The Game Dying?

• Thread starter mrclep
  • 17 comments

mrclep

(Banned)
Denmark
Denmark
qube12
Is it just me that got that feeling, that GT6 don´t offer that more enjoyment anymore? I remember that in GT4 and GT5 you could do a alot and they would even provide some DLC´s to you and not forget the Sessonal events ( I know that its still a thing) but now there is only the Sessonal events left?What happend to the GT Concepts cars and all the Monthly DLC´s? Also, all the servers seems dead? Remember the fun servers on the AZURE map.The one people event that Police idea or just crusing around. Miss those days.

For me, the up coming GT Sport sounds like a big Demo for a GT7 game?

It's not dying for me.

Personally, I don't need DLCs or seasonals to get enjoyment out of the game. I pick a car, pick a track, and do exactly what I've been doing since I got the game. Drive. The user made tracks mean I've always got somewhere new to drive as well.

The Vision cars are a contentious issue as I'm a bit peeved they haven't stuck to any sort of release schedule, but in all honesty, the majority of them just take a slot in my garage and are generally ignored after golding whatever time trial they're used on. I still like to see what the manufacturer's come up with though.

I've never gone into one of the lobbies to pick a race to do (I'm seriously indecisive:lol:) but I'm a big fan of quick matches. Quick match may not be everyone's cup of tea so grab a few friends and set your own race up. Or join a club/league/whatever. What's the point of learning to drive the many cars and tracks in the game and not pitting your wits against other people doing the same?

GT:S may well be a demo of GT7 but PD have a history of releasing these little titles too. Either way, it'll be a good indicator of what to expect in the next big release in the franchise.

I think the big issue with the game was that it is only on PS3..So everyone on a PS4 will forgo the GT experience for however long as they enjoy their new console?

No it is not dying me, as @kilesa4568 pointed out in his post a lot of good things too do
:).

I agree with fordlaser and @kilesa4568

I think there are many different ways to play this game and for me the enjoyment comes from thinking of different championship series, testing the cars and then hosting the series - if everything works well, people enjoy the cars and we have great racing.

I have series planned right through till the end of 2016 - I haven't planned beyond then, because perhaps I will get a PS4 from my Wife for Christmas and start playing GTS in 2017. If not there are still many different series which can be created on GT6 and enjoyed with friends. If you haven't tried online racing with a good club @mrclep then you don't know what you are missing! For me the intensity of racing online, especially against clean, respectful drivers cannot be beaten - the only way it could be beaten would be if I had the money to race actual classic cars round the World's best circuits for real!

Shameless Plug: We race every Wednesday and Friday at 20:30 BST and currently have a couple of spaces - click on the links in my signature for more information.

Current & Future Series Poster 2.jpg
DM Combined 2.jpg

Its two weeks between seasonals so its a long wait between activities. I think that will go a while. However I think that we will reach June July and we still wont see any VGT. So its one year and we still havent seen any.

Is it just me that got that feeling, that GT6 don´t offer that more enjoyment anymore? I remember that in GT4 and GT5 you could do a alot and they would even provide some DLC´s to you and not forget the Sessonal events ( I know that its still a thing) but now there is only the Sessonal events left?What happend to the GT Concepts cars and all the Monthly DLC´s? Also, all the servers seems dead? Remember the fun servers on the AZURE map.The one people event that Police idea or just crusing around. Miss those days.

Hell No.

I remember that in GT4 and GT5 you could do a alot and they would even provide some DLC´s to you and not forget the Sessonal events ( I know that its still a thing) but now there is only the Sessonal events left?

There were 14 months between the last DLC of GT5 and the release of GT6. It will probably be something similar now, as they're saving all the new cars they make for the next game.

Of course, you can always add your own content, with the course maker ;)

The game is dying for those without creativity and without passion for driving. I'm not being snooty here, I will admit that I have become bored with a few parts of the game (namely no new cars, the "Vision" is blind).

For me, the key to continued enjoyment of GT6 is the online lobbies, which allow you to race against other human beings around the world! And you can create a room just the way you like to race. Use any track you like, any power level, car category, track details (edge grip, draft, penalties, etc). You can change restrictions/driving aids. Do practice, qualifying, race, or just cruise. Invite your friends to join your online room, get a headset and chat with your buddies while you drive with each other. So many things to do. Use your imagination. And be sure to kick the bozos, cheaters and hackers. Don't reward that behavior... unless that's the kind of room you like :)

Finally, you can browse through the whole game menu... Remember the lunar missions? Remember the Ayrton Senna challenges? The Goodwood Festival of Speed? The track creator? The performance analyzer? etc etc etc

Enjoy

If you're not a big online player the game was DOA in terms of replay value. There is absolutely no enjoyment to be had re-running the single player events thanks to the awful catch the rabbit, AI wants you to win format. I didn't even finish them all once, let alone more than once. You didn't get that with previous era GTs, you could re-start A-Spec a couple of years later and have fun all over again. I didn't get that with GT6, or really with GT5. Some people might enjoy de-tuning cars and seeing which can catch the lead car on the final corner, I don't. I want to race properly, and GT6 career doesn't offer that.

Sure, you can just drive but that gets boring eventually. I doff my cap to anyone who could find enjoyment out of the moon stuff more than once.

I think it has. Lately I've felt the game has now halted since lack of new updates. If it were not for me playing online for over an hour playing on server rooms I lose interest. Due to me not having a Tablet or ipad I've not being able to use the track creator so unless I am buying & tuning more cars & then playing online I not bother with Career mode except when I am running short on credits.

Yeah, it's kind of frozen in time two years ago, very few 2014 model cars and overall in dire need of a refresh/reboot. The Seasonals are sparse, online is spotty hit/miss. Last days of Pompeii.

I was very surprised since the beginning of the year to see a new batch of nice and pretty good drivers find and join our team and run 10+ drivers lobbies two times a week. In the two championships we currently run, the average number of players for each race is 14 since the beginning of the season (we do a september to june cycle). So the game is definitely not dying for me. There may be less people in public lobbies, but it has the advantage of forcing more the encounters with new players that have the same motivations as we do, when we host public lobbies.

But I'm afraid the shenanigans (or rather lack of) around GT Sport might kill it. When the beta was announced for spring 2016, we were counting on it to know how many would move to GTS at full release and see what the possibilities it would offer regarding events organisation. Now, we don't have anything but doubts about GTS and release date, and we're coming up to the point when championships were pretty much in test phase last year with barely anything discussed, and still don't know if it's worth trying to set up new series with the enventuality of a GTS release mid-season. Plus some of our members are waiting on that to switch to steering wheels or upgrade their current one. And the PS4k / NEO stuff is not to help.

I was very surprised since the beginning of the year to see a new batch of nice and pretty good drivers find and join our team and run 10+ drivers lobbies two times a week. In the two championships we currently run, the average number of players for each race is 14 since the beginning of the season (we do a september to june cycle). So the game is definitely not dying for me. There may be less people in public lobbies, but it has the advantage of forcing more the encounters with new players that have the same motivations as we do, when we host public lobbies.

But I'm afraid the shenanigans (or rather lack of) around GT Sport might kill it. When the beta was announced for spring 2016, we were counting on it to know how many would move to GTS at full release and see what the possibilities it would offer regarding events organisation. Now, we don't have anything but doubts about GTS and release date, and we're coming up to the point when championships were pretty much in test phase last year with barely anything discussed, and still don't know if it's worth trying to set up new series with the enventuality of a GTS release mid-season. Plus some of our members are waiting on that to switch to steering wheels or upgrade their current one. And the PS4k / NEO stuff is not to help.

I agree with almost everything GT_Alex74 has said, but add - the failure of PSN to deal promptly with the under capacity problem which has plagued online racing at weekends since Christmas has also done a lot of damage. We found that there was no alternative, but to stop racing on Sunday's altogether and switch to weekdays. For some long term members this is not convenient and they have now given up on GT6 altogether and having lost the habit of online racing may not be buying a PS4 in the future or be bothering with GTS or GT7.

We play online only on Tuesdays and Thursdays evenings currently so I never had to deal with those week end issues everybody talks about. Can understand how this would be a huge turn-off if it happened in our time windows. Hope this will be fixed on PS4 when there's no PS3 servers left.

This is my first time logging into GTP in probably 6 months. For me, the game is dead.

GTP hinted that PD would release new VGT cars sometime around September. PD did not (no fault of GTP, but I had expectations). Meanwhile, weekly seasonals were changed to every two weeks. Then my PSN account was hacked and my friends list was deleted. At that point, there was no incentive to recreate my friends list and strive to beat the faster ones (two weeks is too long to hold my attention). I would have continued to race Sick's classic series, but my availability on Sunday mornings was sporadic. As a result, I haven't touched my wheel since September or early October. I haven't even bothered to try the user-created tracks.

I checked in today to see if GTS is really happening, and it seems it might not anytime soon. Therefore, my interest in the GT series is officially dead.

Would anyone like to buy a wheel?

I don't think I could get bored, I could spent hundreds of km on each cars just driving on several tracks.

Some of the old cars like Suzuki Cappuccino can be really fun, also recently drove hundreds km with McLaren F1 GTR replica ( based on JGTC spec ), so damn great on SH tires.

I have many cars with over a thousand km on the odo, spent over 23+k km at Tsukuba alone :)

From time to time I also host online lobby with no assist, just track day with realistic room settings, always have visitors either just watching, leave right away or do some laps together.

Back