GT Sport COLLECTORS EDITION preorders in hte EU?

• Thread starter EmaNymton
  • 27 comments
Austria
Vienna
Ema-Nymton
I would like to pre-order the GT Sport COLLECTOR'S EDITION, but did not find any shop/supplier in the European Union (only Australia/New Zealand and Norway).
I hope this thread can help to find the first retailers who offer the COLLECTOR'S EDITION in the EU soon, please post any findings!
Thank you very much!

Thanks for the hint!
I tried on bol.com but my Dutch is really bad and I only have a prepaid Credit Card, and my order failed (as there is not enough money on my Credit Card).
I'm just curious now if they will charge my Credit Card immediately after placing the order or if they would charge me only upon delivery (which would be normal precedure).

You can preorder it in Belgium, is it Bol.com, or GameMania.- 129E

Nothing in Italy either. No regular/steelbook, nothing. Amazon.it hasn't even changed the release date - still 31 December.

Well, as I have transferred money to my Credit Card, I have now ordered the GT Sport Collector's Edition from bol.com
I just hope that this is a serious company/reseller, because I would hate to see my money go down the drain for nothing.
It is a little strange, however, that their complete Website is in Dutch, so for most things I had to use Google-Translate, but in the end it seems to have worked out, as I just received an order-confirmation via E-Mail.
Thanks again for the hint!

I've been checking my usual places every day to see if it's up for preorder in the uk yet but nothing, only the normal version atm.

I've been checking my usual places every day to see if it's up for preorder in the uk yet but nothing, only the normal version atm.
It's doing my head in! It's all a bit weird that it was announced a couple of weeks ago but nobody in the UK has it available for pre-order.

It's doing my head in! It's all a bit weird that it was announced a couple of weeks ago but nobody in the UK has it available for pre-order.

Yea, not even the Limited Edition is up in the UK yet, is a bit odd, if anywhere is going to get the Collectors I expect it will be Game and/or GameStop.

Yea, not even the Limited Edition is up in the UK yet, is a bit odd, if anywhere is going to get the Collectors I expect it will be Game and/or GameStop.

As I said before, I live in Austria and would usually order from Amazon.de, but it's not available there either.
But as I also have mentioned before, I pre-ordered it from http://www.bol.com
The bad news is, that they have charged my Credit Card already for the full amount which is 101,31 £ including shipping.
They will receive a "Dear John"-sort of E-Mail from me for this anyway! :D
But at least I have placed my pre-order and if they want to play games with me and the Collector's Edition shows up on Amazon, I can always cancel my order and get my money back (that's the charm of a Credit Card).

Collectors%20Edition%20Bestellung%20bei%20bol.com%20Detail.JPG

Yea I saw that but never heard of them and can't speak/read Dutch. At the reveal they said the collectors was coming to UK/EU, it's just waiting for the pre-orders to go up, the best versions are near always the last versions to go up for pre-order.

My Dutch is lousy to non-existent too (even though some words are very close to German), but Google Translate does quite a good job there.
The very day the Collector's Edition comes up on Amazon will be the day when I cancel this order, ask my money back and order from Amazon.

Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for your email of 31 May 2016.
You indicate that you were surprised that we already charged the full amount for the reservation of "Gran Turismo Sport Collector's Edition - PS4" I can understand that you want to know more about this.
To obtain this game as one of our first customers bol.com decided to charge the full amount for the reservation.
Ofcourse you are free to cancel your reservation now to get your money back and maybe make a reservation just before the expected release date of 16 november 2016. Since this is a hot item in our webshop I cannot indicate the expected delivery date if you order it at that moment.
I am sorry for not being able in this situation to offer you another proposition.

I wish you a pleasant evening.
Kind regards,

Johan

bol.com Customer Service
www.bol.com

Well, as I have transferred money to my Credit Card, I have now ordered the GT Sport Collector's Edition from bol.com
I just hope that this is a serious company/reseller, because I would hate to see my money go down the drain for nothing.
It is a little strange, however, that their complete Website is in Dutch, so for most things I had to use Google-Translate, but in the end it seems to have worked out, as I just received an order-confirmation via E-Mail.
Thanks again for the hint!
No problem mate, Bol is the biggest online shop here, rest assured.
Its normal that they charge for a limited product.

Yes bol.com is a reliable shop here in the Netherlands. I believe you always pay for preorders / reservations in advance with them (games at least from my personal experience).

Well, I just checked and it is really on Amazon.de now, price is 169,99 € and release date is 16.11.2016.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B018UK8NQ4/

Now I don't know what to do:
cancel my order @ bol.com even though it is cheaper there by 40,- € (which makes me even more curious how they can be so cheap?)?
:confused:
Or keep both orders and selling one of the boxes in November?

Now I don't know what to do:
cancel my order @ bol.com even though it is cheaper there by 40,- € (which makes me even more curious how they can be so cheap?)?
Or keep both orders and selling one of the boxes in November?
If i would be you i would buy the german version so you can read the book thats included.
Or will they be all in english?

Good question! :confused:
But I don't know the answer (that's always the problem with good questions!). :D
But tthen again... I did not read the book(s) from previous special editions, so in principle I couldn't care less (as long as the game itself installs in German language, which is just another good question, but I guess that all the disks come with all the major European languages!?) :confused:

Ohhh... and I need a 2nd copy anyway for a friend of mine
as a Christmas present, so he will get the Dutch book then! :D

Last edited:
So, finally everybody seems to have found his place to pre-order the Collector's Edition! :cheers::gtpflag:

nope , i'm still looking for it in UK

it's ok for me if the Germany Amazon has ENGLISH book and stuff , not in DUTCH

nope , i'm still looking for it in UK

it's ok for me if the Germany Amazon has ENGLISH book and stuff , not in DUTCH

So either you wait a couple of days, it will sure show up in Amazon U.K. soon (as Germany also only has it since today).
Or you do like I did:
I "asked a question" on Amazon.de, why the **** the Collector's Edition is not available for pre-order on Amazon.de.
And see... the next day it was there!
Whereas I cannot imagine that humble me asking a question has triggered this!?

I asked Game, they don't know anything about it.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we haven't heard any information regarding stock for the special editions of Gran Turismo Sport. Please keep an eye on our website for when it becomes available.

Looks like they've announced them before they've actually finalised the production.

I asked Game, they don't know anything about it.

Looks like they've announced them before they've actually finalised the production.

Amateurs. It boggles the mind.

Not knowing about it is really poor!
If they plan to have it "available" on production only, then they will have to wait a while still.
Since who is talking about production?
Not a single disk is produced yet and probably will not be until end of October/beginning of November or so!

So either you wait a couple of days, it will sure show up in Amazon U.K. soon (as Germany also only has it since today).
Or you do like I did:
I "asked a question" on Amazon.de, why the **** the Collector's Edition is not available for pre-order on Amazon.de.
And see... the next day it was there!
Whereas I cannot imagine that humble me asking a question has triggered this!?

THANK YOU
so i'll wait up to August

If I were you, I would check at least once a week, because there may be a limited number of Collector's Editions and it may not be available forever.

Back