can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
upload_2016-5-20_0-13-42.png

Hello there!

With the General Discussion thread packing on 90 pages in the last 24 hours, it can be a little hard to keep up. Given all the news that's come out of London this week – and who knows what untold surprises awaiting you guys today – we wanted to give you a dedicated thread.

This is for the folks that were lucky enough to score tickets last week to share their thoughts and experiences during and after the event today. It's also for people less fortunate – like this guy – to harass politely ask you questions. :P

According to @Saidur_Ali's handy poll, the list of GTP members going are as follows:

@JacoJa, @Roo, @sirjim73, @dbutton74, @Aderrrm, @fifomaniak, @finnracer, @Saidur_Ali, @Ferrari458Italia, @BLKJ Evolution, @Traviizter, @con360, @FT-1, @badnan, @scholesy1899, @nowcontrol, @GranTorino91, @swillisam, @H1s6n, @CORRUPTEDDISC, @TaSiMa, and @DJ_Devious

If you haven't yet, check out @sirjim73's thread about meeting up prior to the event: Click here.

You've got the chance to meet a handful of GTP staff, too (I believe it's a record number in one place):

@Jordan, @PASM, @AJ, @Scaff, and @daan will all be in attendance. AJ even seems to have some swag at the ready...

Feel free to use this as your base camp for sharing, and have fun! :D

:gtpflag:

It's also for people less fortunate – like this guy – to harass politely ask you questions. :P
I thought you were coming, Slippy?

I'll do my best to take a few videos with my phone (no 4k camera with tripod, sorry), and share my impressions with you all when I arrive back at the hotel this evening. 👍

Was hoping to see the bugatti vision car. but looking at snapchat this morning. Looks like they have packed it away 🤬

Fingers crossed they unpack it later ...

I'll be posting content to my YouTube channel tonight/tomorrow and posting links here. I'm also taking a notebook to try to jot things down during the day.

Hopefully somebody takes their sweet time to go thru all that the demo has to offer, not just the racing and sounds but also the menus, photomode, LIVERY EDITOR and complete car and track list.
Will do shortly! I'm about to have my first proper go in the second race. Looks like the version on show today has about 5 tracks. Tokyo, Willow Springs, Brands Hatch, Oval Speedway, and Nurburgring Nordschleife. No livery editer to play with today... or photomode.

Will do shortly! I'm about to have my first proper go in the second race. Looks like the version on show today has about 5 tracks. Tokyo, Willow Springs, Brands Hatch, Oval Speedway, and Nurburgring Nordschleife. No livery editer to play with today... or photomode.

They could release that version to the public as a glorified demo to reduce the non-beta pain 💡

They're all off by default. I had to actually go in to make TSC +2... most people don't touch the settings.

Edit: I'm representing Australia in the second race. They weren't even sure if they had the flag in the game! Glad they found it. 👍
Can the car settings be adjusted? Is there anything tuning related in the current game?

Can the car settings be adjusted? Is there anything tuning related in the current game?
Nope, not at this stage. I'm currently uploading a video which runs through the entire menu system. Should be up in an hour or two.
Some people reported screen tearing yesterday while others said it was very fluid yesterday, How are you guys finding the frame rate?
I haven't noticed anything to be honest.

Last edited:
Back