Best Le-Mans Car

• Thread starter John Smith
  • 76 comments
United States
United States
I've done quite a bit of research but at the end I had to create an account and ask the question myself. There are simply too many Le Mans Cars in the game for me to buy all of them: most of them cost over 1,000,000 CR and that is too much hours of grinding (painstaking, boring grinding, to be frank). I've narrowed it down to a few choices:
  • 1989 Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9- Generally positive feedback on this car, seems like a very good one judging by feedback (threads over 2-3 years ago have touched on this but I cannot find more recent ones). But at over 2,000,000 CR it is quite expensive, I can afford it but I want to make sure it is a smart purchase.
  • 2003 Bentley Speed 8- Another excellent car judging from the reviews I've read/watched. Good handling, speed, and the color/engine noise seems to be another thing good about it.
  • 2011 Audi R18- Don't know if I got the year right or if there should be the "TDI" Diesel designation for it- but this seems to be the "mainstream" Le Mans car that everyone seems to buy just because of it's status in real-life. Generally mixed reviews, some say it is good, others say it is not good.
  • Peugeot 908- Seems to be a car mentioned hear and there, but nobody really seems to have an opinion about it. I haven't really kept my eyes on this car either, so I'm debating whether it should even be on this list.
  • 2013 Deltawing- A strange car that people say is "hard to drive"? Back when I just bought the game I really wanted it, almost purely because of its strange shape and extraordinarily low engine power for the insane PP rating it has- which must be balanced out by its performance on the track (weight and handling I'd assume)
  • 1970 Toyota 7- I mean from the description and the price tag... is there anything special about it? I don't even know if this is an LMS car or not.
  • 1989 Toyota Minolta 88C-V- Another car that receives generally high praise. Cheaper than the Sauber C9 to. I just don't know what's so good about this thing though, most people just recall this car from Gran Turismo 5 (It was a prize car I believe)
As the list composed above: I do not have a fixed budget as of yet, but if it helps, I have around 4,000,000 Credits meaning I can get only Two cars from this list, and I want to make the best decision possible. I'm overall a pretty crappy driver, I'd appreciate something that's relatively easy to drive and forgives some mistakes, but at the same time, easy to reach first place in.

If you have another car that you think is better please share! I do not want suggestions to just be limited to this list.

Thank you!

I've done quite a bit of research but at the end I had to create an account and ask the question myself. There are simply too many Le Mans Cars in the game for me to buy all of them: most of them cost over 1,000,000 CR and that is too much hours of grinding (painstaking, boring grinding, to be frank). I've narrowed it down to a few choices:
  • 1989 Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9- Generally positive feedback on this car, seems like a very good one judging by feedback (threads over 2-3 years ago have touched on this but I cannot find more recent ones). But at over 2,000,000 CR it is quite expensive, I can afford it but I want to make sure it is a smart purchase.
  • 2003 Bentley Speed 8- Another excellent car judging from the reviews I've read/watched. Good handling, speed, and the color/engine noise seems to be another thing good about it.
  • 2011 Audi R18- Don't know if I got the year right or if there should be the "TDI" Diesel designation for it- but this seems to be the "mainstream" Le Mans car that everyone seems to buy just because of it's status in real-life. Generally mixed reviews, some say it is good, others say it is not good.
  • Peugeot 908- Seems to be a car mentioned hear and there, but nobody really seems to have an opinion about it. I haven't really kept my eyes on this car either, so I'm debating whether it should even be on this list.
  • 2013 Deltawing- A strange car that people say is "hard to drive"? Back when I just bought the game I really wanted it, almost purely because of its strange shape and extraordinarily low engine power for the insane PP rating it has- which must be balanced out by its performance on the track (weight and handling I'd assume)
  • 1970 Toyota 7- I mean from the description and the price tag... is there anything special about it? I don't even know if this is an LMS car or not.
  • 1989 Toyota Minolta 88C-V- Another car that receives generally high praise. Cheaper than the Sauber C9 to. I just don't know what's so good about this thing though, most people just recall this car from Gran Turismo 5 (It was a prize car I believe)
As the list composed above: I do not have a fixed budget as of yet, but if it helps, I have around 4,000,000 Credits meaning I can get only Two cars from this list, and I want to make the best decision possible. I'm overall a pretty crappy driver, I'd appreciate something that's relatively easy to drive and forgives some mistakes, but at the same time, easy to reach first place in.

If you have another car that you think is better please share! I do not want suggestions to just be limited to this list.

Thank you!
I'll put this in order of my personal preference:
  1. Audi R18: Great all rounder, not that hard to tune, worth the $2 million.
  2. Peugeot 908: Same as above, except a little cheaper.
  3. Sauber Mercedes: Is wicked fast and powerful, takes a little skill to tune.
  4. Bentley Speed 8: Is a little tougher to tune than the C9, and more unpredictable.
  5. Minolta Toyota: Probably the fastest Group C car in the game, but not necessarily my cup of tea.
  6. Deltawing: Not really that useful against faster LMPs and takes huge skill to drive fast.
  7. Toyota 7: Not real good at all against LMPs, not as tough as the Deltawing but not worth the $1.75 million. However, it can be really competitive around 600-650PP.

Thank you!

You could try the LM55 VGT as well. It only costs 1 million credits, yet is probably one of the best performing LMP's in the whole game.

I'll put this in order of my personal preference:
  1. Audi R18: Great all rounder, not that hard to tune, worth the $2 million.
  2. Peugeot 908: Same as above, except a little cheaper.
  3. Sauber Mercedes: Is wicked fast and powerful, takes a little skill to tune.
  4. Bentley Speed 8: Is a little tougher to tune than the C9, and more unpredictable.
  5. Minolta Toyota: Probably the fastest Group C car in the game, but not necessarily my cup of tea.
  6. Deltawing: Not really that useful against faster LMPs and takes huge skill to drive fast.
  7. Toyota 7: Not real good at all against LMPs, not as tough as the Deltawing but not worth the $1.75 million. However, it can be really competitive around 600-650PP.

Thank you for your quick reply!
I will think about it. R18- one of those cars where I think I need. Quite shocked that Sauber got ranked third... I mean it just received so much good reviews. I will think about it.

Always up for more suggestions!
You could try the LM55 VGT as well. It only costs 1 million credits, yet is probably one of the best performing LMP's in the whole game.

Oh... I will have to check the dealership for this one, I don't think I really saw this before.
Wait a second... it is a Vision GT car! Hm... does it go good against real LMS cars? I dunno...

When I read the opening post I thought that you didn't want any suggestions haha. Here's a few others I'd consider trying:
  1. Mazda LM55
  2. Peugeot 905
  3. Mazda 787B
  4. Nissan R92CP
  5. Toyota TS030
  6. Toyota GT-ONE TS020
  7. BMW V12 LMR
  8. Pescarolo C60 Hybride
  9. Pescarolo Judd GVS
This is just based on my opinion of good cars. The list is going to vary from person to person.

When I read the opening post I thought that you didn't want any suggestions haha. Here's a few others I'd consider trying:
  1. Mazda LM55
  2. Peugeot 905
  3. Mazda 787B
  4. Nissan R92CP
  5. Toyota TS030
  6. Toyota GT-ONE TS020
  7. BMW V12 LMR
  8. Pescarolo C60 Hybride
  9. Pescarolo Judd GVS
This is just based on my opinion of good cars. The list is going to vary from person to person.

Vision GT... wow. I only own the Mercedes VGT which I got for free- never really saw them as reliable or necessary.
I mean I kinda suck at driving, I also play FPS games as well- it's a lot different, because with weapons you can find something that's good for everyone, but with cars every single one has a distinct style- and especially since they are so expensive it's like you have to be very wise with your purchases. With 1,200 and counting cars... it's not going to be easy. I can give LM55 a try.

Total value of that list: Damn. Easily over 12,000,000.

Well, the best thing about the LM55 is that it's 4WD, so there isn't much chance of spinning out. It's probably the best LMP at putting down power when coming out of corners beside the TS030.

The only minor problem with the LM55 is that it can become rather twitchy under braking, but that can be fixed with minor tweaks.

When I first read this post, I thought you were talking historical wise,:lol: until I seen the mazda VGT, and talking about costs. I was going to say the 962c. :cheers:

I mean I would have thought that a good LMS car would clock in way over 1,000,000 credits- but I guess it makes sense. I still haven't mastered the art of tuning yet, I didn't really see the need to (I beat everything besides Super class)...

962C- Hm. I dunno. So many cars... I wish they had something like a "Try before you buy" option in the store so I wouldn't have to spend millions just to try a car...

If you've got a decent sign in bonus going, you could grind the beginner Big Willow seasonal race for an hour and buy most of them.

The Dino is probably the easiest car (plenty of tunes for it) to drive but if you're struggling for pace, the 430 Scuderia is a beautifully balanced car. A safe bit of under steer under power and slight lift off over steer for some very easy cornering. Give the AI a wide berth and you'll likely find the race the easiest you've ever entered.

Do the Seasonal events instead. Even the beginner race pays out a considerable chunk, over and over again, and it's very easy.

I get 70,200 credits for around 4 minutes- I think that is good enough. The S races are too hard without a good car, which is what this thread was for.

In my opinion. If you want reliability, buy the deltawing!. I remember one of the last christmas holliday's seasonals at death valley, and I had to reduce the pp to 600pp to enter. In that race, I completely changed my mind about the 'wing!. It was so firm to the ground, good grip, good power, but most at all, I didn't have to enter to pits in the whole race while others had to, and it was 15 laps I guess... Defintely worth the money!. Still, the pescarolos are more awesome for a good LMP battle as well :)

I get 70,200 credits for around 4 minutes- I think that is good enough. The S races are too hard without a good car, which is what this thread was for.

You can add a zero to that 70k for the Intermediate Seasonal for just about the same amount of time. Then before you realize it, you can buy every and any car you want. That was the point.

Otherwise, just get the Mazda LM55.

You can add a zero to that 70k for the Intermediate Seasonal for just about the same amount of time. Then before you realize it, you can buy every and any car you want. That was the point.

Otherwise, just get the Mazda LM55.

Uh... 700,000 credits for one 5 minute race? Are you kidding?
What race are you exactly talking about?

The credits in career mode are pathetic compared to the online races. In the time it takes to do the best paying endurance race, about 600k, you could earn 2 million+ in the seasonal's.

Is your game updated at all?

Uh... I am what you may call a special situation
My internet- is special.

Scratch that my internet is BS. My game is updated but it can't connect for longer periods of time, so yes my game is updated no I cannot do the lovely online seasonal races you guys talk about (besides I suck at driving, so they may be too hard for me xD)

Well... I guess you guys don't know the pains of grinding the "pathetic" career modes- explains why all of you have all the LMS cars while I'm stuck with the pathetic prize cars and others I bought, all for under 400,000 Credits.

Uh... I am what you may call a special situation
My internet- is special.

Scratch that my internet is BS. My game is updated but it can't connect for longer periods of time, so yes my game is updated no I cannot do the lovely online seasonal races you guys talk about (besides I suck at driving, so they may be too hard for me xD)

Well... I guess you guys don't know the pains of grinding the "pathetic" career modes- explains why all of you have all the LMS cars while I'm stuck with the pathetic prize cars and others I bought, all for under 400,000 Credits.
Well, the Red Bull challenges help. Also, try 200% online login bonus - it helps for as long as you're connected.

Also, the Toyota 7 is a Group 7 car, not a LMP.

Well, the Red Bull challenges help. Also, try 200% online login bonus - it helps for as long as you're connected.

Also, the Toyota 7 is a Group 7 car, not a LMP.

Uh... yes about the 200% login bonus... yes I have no idea what it is xD. I only use internet to update the game not actually play it.

As for Toyota 7- I was never really a car guy anyways. But okay.

Uh... yes about the 200% login bonus... yes I have no idea what it is xD. I only use internet to update the game not actually play it.

If you're signed in to PSN, every day you log on, you get a bonus up to 200%.

200% login bonus means an extra 200% on any event that you do that earns profit . Whether that is Quick Matches , Seasonals , Side Challenges , Major Events ( Red Bull , GFOS ) etc .

Starts off lower but if you you keep playing the game every day it works it's way up to 200% . You must have inte net and a PSN account to do this .

As for the thread question itself , My personal favourite is the V12 LMR - as it has always been my favourite prototype race car . If your looking for speed . The 88C-V is your best shot . It's just an all round quick car .

Last edited:
Okay, yeah I'll try to login everyday. If I login with my PSN account, get the bonus, and disconnect, will it still be there until the next day where I repeat the process?

As for V12 LMR- I never really had my eyes on it, but since it has been on people's lists for best LMS cars I guess I can give it a try after I get the Sauber, Speed 8, 905, R18... damn. So much money to grind. As for 88CV perhaps as well.

Okay.

Back