Playstation 4 Compatabilty Questions

• Thread starter Old man G
  • 16 comments
South Africa
South Africa
take it easy_za
Hi All

Just a few questions

I am in the progress of purchasing a PS4 with the sole intention of sim racing games in mind......for example GTSport and Dirt Rally.

What I would like to find out before I go spending my hard earned cash is the following.

1. Does the PS4 console support the DFGT racing wheel
2 Does the PS4 console support the G27 racing wheel
3. Which wheel will be required for GT SPORT
4. Which wheel will be required for Dirt Rally.

If anybody could advise here that would be great.

Hi All

Just a few questions

I am in the progress of purchasing a PS4 with the sole intention of sim racing games in mind......for example GTSport and Dirt Rally.

What I would like to find out before I go spending my hard earned cash is the following.

1. No
2. No
3. Final list not released but more than likely the T150/300/500 and the G29 will be included.
4. https://www.dirtgame.com/about#peripherals_ps4

Hi All

Just a few questions

SONY wants you to spend money on a new wheel. The companies wanted to sell new wheels so the new console only works with the new wheels even tho the g27 still works fine and has been reviewed as about the same product as g29..... PC racing is going to be cheaper if you already have a pc and monitor. Ive gotta buy a playseat and new wheel if I want to race which is very expensive as my lower back got strained too much hunching over my g27 clamped to a table. The playseat challenge looks like a good option for those of us that need some space left over and money....

SONY wants you to spend money on a new wheel. The companies wanted to sell new wheels so the new console only works with the new wheels even tho the g27 still works fine and has been reviewed as about the same product as g29..... PC racing is going to be cheaper if you already have a pc and monitor. Ive gotta buy a playseat and new wheel if I want to race which is very expensive as my lower back got strained too much hunching over my g27 clamped to a table. The playseat challenge looks like a good option for those of us that need some space left over and money....
Thanks appreciated....another stupid question. Just bought the PS4 ....DO YOU NEED A PLAYSTATION PLUS account to play online?.....or is it much like the ps 3 connect the ADSL line sign into your PSN ACCOUNT and play online?

Thanks appreciated....another stupid question. Just bought the PS4 ....DO YOU NEED A PLAYSTATION PLUS account to play online?.....or is it much like the ps 3 connect the ADSL line sign into your PSN ACCOUNT and play online?
First you don't need CAPITAL LETTERS to accentuate the point. Use bold if possible.

Second, you need PS+ to play online with other people just like any other PS4 games. Accessing online content however (Seasonals, Online Leaderboards) isnt required.

SONY wants you to spend money on a new wheel...
Eh???!! Sony wants you to spend money on their VR system, for most I would say if they have to buy a new wheel as well that would mean they don't buy the VR, at least until later if at all.

Just bought the PS4 ....DO YOU NEED A PLAYSTATION PLUS account to play online?

Yeah, & that sucks imo. I still haven't bought one, no racing games with good online makes it noth worth it for me.

I would have thought someone would have mentioned holding out until the new PS4.5 Neo is released. To either get the new model or buy the old PS4 at a reduced price.
You need a fancy computer monitor to get the resolution I think on the new ps4?

Last edited:
VBR
Yeah, & that sucks imo. I still haven't bought one, no racing games with good online makes it noth worth it for me.
I would have thought someone would have mentioned holding out until the new PS4.5 Neo is released. To either get the new model or buy the old PS4 at a reduced price.
I think it does not yet have a release date. I dont own a ps4 and so yes, it would be nice if they dropped price on reg ps4 for me hehe. But from what I get its still 3 mo off or possibly more depending. If I remember ps3 was about $300 for a long time. They want you to buy their game with it whether it be the call of duty republican space rangers or the star wars game.:banghead::banghead:

Ps plus looks to be not bad in wallet. Games are much pricier. Buy a yearly subscription never monthly never for 3 mo. 1 yr is 50 bucks. 1 month is 10. Easy math.

PS+ is not a fixed requirement to play online on the PS4, it depends on the game. Not that I mind paying for PS+ because of the value of free games more than makes up for it but my kids have informed me that the games they play don't require PS+ to play online. I imagine GTS will require PS+ to play online especially considering it is using premium servers.

7HO
PS+ is not a fixed requirement to play online on the PS4, it depends on the game.

What games exist that don't require PS Plus for online play?

So i got a used ps4 and booted up gta V with it. Went online and was playing online for free with no plus membership. Anyways, this ps4 is messed up, it doesnt read my disc so well so its going back.

But atleast on that wiped ps4 used but reset by gamestop----online was free. Is it a returning ps3 user deal i wonder?

So i got a used ps4 and booted up gta V with it. Went online and was playing online for free with no plus membership. Anyways, this ps4 is messed up, it doesnt read my disc so well so its going back.

But atleast on that wiped ps4 used but reset by gamestop----online was free. Is it a returning ps3 user deal i wonder?
If you had a current PS Plus on the PS3 then it would carry over to the PS4 as the PS Plus membership covers Vita/PS3/PS4. If you have all three consoles then Plus is great value with free games each month for all three platforms.

Back