Formula E -Season 16-17Open Wheel 

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 177 comments
Surfer's Paradise please
I don't see it happening. It's got the V8 race, but since the FIA doesn't want Formula E running alongside events that use combustion engines, that means any Formula E race will be competing with the V8 race. And it will clash with preparations for the Commonwealth Games (not that anyone will notice), and it's the tackiest place in Australia.

I think the most likely candidates are Sydney, Perth or Adelaide. Sydney would love a race because they're losing ground to Melbourne; Melbourne styles itself as the sporting capital of Australia. Sydney has been trying to secure as many high-profile events as possible, but constantly lose out to Melbourne. Perth, I think, regrets letting go of the World Rally Championship, but the accessibility of Formula E would give them lots of exposure. As for Adelaide, they're fighting with Melbourne to be the Hipster Capital of Australia (quite possibly the only two cities in the world to be fighting for the title, rather than against it), so electric car racing fits the image they want.

I don't see it happening. It's got the V8 race, but since the FIA doesn't want Formula E running alongside events that use combustion engines, that means any Formula E race will be competing with the V8 race. And it will clash with preparations for the Commonwealth Games (not that anyone will notice), and it's the tackiest place in Australia.

I think the most likely candidates are Sydney, Perth or Adelaide. Sydney would love a race because they're losing ground to Melbourne; Melbourne styles itself as the sporting capital of Australia. Sydney has been trying to secure as many high-profile events as possible, but constantly lose out to Melbourne. Perth, I think, regrets letting go of the World Rally Championship, but the accessibility of Formula E would give them lots of exposure. As for Adelaide, they're fighting with Melbourne to be the Hipster Capital of Australia (quite possibly the only two cities in the world to be fighting for the title, rather than against it), so electric car racing fits the image they want.
The Long Beach event goes along with Indycar. The Monaco event goes with the F1. They could do it just fine at Surfers

The monaco e-prix alternates with the Historic F1 event, and they take place a week before the F1 race. Formula E takes up a significant amount of time for the day it runs with all of the sessions occurring on that same day.

Apparently this is the new front end design that will be used next season. Looks much better, I think.

CnkArh6WcAEkC7o.jpg

I like the front but they need to add something more to the rear, it seems uneven now.

Funnily enough, I've thought the opposite about the season 1/2 designs - they had too little bodywork at the front relative to the bulky rear end. I also wasn't keen on the slightly clumsy-looking front wheel guards, and the new look seems to have addressed that, too.

When you actually look at it, it is only a subtle tweak. However it makes it look so much better for having those ugly front wing "blocks" actually sweep away towards the nose. I agree that the rear blocks now need looking at though, possibly go along the Indycar route of having them blend into the rear wing?

LotusF1-0071.jpg

It's probably a response to the Berlin race where they all came loose and the drivers were getting Black and orange flags, which ruined Sam Bird's title push. Something big and heavy like that held on at the bottom was always going to be flimsy, and at least it's being shrunk and moved held in two places.

Engel?

He achieved nothing in DTM, and he achieved nothing in V8 Supercars. Why does anyone think that he will achieve anything in Formula E?

Is anyone else looking at Senna? I don't think he did a terrible job last season. I don't the Mahindra car was all too great either.

As for Jag, Tinknell and Evans would be an epic lineup. If they can build a good car, those guys could be championship contenders.

Never heard of him, but I hope Tinknell can take the second seat then.

Has anyone seen them at Donnington for testing yet?
Adam Carroll is known as the fastest driver never to make F1 (not sure if that's the right description but yeah). He did really, really well in GP2 considering how bad is car was.

Adam Carroll is known as the fastest driver never to make F1 (not sure if that's the right description but yeah). He did really, really well in GP2 considering how bad is car was.
Damn! sounds good! Motorsports.com seems to reckon Ant Davidson will take the second seat. That'll be a pretty capable team if I do say so myself.

Damn! sounds good! Motorsports.com seems to reckon Ant Davidson will take the second seat. That'll be a pretty capable team if I do say so myself.
If I was Jaguar FE CEO then I would definitely take those two. Plenty of experience across different platforms of Motorsport and most importantly, pretty damn good behind the wheel!

Back