I'm. getting really worried that there will not be an option

• Thread starter pablo 66
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I really worried that there will not be an option to keep the old control setup bcos having to use r2 l2 is bad enough but if you can't use the D pad to.steer that is a massive deal breaker for alot of people! you just can't get a small after touch with r3 l3 I'd have to use the toggles for steering which is bollocks you just get that sensitive touch without the Dpad

Dual Shock 4 had the analog face buttons stripped from the controller, so you're probably screwed even if you do have the option to map them to it.

Sometimes you just have to accept change and adapt. I honestly can't fathom driving these days with a D pad and face buttons. An analogue stick is far more precise than a D pad and similarly the triggers have more travel than a button, giving you more precise inputs. They are far more like a pedal movement than a flat button.

Just keep using them, I'm sure you'll soon adapt and get used to it.

Sometimes you just have to accept change and adapt. I honestly can't fathom driving these days with a D pad and face buttons. An analogue stick is far more precise than a D pad and similarly the triggers have more travel than a button, giving you more precise inputs. They are far more like a pedal movement than a flat button.

Just keep using them, I'm sure you'll soon adapt and get used to it.

This is true.

R2/L2 for throttle/brake and analog stick to steer is an inherently better way to play a game like this once you get used to it.

Give it some practice and it shouldn't take too long. You'll wonder what you ever thinking stubbornly sticking with the old way.

I could never use D-pad for long driving stints, it hurts thumb after a while. However, for menu navigation D-pad is still the best, so I hope it won't be excluded, nonetheless.

Removing the analog 256 degrees of sensitivity from the Dual Shock's buttons for the PS4 just seems like a money making exercise. It's not a step in the right direction imo.

If we used a PS3 Dual Shock controller via Cronusmax, or similar, would the PS4 or any games on it support the analog buttons?

Hmmm...

Back