Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Yes, with tiny adjustments though

Votes: 40 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
France
France
So I was wondering, GT Sport will not include any Premium from past GT's, and we know the amount of effort it took them. Do you think these cars deserve to be included in the next GT?

Here are 3 cars dating back to GT HD era, more than 10 years ago technology. Just to showcase how even the oldest look.

1464373828-syracuse-jour-8.jpg

1464374374-syracuse-jour.jpg

1464373798-syracuse-jour-2.jpg

1464373799-syracuse-jour-3.jpg

1464373801-syracuse-jour-1.jpg

1464373811-syracuse-jour-7.jpg

1464373792-syracuse-jour-4.jpg

1464373807-syracuse-jour-6.jpg

1464373829-syracuse-jour-14.jpg

1464373784-syracuse-jour-5.jpg

1464373826-syracuse-jour-9.jpg

1464373823-syracuse-jour-10.jpg

1464373820-syracuse-jour-12.jpg

1464374375-syracuse-jour-13.jpg

1464373822-syracuse-jour-11.jpg

This place is too much like the alien hideout in Rocky Horror sometimes, and I feel like Brad. :P

Anyway, you're asking the wrong person with me, because I say load it up. Legacy tracks too. Of course I say this as someone who really wants GT7, but since most of motorsports rely on modified street cars, I wouldn't see any car as undeserving of inclusion in GT Sport.

In particular, the N Class of sports cars will undoubtedly be structured with its own sub-class levels. After all, there's no way to balance a race with a Miata, a Mustang and a LaFerrari. More cars like those above yield more variety, and I'm all about variety. It's not quite clear what we're getting in Sport just yet, but if we knew it all, E3 and TGS would be anticlimactic.

If a car has the interior modeled then it should be in.

Well, the other requirement of mine would be that the car has to be "unique", in terms of not being a duplicate of another just added to boost the total car amount.

For me in GT5 and GT6 the model quality disparity was because of the lack of interiors. Never cared much about the external look (we all tend to look at the track after having passed all the AI opponents in the first corner).

Though I do care about "standard tracks". Some of them were really subpar in GT5 and GT6, making the PS3 era GT games have an unfinished look and vibe. For example, I'd prefer Laguna Seca to be out if it is not going to be remodeled.

Last edited:
While I doubt the difference between PS3 premiums and GTS cars would be very noticeable in gameplay, it certainly would in photos and replays. Not that this would be a reason to dump them, but when Polyphony is promoting scapes photos as much as they have, you've got to imagine they want the cars to look as detailed as possible in non-gameplay scenarios.

And they'd all probably be fine once they're prepped to work with adaptive tessellation, but who knows how much work that is.

Apparently enough that Polyphony would rather rebuild cars "from the ground up".

I think the reason for this is marketing more than anything else. With only 130 or so tessellated car models PD can go for the quality over quantity approach in GTS, while saving the PS3 premiums for the next full GT, increasing the car count considerably. Considering how many cars PD models in a year, if they include all premiums now they risk only having a car increase of perhaps about 50 additional cars in the next GT game.

I don't think these cars will just be thrown away, remember that this is PD and we had PS2 cars models dating to GT3 in GT6, and even rumors on how Kaz wanted to keep the standards on PS4. :lol:

Anyway, yes the models are great. That Elise is rough and could probably be remodeled, but I assume most could be just touched up. Increase the resolution of the textures, perhaps redo the wheels from scratch (usually the weakest part of the premium cars), and with the PS4 shaders, lightning, reflections etc. they should look great.

PD: - "I can see polygons around the exhaust and wheel arches on the Integra." *starts over from scratch*

- "The 599 Fiorano looks perfect, no polygons visible." *starts over from scratch*

- "Some rough edges around the face of the Elise." *starts over from scratch*

And they'd all probably be fine once they're prepped to work with adaptive tessellation, but who knows how much work that is.

Apparently enough that Polyphony would rather rebuild cars "from the ground up".

It's probably the only way, unfortunately. Even if it were minor changes to the mesh it is still basically back to square one as you'd have to UV and texture all over again. Ironically, it's both less and more work at the same time within the grand scheme of things.

I don't know the details on performance with AT vs LOD but it's certainly better on the eye when done correctly.

So I was wondering, GT Sport will not include any Premium from past GT's, and we know the amount of effort it took them. Do you think these cars deserve to be included in the next GT?

Here are 3 cars dating back to GT HD era, more than 10 years ago technology. Just to showcase how even the oldest look.

1464373828-syracuse-jour-8.jpg

1464374374-syracuse-jour.jpg

1464373798-syracuse-jour-2.jpg

1464373799-syracuse-jour-3.jpg

1464373801-syracuse-jour-1.jpg

1464373811-syracuse-jour-7.jpg

1464373792-syracuse-jour-4.jpg

1464373807-syracuse-jour-6.jpg

1464373829-syracuse-jour-14.jpg

1464373784-syracuse-jour-5.jpg

1464373826-syracuse-jour-9.jpg

1464373823-syracuse-jour-10.jpg

1464373820-syracuse-jour-12.jpg

1464374375-syracuse-jour-13.jpg

1464373822-syracuse-jour-11.jpg
Yes. The models themselves don't really need that much touching up.

The textures are really the only area where they fall too far behind the GTS models. Someone posted an interior pic of a car in GTS in another thread, and you can clearly see the polys in the seats and dash, it's really not much better than GT6 premiums. Where the GTS models are so much better is in the textures, they are properly current gen. So re-do the obviously bad textures, like the plastics and basically every texture involved in the lights, and I reckon they'd fit in quite fine in GTS.

With that said, I agree with @OHM_fusion. They're likely holding these cars back on purpose so the next proper installment in the series will have a massive jump in the car list.

Am I the only one that thinks that this 'rebuilt' stuff is just a nice marketing way of saying 'we've touched them up for PS4' and that all the past premiums will resurface in GT7?

Maybe. Remember the GT6 physics being "built from the ground up", and it felt like 85% the same as GT5. At the end of the day, the best GT6 cars had ridiculously high poly count, so they don't actually need to rebuild those, unless there is going to be proper damage with panels coming off and exposed internals.

As I said before, the only thing that absolutely has to be re-done on the GT6 premiums is the textures. The very best of them might be ok untouched, but most will need all new textures to match the much better textures found in the GTS models.

The "made from the ground-up" thing is, putting it lightly, male cow manure. Think about it for a second.

If they had really scrapped the previous "premium" models made for GT5 and GT6, why would they use cars like the old Audi R18, the older Peugeot 908 HDi and the outdated Toyota TS030? Surely, if you were gonna scrap your models you'd take the chance to fill up the void with the newest versions of those cars, wouldn't you? You'd ask Audi for the R18 e-tron Quattro and Toyota, your close buddies, to include the TS050. After all, it's a new game, right? You'd want close competition with cars made to follow the same FIA rulebook (instead of mixing Gr. C racers with GTLM racers and LMP1 racers...silly Kaz...), you'd want to shock and awe all the audience by showing them shiny relevant cars instead of outdated ones.

From a logical point of view, this seems absurdely fishy to me. Either PD made some very poor designchoices or they're feeding us lies, neither of which would surprise me considering their track record.

Last edited:
Can't say the 599 GTB looks bad. The reflections may be too "plastic".
The Elise 111R needs some work, though. And some parts of the Integra do.
And the R32 GT-R is modelled all wrong. The face, particularly. The standard version has better proportions.

Can't say the 599 GTB looks bad. The reflections may be too "plastic".
The Elise 111R needs some work, though. And some parts of the Integra do.
And the R32 GT-R is modelled all wrong. The face, particularly. The standard version has better proportions.
Hmmm... I can not detect the error:
r32-gtr-fb.jpg

I can see a hint more curve over the top of the hood. But it's so slight, who cares? I'd say touch it up slightly with the rest and throw it in there. I loved that car in GT5 and 6, Race Modded too.

Back