2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
I could see it happening in Newcastle down the foreshore and Hunter St, make a right turn up Watt St, left turn at Shortland Esplanade head to Nobby's Beach and back to the foreshore. Plenty of places for pitlane and grandstands. But, it won't happen.

207ECD8B-795A-4644-A143-1105C340A63B.png_zps6xflrcba.jpeg

Green rims are a winner for me. What happened to Pepsi though? Thought they were going to downsize to just one car next year, are they gone completely?

Bring on 2016. Not only for the driver swaps and new liveries, but we'll get to start hearing about what teams will do with the new rules for 2017. Things are going to get real interesting.

Thought it would be Pepsi and Supercheap. So that was a farc about bottle-o. Looks weak with the #1. The green wheels look worse. Black wheels look better. Or even white wheels(I'm waiting for HRT to do white wheels since Ryan said it was too expensive to paint over the red ones).

Can't wait to see the 17 & 12. I'll have 2 cars to switch with all next year. :)

Does anyone know, on the SuperSprint races for 2016, I know the dual races on Saturday have been combined into a single 120km race, but what's the distance of the race on Sunday? Is it the same for all Sunday SuperSprint events, or does it matter on location?

Not a fan of the new Bottle-O livery for Winterbottom. #55 suited it better. Now, what number will Waters run, as being young is a perfect fit for Pepsi's target audience, I think he'll get the sponsorship.

Not a fan of the new Bottle-O livery for Winterbottom. #55 suited it better. Now, what number will Waters run, as being young is a perfect fit for Pepsi's target audience, I think he'll get the sponsorship.
Pepsi have left all together, and I'd assume that Cam will run the 55

Pepsi have left all together, and I'd assume that Cam will run the 55
I've just read that Pepsi has left PRA all together, but they haven't said whether they've left V8SC all together. With that in mind, I wouldn't be too big of a surprise if Pepsi appears on the side of a certain Mercedes car next year...

what's the distance of the race on Sunday? Is it the same for all Sunday SuperSprint events, or does it matter on location?
Depends on location. SMP get two 250km races. Aukland & KLCity are getting 4 100km races.

Thought he was bringing ENZED.

Depends on location. SMP get two 250km races. Aukland & KLCity are getting 4 100km races.

Thought he was bringing ENZED.
Which he is. Prior to the official announcement of Winterbottom's new livery, it wasn't stated if Pepsi was still sponsoring PRA, which it isn't. But the announcement stopped short of stating if Pepsi has left V8SC which leads me to believe this;
With that in mind, I wouldn't be too big of a surprise if Pepsi appears on the side of a certain Mercedes car next year...

I've seen Betty and Will at the Test Day with some Coca-Colas. But, we do see how red white and blue look on those E63s. ;)

I wouldn't be too big of a surprise if Pepsi appears on the side of a certain Mercedes car next year...
I wonder if they won't go to Volvo. Wilson Security tend to switch teams pretty regularly, apparently based whoever they can get the best deal from. With Wall leaving Volvo, I cannot see Wilson or Payce sticking around.

They could also wind up backing an Altima or two; probably the Kellys. They're not the demographic that Pepsi are trying to target, but they work hard to make themselves out to be accessible, and Pepsi would probably offer them some stability.

I've just read that Pepsi has left PRA all together, but they haven't said whether they've left V8SC all together. With that in mind, I wouldn't be too big of a surprise if Pepsi appears on the side of a certain Mercedes car next year...

No chance. If Pepsi aren't going to sponsor the Championship winning team in one form or another, there's no way in hell that they're going to back a measly team that spends halfs time either braking down, or at the back of the field. As much as I want to go for the Mercs, Erebus have no chance until they move Makes.
I wonder if they won't go to Volvo. Wilson Security tend to switch teams pretty regularly, apparently based whoever they can get the best deal from. With Wall leaving Volvo, I cannot see Wilson or Payce sticking around.

They could also wind up backing an Altima or two; probably the Kellys. They're not the demographic that Pepsi are trying to target, but they work hard to make themselves out to be accessible, and Pepsi would probably offer them some stability.

Wilson Security will be there next year, and I think Payce will too. While the Nissans are on the up, ts the same as I said before, if Pepsi won't sponsor the championship winning team, they're not going to sponsor a team that is still mid pack most of the time. Pepsi just must not see the worth in sponsorship in the V8Supercars.

No chance. If Pepsi aren't going to sponsor the Championship winning team in one form or another, there's no way in hell that they're going to back a measly team that spends halfs time either braking down, or at the back of the field. As much as I want to go for the Mercs, Erebus have no chance until they move Makes.

Wilson Security will be there next year, and I think Payce will too. While the Nissans are on the up, ts the same as I said before, if Pepsi won't sponsor the championship winning team, they're not going to sponsor a team that is still mid pack most of the time. Pepsi just must not see the worth in sponsorship in the V8Supercars.
What's to say that because pra won the championship they are wanting more money which Pepsi aren't willing to hand over?

Its all marketing money, they want the greatest exposure for the right money,

Remember, Murphy was with Kelly Racing running at the back with Pepsi. They got exposure with Frosty, plus the maiden PRA Chip. Pepsi(if they stay in the sport) could join the #12 as Fabian is popular. The legendary #17 keeps the Penske liveries as usual.

Other than that, HRT have "stolen" SPTOOLS from SBR/Erebus. Maybe Coutney gets it(most likely not. I can't see Walkinshaw giving up the lion/driver logo. it's all ifs ands buts).

Maybe Coutney gets it(most likely not. I can't see Walkinshaw giving up the lion/driver logo. it's all ifs ands buts).
Yeah no. Pepsi won't sponsor HRT as Monster Energy already sponsors them. That wouldn't be in Pepsi's best interests.

The ME/RB thing happened with Whincup. Pepsi is bigger than Monster. I don't see that happening with HRT but, it could.

Sydney 500 to possibly be ditched for a street circuit on the central coast? I'm cool with a race up that way, considering half my family lives up in Newcastle, but the proposed location would be a bit awkward for a circuit if my memory of the area is correct.
I could see it happening in Newcastle down the foreshore and Hunter St, make a right turn up Watt St, left turn at Shortland Esplanade head to Nobby's Beach and back to the foreshore. Plenty of places for pitlane and grandstands. But, it won't happen.
What the should do is something like Gnoo Blas, or the old Charade circuit - go south or west of Newcastle and find some back roads. Not major roads, just the two-lane roads that the locals use to get from Point A to Point B. Rebuild them to be wider, of course, but stick grandstands on the intersections. What could be more awesome than watching the V8s blast out of the forest into a mini-stadium?

Back