VOTE: Final! Best Looking 2000s F1 Car

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 17 comments

Which of these two Formula One cars is better looking?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
2000 Jaguar R1 vs 2009 Brawn BGP 001

The final battle from the most recent complete F1 decade.

Straight lines vs Curves
Green Cat vs Blank Canvas

But which is better looking? You decide.

2000 Jaguar R1

Engine: 3.0L Ford-Cosworth V10
Noted Drivers: Eddie Irvine, Johnny Herbert

r1-jagu-2000-launch-1.jpg

r1-jagu-irvi-barc-2000.jpg

2009 Brawn BGP 001

Engine: 2.4L Mercedes-Benz V8
Drivers: Jenson Button, Rubens Barrichello

454988.3-lg.jpg

Barrichello_2009_Spain.jpg

Will there be one for 2010 - 2016? I know it's not a decade but we've had some truly stunning cars in the past few years(let's just forget about the 2014 cars shall we?)

Add a pre world championship competition too and have 8 different cars to have a "best looking F1 car of all time" competition

The Brawn for me was THE fairy-tale car of f1 history, ever. The ever so knowledgeable motorsport press gave BrawnGP zero chance to do anything other than embarrass themselves in 2009, Yet...they dominated. That white and Hi Viz Yellow car was a dream come true. So underfunded they had to get one race deal sponsorship just to keep going from Mom and Pop companies at the local events.

The Jaguar... so much cash, so much potential so much hyperbole. Having a money grabber like Eddie Swervin' Irvine as team leader and knowing the car should have been a proper shade of dark green but they wimped out and mangled with sponsorship from people with less morals than the even those cigarette companies... filthy BANKERS. Despite all this cash, the car was underperforming. I see this car and I see failure, spelt out in stacks of wasted cash.

And... Slick tyres always beat fake grooved tyres.

Ryk
The Brawn for me was THE fairy-tale car of f1 history, ever. The ever so knowledgeable motorsport press gave BrawnGP zero chance to do anything other than embarrass themselves in 2009, Yet...they dominated. That white and Hi Viz Yellow car was a dream come true. So underfunded they had to get one race deal sponsorship just to keep going from Mom and Pop companies at the local events.

The Jaguar... so much cash, so much potential so much hyperbole. Having a numpty like Eddie Swervin' Irvine as team leader and knowing the car should have been a proper shade of dark green but they wimped out and mangled with sponsorship from people with less morals than the even those cigarette companies... filthy BANKERS. Despie all this cash the car was underperforming.

None of that really says why one is better looking than another. And for what it's worth, Jaguar's sponsors are the same as those of the Stewart team they bought out. The only new sponsors on the Jaguar R1 are DHL and Becks, aside from Jaguar itself. MCIWorldcom, HSBC, Texaco, Hewlett-Packard, Visteon and Lear were all on the 1999 Stewart SF3.

There's no doubt about what you say about which car is more successful but that was never the point of these polls. 'Best looking' has no correlation with performance or at least shouldn't, in my view. In fact, it's taken us down to the last decade poll to truly have an uncompetitive car in the mix.

It may have been cliched having a British team with BRG coloured car, but red works for Ferrari so it's fine by me. Always love he rich metallic green they went for and the white on the livery offsets it perfectly. Not to mention the realtivley uncluttered sleek shape.

Also gold wheels :drool:

In fact, it's taken us down to the last decade poll to truly have an uncompetitive car in the mix.

This annoys me. I think a lot of cars got nominated because people remember them from some 'F1 History' segment or something, whereas until I got to the more recent years I trawled through pictures of old F1 cars in case I came across something more desirable. Okay, maybe trawled is hyperbolic, but I certainly looked for form over function. I'm still annoyed that the BT55 and the 019/020 didn't make it through.

Ryk
knowing the car should have been a proper shade of dark green but they wimped out and mangled with sponsorship from people with less morals than the even those cigarette companies... filthy BANKERS
They tried BRG, but on TV it looked black. F1 cars in real life always look so much brighter than they do on TV because the cameras make the colours a little duller and wrong. Spyker in 2006/7 originally painted their car in the proper shade of Dutch Orange, but it just looked Red on TV, so they had to backtrack to the more traditional orange.
/buzzkillington

The Jag is the best looking F1 car, bar one certain backmarking car of the next decade IMO

The votes are in and it is a convincing victory for the Jaguar R1.

Thanks for voting. 👍

That is the last decade poll but there is one more thing still to be decided...

Back