2017 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,611 comments
United States
United States
LMP2 looks strong for 2016 in the WEC and ELMS so Nissan can still claim glory and rule the world of Twitter.

European Le Mans Series, 10-15 cars

DC Racing: Ligier JSP2
Dragonspeed: Oreca 05 Nissan
Eurasia Racing: Oreca 05 Nissan
Greaves Motorsport: Ligier JS P2 Nissan
IDEC Sport: Ligier JS P2 Nissan
Jota Sport: Gibson 015S Nissan
Murphy Prototypes: Oreca 03R Nissan (but other chassis possible)
Pegasus Racing: (Morgan or Ligier)
So24!: Ligier JS P2 Nissan
Tech 1 (Panis/ Barthez): Ligier JS P2 Nissan
Thiriet by TDS Racing: Oreca 05 Nissan

Still to declare

Algarve Pro Racing: Ligier JS P2 Nissan
Ibanez Racing: Oreca 03R Nissan x 2
Krohn Racing: Ligier JS P2 Judd

FIA World Endurance Championship, c.10 entrants

AF Racing: BR01 Nissan
AF Racing: BR01 Nissan
Greaves Motorsport: Gibson 015S Nissan
Jota Sport with Arden: Oreca 05 Nissan
KCMG: Oreca 05 Nissan
Morand Engineering: Morgan/ Ligier
Signatech Alpine: Oreca 05 Nissan
Strakka Racing: Gibson 015S Nissan
Tequila Patron ESM: Ligier JS P2 Nissan
Tequila Patron ESM: Ligier JS P2 Nissan

Believed to be set to announce WEC programme

Manor Motorsport: TBA

Possible part season

Project Brabham: TBA

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/12/27/whats-new-in-2016-part-two-lmp2-and-dp.html

Dragonspeed revealed their livery for 2016.

ds1.jpg

They should put up a better effort than the other U.S. team in the ELMS.:lol:

Hmmm, 2 drivers per car is an interesting tactic. How would they do the stints? Triple Triple? Double, Double, Single, Single? Double, Triple, Single? Single, Triple, Double?

Will they have to take on a third driver for Le Mans, I wonder? I think I remember reading that nowadays no driver can do more than 12 hours in the race.

Hmmm, 2 drivers per car is an interesting tactic. How would they do the stints? Triple Triple? Double, Double, Single, Single? Double, Triple, Single? Single, Triple, Double?
Sometimes the WEC guys use just 2 drivers i believe.

I think 3 drivers is a requirement for Le Mans bar force majeure, and even then neither driver can do more than 14 hours.

Sebastian Buemi and Anthony Davidson won there world championship as a pair and races most of the races as a 2 driver squad.

2 per car for GTE-Pro was the norm in the WEC 6hr rounds and single or double stints were based on tire changes and the weather (heat).

Bourdais has a contract with KVSH Racing in IndyCar in 2016, but he might be able to get away with it. If I remember correctly, Detroit clashes with the Test Day, but the only clash with the 24H is in F1.

Bourdais has a contract with KVSH Racing in IndyCar in 2016, but he might be able to get away with it. If I remember correctly, Detroit clashes with the Test Day, but the only clash with the 24H is in F1.
you cant race at LM though if you dont do the test day.

I wonder how many Freedoms per Mile the Dragonspeed car can do.

As for the Nissan debacle...They definitely bit off more than they can chew, and with the regulations set to change soon I think they probably did themselves a favor by calling it quits. It is an embarrassment for sure, but with Nissan still seeing success elsewhere in GT3 and in LMP2 as a supplier they'll get over it.

Say what you want about the LMP1 program, at least they had the balls to attempt it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back