The Autocross Thread.

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 19 comments
United States
Chicago
fortbo
fortbo
I noticed we do not have a thread on this form of motorsport. Discuss anything on the topic. I currently am planning on doing many event in the Chicago region this year with one being scheduled for this weekend.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And always remember, don't be this guy...
image.jpeg

So I've got my first even of the summer this weekend. About 160 cars are signed up so it's definitely going to be crowded. I'm currently in the STU class.

Last edited:
Had what it turns out is my final event of the season today. Was sitting P3 after the morning runs, with a run where I coned that would have put me P2 (and would have stood for P2 at the end of the day.) I'm co-driving with my brother, and on his first run of the afternoon one of the rear axles broke and ended our day (and season). Disappointed not to get any more runs since I had at least a second in me but oh well, that's racing. Over the offseason the plan is to get new tires, a smaller steering wheel and new rear axles.

I was lucky enough to instruct an autocross school this Saturday. During lunch the instructors got to run on the practice elements. I worked on figuring out how to make better time with my non-autocross tires in the slalom. After nothing but RE71Rs I forgot what normal tires feel like. I was happy with the practice, after some runs I was wiggling them.

IMG_0275.jpg

I got to drive that homemade car again ( Scrap Metal ) I got video this time! Unfortunately the PCV failed so oil was all over the camera.

0.255 slower than the owner but considering I had the second fastest time of the day for anyone I'm fine with that.

Back