of players, but not to each other.

They could also both be one and the same problem, but since PSN was fine for me this week and last week, while the GT lobby servers were horrible both weekends I have a hard time seeing that link.

I'm still sitting here with my thumb up my ass, waiting for PD to acknowledge that the "I can't see players X, Y & Z...let me rejoin...now players A B & C can't see me" glitch even exists. To this day, I haven't heard boo from PD regarding this issue, and like I said, it goes back to GT5. It's not as though it's uncommon either. It's now standard practice in most race lobbies for people to type how many they see on track before a race begins. It's so wide spread and common that dealing with it has become common practice. It's beyond rediculous.

I don't know if it's related, but when I was having trouble creating a room ("failed to create" etc), I was also having a significant lag time with the pointer/cursor moving between things while in the Community Menu.
I've occasionally noticed a bit of lag moving between menus, but not like this. It was specifically when in the Community Menu and trying to move the pointer down to "Clubs", and I had to wait for maybe up to 15 seconds before it would move down.

I have NO IDEA about any other days over the past few weeks because I haven't had a chance to attempt playing GT6 almost any other time than the weekly scheduled Sunday racing.

The one time I did race recently, not on a Sunday, it was a US national holiday, on Jan 18th, and I raced with another club, and the room was exploding repeatedly.
In retrospect I wonder if those problems were caused by more than usual load due to the holiday.

I will be curious to see what happens tomorrow.
Tomorrow is a holiday in US & Canada. (Or at least for many in both countries.)

Also, perhaps uninteresting, but I don't think the Mon Jan 18th problem, nor the past 2 sundays, involved "invisible cars" problems. It was all just staying in the room problems.

But since the complaints are made by the players it's only natural that most complaints are made when most people are playing and experiencing problems.

What I think your also forgetting to take into account are the reports of Pcars issues, which would suggest issues other than related directly relating to PD.

Meaning this point would carry some merit
GT doesn't have the best online play to begin with so it makes sense it'd be more effected than other games, if it is more effected to begin with.

but since PSN was fine for me this week and last week, while the GT lobby servers were horrible both weekends I have a hard time seeing that link.

You are reaching your own conclusions from your own experience, perhaps with some more investigation you'd find it easier to see that link, albeit a hypothetical one until such confirmation comes from the powers that be.

What I think your also forgetting to take into account are the reports of Pcars issues, which would suggest issues other than related directly relating to PD.

Except that the Project Cars issues apparently occur on PC as well, which would suggest that it has nothing to do with PSN at all.

You are reaching your own conclusions from your own experience, perhaps with some more investigation you'd find it easier to see that link, albeit a hypothetical one until such confirmation comes from the powers that be.

Fine. Explain why there is no report of PSN problems from last weekend.

Except that the Project Cars issues apparently occur on PC as well, which would suggest that it has nothing to do with PSN at all.

Thanks for that I was unaware of PC problems as I don't do any PC gaming (yet :)) so with that little bit of knowledge its not a huge leap of thought to assume that the Pcars issues are a separate issue entirely,

I agree with you that this weekends problems for me have been of a different nature. They (for me) began with intermittent sign out's from PSN, then a PSN update was released which seemed to fix these sign out problems but then after this update was released I started having incompatability issues and was unable to join any rooms in GT6, I could make them but joining others was hugely problematic, onto the last weekend, incompatibility issues have disappeared but left with a lot of disconnects that seem to be worse between the hours of 12pm UTC to 10pm UTC - I was thankful to see that it was not just me experiencing these problems and the GTPSCS has been greatly affected by whatever the issue is this last weekend.

So for me it seems that the original PSN issue - not one I've ever experienced before in 4 years - has caused a knock on affect to the PD servers, not sure if or how this can happen.

Ive contacted PSN and PD, Psn replied with check you connections and maybe its an ISP problem, and you can guess it PD have remained quiet :). Not a surprise.

I have a nat 2 connection with very high bandwidth, 204Mps Download, 14 Mps Upload Ping of 20ms, PS3 has static IP, its placed in my DMZ, and all relevant ports are forwarded, connected with a cat6 Ethernet cable and these settings have not changed in the past 12months where I have rarely experienced any problems.

So I agree that the issues have seemed to change, but I do have the opinion that maybe something in the update has made some original problem for PD more unstable. Not totally aware of the inner workings of Sony/PSN/PD - but surely they do communicate? After all this is their brand and their product - if a problem arises I would expect them to at least have communicated, the way I look at it, with offline play for GT not being what I play GT6 for as chasing the rabbit becomes very tedious, if online is broke then it has nothing going for it.

It was looking like a PSN problem when it started 4 weeks ago. You lost PSN login frequently back then. Now it seems they worked on that issue but haven't got it solved completely. It seems to be a problem with the infrastructure as players and hosts who haven't got a problem before (or it could be pinpointed to just a single player with bad connection) experience random but frequent disconnects at certain high-load times. Maybe the load comes from a DDOS attack, but it could also be an overload by high numbers of players.

Lol, corrected.

In the early days of GT5, I don't remember many connection issues. It's progressively got worse and worse. Even just in GT6's live span, connection stability has got worse and worse, and is probably the single most common reason most of the clubs and teams I am part of are no longer active.

If playing GT is already low on "life priorities list", it falls completely off the minute you have to fight the game just to stay connected online.
Thats true... GT5 was much better in the online mode and seriously I cannot understand how they can get worse in this.
The worst part is when you can't see some people on the track. That never happened in GT5
I hope this is all fixed in GT Sport...

I noticed PSN working very slowly aswell. When I tried to send a message with PSN it was very very slow and far from normal.

Weekends are a waste of time for GT6 online races since 3 weeks now, just a gamble if i'll make it 5 or 10min without a DC. In retrospect i miss the rock-solid GT6 online experience with a few invisibles that could be cured by a simple rejoin. Never hasn't been that bad. An overload of the infrastructure seems likely. :(

Hopefully the GTPSS debacle shed more light on this issue. There was a lot of exposure on it so hopefully it doesn't go unnoticed.

I can't keep a room open for more than 20 minutes atm, it's definitely GT servers because I'm still connected to PSN when it drops out. So it's more PD's fault than Sony's I guess.

Well another weekend and more GT6 online issues. Sony, PlayStation, Polyphony and the server support company all stand to lose. As users we don't need to argue among ourselves who is responsible or what the problem might be. This is a well known issue that online users from around the world have been experiencing for weeks now. It goes beyond our personal service providers, routers and any lobby settings. There are far too many of us who are frequent GT6 online users who know that we are not the problem. Personally. I have been a GT online user for 6 years and this is the worst it can be. I am not waiting for GTSport or GT7 because they can't or won't make this work. I am ready to go to iRacing and kiss goodbye to anything with a Sony label on it.

Back