What do you think the GR.2 class will stand for? POLL

What do you think the GR.2 class cars will be?

• Total voters

jubeiiiii246

(Banned)
United States
NYC
jubei257
A lot of people have been asking what cars are in the GR.2 class. We already know what is the GR.1,GR.3 and 4 but we still don't know what is in the GR.2 class. So cast your vote!

EDIT: The part were it says Super GT, only GT500 includes the GR.2 class. The Super GT300 is in the GR.3 class or should be.

Last edited:
It's pretty unlikely that PD will get licensing for F1 cars, and we don't know anything about FIA GT1's inclusion yet. I'd say Super GT because it wouldn't really be a "complete" GT without them.

But like most other questions about GT Sport, we'll have to wait and see.

It's pretty unlikely that PD will get licensing for F1 cars, and we don't know anything about FIA GT1's inclusion yet. I'd say Super GT because it wouldn't really be a "complete" GT without them.

But like most other questions about GT Sport, we'll have to wait and see.
Agreed

Do we even have any proof that Gr.2 exists or will ever exist? I mean they would have already shown them since there is about half the car list already revealed
Not really only about 1/3 off the car list have been shown. Also it wouldn't make any sense to include a GR.1 ,3 and 4 but not a 2.

Not really only about 1/3 off the car list have been shown. Also it wouldn't make any sense to include a GR.1 ,3 and 4 but not a 2.
But still you would aleast expect a few Gr.2 cars shown here and there, I seriously doubt they would wait for a last minute Gr.2 reveal or even that the group even exists, but then again you never know with PD...

This picture suggests there is no Gr.2, again it wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to add it afterwards...
i1QPCRXoi7ZZr.jpg

The way I see it GR.1 Is the Lemans style prototypes
GR.3 Is GT3 inspired racecars
GR.4 Is GT4 or something
and the N's are roadcars
If we are gonna go by this picture Super GT cars should have their own Gr.500 and Gr.300 clases

But still you would aleast expect a few Gr.2 cars shown here and there, I seriously doubt they would wait for a last minute Gr.2 reveal or even that the group even exists, but then again you never know with PD...

This picture suggests there is no Gr.2, again it wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to add it afterwards...
View attachment 578707

The way I see it GR.1 Is the Lemans style prototypes
GR.3 Is GT3 inspired racecars
GR.4 Is GT4 or something
and the N's are roadcars
If we are gonna go by this picture Super GT cars should have their own Gr.500 and Gr.300 clases
Well on the GR.4 there like GT4 or N24 cars like you said
It wouldn't make sense to have a GR.300 or Gr.500 because I've seen the GT3 FIA race against the Gt300 cars irl and there classed as the same thing:boggled:
Another note GR.3 have real FIA GT3 cars and custom made GT3 cars built up to FIA GT3 regulations.

I'd say if there is a Group 2, then the most likely candidate would be Super GT. This is what I'm hoping for, but it's still up in the air as it's uncertain what kind of influence, if any, the FIA deal might have on this. Perhaps they are holding off on promoting any Super GT inclusion due to the FIA partnership?

I'd say if there is a Group 2, then the most likely candidate would be Super GT. This is what I'm hoping for, but it's still up in the air as it's uncertain what kind of influence, if any, the FIA deal might have on this. Perhaps they are holding off on promoting any Super GT inclusion due to the FIA partnership?
Who knows I hate how PD just hides things from us.
Actually, Group 2 cars on GTS could be as well not only the super GT, also the DTM cars since both categories share too much in designing, specifications and rules :)

photo-15r8-082.jpg

article-dtm-2016-previo-temporada-hockenheim-572c67790c087.jpg

Edit: GT300 could go with Gr. 3 since they run IRL together
I can't fix it but just to let everyone know I put it in my question.

Well by searching on interwebs i got:
The Group 2 racing class referred to regulations for cars in touring car racing and rallying, as regulated by the FIA. Group 2 was replaced by Group A in 1982.
And Group A is essentially rallying/touring as well. But since most Touring Car Championships go by other regulations nowadays, Group A is mainly involved with Rallying, in particular WRC.

So taking to account the modern theme in the car choices for this game, my opinion is that Rallying would be Group 2/A, and we've seen photos of its existence.
Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_08-17-16_051.jpg

Dunno why it's not in that group pic though.. maybe they put this in last minute?

I don't reckon it'd be Group 2 either, maybe they'll keep Group A instead, or even just Rallying. We'll wait and see I s'pose..

Last edited:
The numbered grouping in GTS is fictional, they're not related to real life series. Rally cars are Gr.B which is vaguely related to the real Group B rally cars.

Ah, in that case maybe just touring cars then. Thought since they're making a game that would be based on FIA rules/regulations they'd make the groups the same as FIA's as well.

I think there has to be a Gr.2 solely for the reason that there are still ~65 cars left to reveal and unless there is a boat load of Gr.4 and Gr.N cars I don't see how there could be enough real cars to fill the groups we've already seen. There are only about 5/6 real GT3 cars they could add and a similar number of LMP1. Even if they added ten more each to Gr.1 and Gr.3 that is still another 45 cars to go somewhere. All Gr.4, Gr.N and Gr.B? I doubt it.

Last edited:
I think there has to be a Gr.2 solely for the reason that there are still ~65 cars left to reveal and unless there is a boat load of Gr.4 and Gr.N cars I don't see how there could be enough real cars to fill the groups we've already seen. There are only about 5/6 real GT3 cars they could add and a similar number of LMP1. Even if they added ten more each to Gr.1 and Gr.3 that is still another 45 cars to go somewhere. All Gr.4 and Gr.N? I doubt it.
Agreed
I think there has to be a Gr.2 solely for the reason that there are still ~65 cars left to reveal and unless there is a boat load of Gr.4 and Gr.N cars I don't see how there could be enough real cars to fill the groups we've already seen. There are only about 5/6 real GT3 cars they could add and a similar number of LMP1. Even if they added ten more each to Gr.1 and Gr.3 that is still another 45 cars to go somewhere. All Gr.4, Gr.N and Gr.B? I doubt it.
Cast you vote!:D

Last edited:
The numbered grouping in GTS is fictional, they're not related to real life series. Rally cars are Gr.B which is vaguely related to the real Group B rally cars.

I'd say its more then likely based on Group B Rally cars.

In fact. I'm thinking the grouping is loosely based on real life categories to go along with the FIA partnership.

I'd say its more then likely based on Group B Rally cars.

In fact. I'm thinking the grouping is loosely based on real life categories to go along with the FIA partnership.

I know it's loosely based on real categories, what I meant was in relation to the post suggesting Gr.2 may be the real Group 2 series that existed in the 60s. They're not that closely linked.

I'd say there's a fair chance that there's no Group 2 at all. It's not like the numbering has to make sense.

Most likely. Hell, In real life we still have GT3 and GT4 categories yet we haven't had GT2 or GT1 since 2010 so I don't think having a Group 2 would be a big deal (though I since someone's OCD is going to be slightly triggered).

I know it's loosely based on real categories, what I meant was in relation to the post suggesting Gr.2 may be the real Group 2 series that existed in the 60s. They're not that closely linked.

Ah, my mistake then.

Back