• 23 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
apollo-arrow-geneva-reveal-2016-20.jpg

apollo-arrow-geneva-reveal-2016-17.jpg

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/03/apollos-1000hp-arrow-did-not-fail-city.html

Not a direct copy but you can see the influence, especially in the rear.

I love the car, but my favorite things about this post is the Green Arrow reference in the article's title.

EDIT: Also, the thing looks incredible from the side:
apollo-arrow-geneva-reveal-2016-12.jpg

Almost looks like something you'd see in Rocket League. And I mean that in the best possible way.

The most disappointing this is the new logo. I was hoping they would just remove the "Gumpert" from the old one and leave it. The new one is just boring and forgettable.

The car itself could use some toning down, but I think it looks good as is.

I think it's a pity they didn't continue more down the Tornate styling route. At least Gumpert had a unique look / brand identity, for me this looks a little too samey as all the other supercars out there.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
The Apollo Arrow does have that McLaren P1 appearance, only this one is more like a Hell-spawned brother-in-law of the P1. I'd rather have the P1 than even get close to this thing.

Apollo Arrow will be based on the SCG003S

CarScoops
As of January 2016, the company was bought by the Hong-Kong based Ideal Team Venture (who also owns DeTomaso), was renamed to Apollo, and unveiled the Arrow hypercar at the Geneva Motor Show.

Apart from saying that the Arrow fulfills all FIA standards and develops 1,000 PS (986 hp) and 1,000 Nm (737 lb-ft) of torque, Apollo didn’t offer additional information at the time, but now the company has announced a collaboration with Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus (SCG) and Italian manufacturing house Manifattura Automobili Torino (MAT), in order to further develop the model.

The Partnership will spawn a radically redesigned Arrow, powered by a naturally-aspirated V12, reserved only for the track, which will be unveiled in Spring 2017. Subsequently, it will be followed by a road-going version which will utilize the same carbon fiber chassis, tech, and engines developed for Jim Glickenhaus. That means the production-spec Arrow will get a 4.4-litre twin turbo V8, which in the case of the SCG003S, produces 750 hp.

The road-going version is believed to debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March, together with the SCG003S.

“I’m really excited to be working on this project with Apollo. The Arrow is a thing of beauty and we can definitely bring a lot of technical know how to the table from our successful experience of competing on the toughest races in motorsport”, said SCG’s founder Jim Glickenhaus.
CarScoops
2016-ApolloArrow-01.jpg
2016-ApolloArrow-02.jpg

I'm pretty sure there is a greater amount of sports cars for sale over $500k than under $500k at this time. What a time to be alive...
There's a lot more young millionaires out there looking for that unique toy to set themselves apart and to try and hide some of that money from the government.

I wonder if they are still working with SCG. I have seen recently that Glickenhaus has been posting a lot of development surrounding some transmission roadblocks.

Back