Is it possible to play GT6 online without doing any updates?

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 36 comments

The87Dodge

(Banned)
United States
Seattle, WA
rizkeat
Hey everyone, it's me, The87Dodge

Just asking if I can play online GT6 with version 1.0, no updates. My PS3 can install six of the 23 updates, but after that it fails. I'm pretty desperate to play GT6 online again. Is this possible? If so, show me how to do this.

Thank you.

Just asking if I can play online GT6 with version 1.0, no updates. My PS3 can install six of the 23 updates, but after that it fails. I'm pretty desperate to play GT6 online again. Is this possible? If so, show me how to do this.

Thank you.
No.

Thank you.
is this a common problem? i am installing 5/21 files right now. i am wired and have 50mbps. hasn't stopped yet....just waiting and waiting hahah

I've reinstalled game data loads of times (when a track won't load) and not had a problem once.

Only a small percentage of people run into problems and have to ask for help so I wouldn't worry.

I hope I haven't jinxed you.:lol:

i doubt it...i hardly ever have problems. i just bought brand new copy and it is taking a while to install. still on file 5/21 after two hours...hope it goes faster soon

Sounds about right to me. I think it's about 4 or 5 hours when I do it and I'm on 152Mb.

Slow assed PS3 file system.:rolleyes:

jesus. i am now 90% of 1478 mb.....file 7/21 this is absolutely ridiculous

Good luck mate - I hope it all loads ok.

It's a shame that they don't reissue the game with the majority of the updates already on - they did that with GT5 and called it the Academy Edition - it had all the DLC and most of the updates. Not everyone is lucky enough to have ultra fast broadband and the ability to download the updates in a half reasonable time.

Good luck mate - I hope it all loads ok.

It's a shame that they don't reissue the game with the majority of the updates already on - they did that with GT5 and called it the Academy Edition - it had all the DLC and most of the updates. Not everyone is lucky enough to have ultra fast broadband and the ability to download the updates in a half reasonable time.
i figured it would take forever..just want to play on my 3 days off, which never happens hahaha 97% of file 7/21

just for giggles, how much gigs is 21 updates? it just got done with 7/11 sped through 8 (which was 598 mb) the 9/11 is 2115, i thought i was done with the big files lmfao might as well have a few beers i guess!

well, 15/21 and it seems to be hauling a lot more ass than earlier!

thanks for the info about double posting! and yes it was a success, i played a few but was tired so i called it a night, will be hitting it hard all day today!

Last edited:

Hope the download was successful. Just a quick note - this site likes people to avoid double or triple postng - they encourage you to add extra information by editing your exiting post. To make it clear that you are updating an existing post, click edit and then insert Added by Edit: and then insert the new / updated information.

thanks for the info about double posting! and yes it was a success, i played a few but was tired so i called it a night, will be hitting it hard all day today!

Glad to hear you got through. Yup it does take long to install the 22 or so updates starting from scratch. A fast internet connection connected via wired (and not WI-FI) is recommended.

First time I started attempted to do so with an older "Fat" 50GB PS3. It basically bricked the console in that it was stuck on a black screen and for the life of me I could not get back to the main screen in order to do anything else. I ended up buying a brand new 500GB PS3 (The slim one with slide door) so determined I was to play the game GT6 which I had only then recently bought. Loaded the PS3 up, installed the latest PS3 OS update (downloaded from computer, saved to USB, put USB in PS3 and updated that in one go)....then proceeded with the 20+ GT6 updates online via wired connection. Took some hours but was worth it in the end. Since upgrading to the lastest update I've played the game every single day since without fail.

Yep, like @davidt33 I bought a 500gb slim and installed GT6 three weeks ago. It went just fine. At only 22 mbps it took a little less than 5 hours. It would have been less if I had not done the first 10 updates before I realized I should connect through an Ethernet cable.

It's not that bad, once you've done it.

I just bought this game yesterday and.. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON??? Ive been downloading/innstalling for 28 hours now, and thats without any downtime on either download or install. Yeah my connection isnt the best (@20MBs/down) but even the innstalling is taking forever. For gods sake, when you download the game from psn store, you should be getting the game + all updates in one download. Judging from this latest installation-bar Im not even close to finished. All Im waiting for is an error.

I just bought this game yesterday and.. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON??? Ive been downloading/innstalling for 28 hours now, and thats without any downtime on either download or install.

Something's wrong. What are mbps you getting AT the PS3?

Something's wrong. What are mbps you getting AT the PS3?
It's installing some updates atm so I'm not sure. Been installing this particular update for 4.5 hrs now and by looking at the progress bar I'd say it's about halfway done. The bar is slooowly moving so at least it hasn't frozen.

Yea, there's a problem. I assume you're following the method that Cowboy linked to in post #6? Even with my new PS3 with nothing on it, I had issues until I did it that way.

Back