'Attesa' Motorsports facility coming to Arizona

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 49 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
This has made the local news recently and I thought I would share. I don't know if we have a "local tracks" thread or somewhere better suited, so if we do a moderator can feel free to move it. đź‘Ť Really looking forward to it and I really hope it happens!

Track news release
Local news link

Supposed to be finalized in 2016, construction starting 2017, completion 2020.

Features:
  • 2,360 acres
  • TWO 2.8 mile road courses built to International FIA & FIM certification
  • Go-karting circuit built to FIA/CIK specifications
  • Driver experience center
  • Private airport with 6,000ft runway
  • Residential, industrial, and commercial facilities
attesa.jpg

Last edited:
Well, they have the room. There is a hidden advantage here too - this is dead center in "hot weather testing" in the United States. Nissan has a test center nearby and I frequently saw VW group cars out there (even non-US models) for hot weather testing. Land is dirt cheap, and Phoenix has plenty of "upscale" facilities to attract plenty of people.

If it happens it could be huge. It is a good spot for it. I wonder if Bondurant would move there from their little raceway along I-10. Weather is fine for racing 11 months out of the year...though brutally hot in the summer months.

EDIT: OP if you're in Casa Grande...I'm sorry! :D

Nissan has a test center nearby
I know. ;)
I frequently saw VW group cars out there (even non-US models)
Seen a Scirocco a few times.
t. I wonder if Bondurant would move there from their little raceway along I-10.
That would be interesting, but not sure if it would hurt them being ~45 minutes from Phoenix.
OP if you're in Casa Grande...I'm sorry!
About? I'm down here now, November I'm out.

Ah, okay. I ended up living in Phoenix on the South end and driving - couldn't stand it (but I worked LEO stuff there).

Ah, okay. I ended up living in Phoenix on the South end and driving - couldn't stand it (but I worked LEO stuff there).
I'm doing the same starting in November but mainly because I drive to Phoenix too often for things, probably better to just be there.

I'm doing the same starting in November but mainly because I drive to Phoenix too often for things, probably better to just be there.

I had a simple apartment in Ahwatukee - the first exit off I-10 in the Phoenix area. Made for an easy 35 sprint down I-10 to CAG. It was very do-able. Much nicer place to live, and I didn't have to crap where I ate (being a LEO I don't want to see people/places I worked around on my days off).

Looks like a nice place for Nascar and Indycar drivers who live in Arizona to go play with their toys in the off-season. I doubt they ownership will have enough backing to afford the sanction fees to bring a major race series in but the place should do OK with rich gearheads.

Now that I am at home I brightened up the image a bit.

And yeah, I think the track will do well, but the retail/restaurant stuff I'm not too sure of. It really is in the middle of nowhere. But I could see where it being on the main highway to San Diego and not far from I-10 could help.

Im excited for it as well, I live in the Phoenix area so a trip down there would not be so bad once its finished. Its almost like New Jersey Motorsports Park in the sense of having multiple full circuits, but I don't think Bondurant should move down there as Wild Horse Pass is getting back to what it was in the old Firebird days and I think that because of WHPMP proximity to PHX its more suited there plus that whole area is growing especially with the planned 202 extension. Hopefully we will get the layouts soon enough.

The thing I'm interested to know is how much one of those houses would cost. That would be a winter getaway I could really get into if I had the money.

A little disappointed with the track designs, but that's to be expected from any modern circuit I suppose. I hope they manage to find an excuse to build in some elevation changes at the very least.

A little disappointed with the track designs, but that's to be expected from any modern circuit I suppose. I hope they manage to find an excuse to build in some elevation changes at the very least.
From the newest blog on their website:

And let’s not forget about the actual race track. Our 2.8-mile road course will feature numerous passing zones and elevation changes to promote a genuinely competitive show, regardless of the series, instead of follow-the-leader boredom.

http://attesa.com/2016/10/10/im-customer-never-comes-back/

Edit: And I think they may have added a second karting track. The first photo in the OP shows a small seating area near the entrance for concerts maybe? The second image posted in July just shows it as "Multi-use" and then the image I posted on the 4th shows a smaller karting facility.

Last edited:
This has made the local news recently and I thought I would share. I don't know if we have a "local tracks" thread or somewhere better suited, so if we do a moderator can feel free to move it. đź‘Ť Really looking forward to it and I really hope it happens!

Track news release
Local news link

Supposed to be finalized in 2016, construction starting 2017, completion 2020.

Features:
  • 2,360 acres
  • TWO 2.8 mile road courses built to International FIA & FIM certification
  • Go-karting circuit built to FIA/CIK specifications
  • Driver experience center
  • Private airport with 6,000ft runway
  • Residential, industrial, and commercial facilities
View attachment 556222
Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All-Terrain Motorsports Complex? Damn, Nissan is really stepping up their four-wheel-drive game. O_O

(Sorry, I'm just too much of a car guy not to make this terrible, terrible, lame-ass pun XD)

Back