Do you still have respect for Kazunori Yamauchi? (poll)

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 248 comments

Do you have any respect for Kazunori Yamauchi?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 164 76.3%
  • No I don't.

Votes: 51 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
bloodykills750
Despite the development issues of Gran Turismo, do you have any respect for Kazunori Yamauchi? BTW sorry if I mess this up. This is the 1st time I've made a poll on this site.

Last edited:
Despite the development issues of Gran Turismo, do you still have respect for Kazunori Yamauchi? BTW sorry if I mess this up. This is the 1st I've made a poll on this site.

Your poll question assumes that one had respect for Kazunori, at this point, already. From reading forum comments it's my impression that many people here haven't had respect for him for a long, long time.

Your poll question assumes that one had respect for Kazunori, at this point, already. From reading forum comments it's my impression that many people here haven't had respect for him for a long, long time.
Well I just fixed the title now.

Who doesn't respect him? He's responsible for one of the most successful gaming series that has put out some best sellers on the PS1 and PS2 platforms.
Yes but what has he done recently? I notice you didn't mention PS3 for example - GT4 is a long time ago now.

I am reminded of my 3 year old when he doesn't get to watch TV or have candy. "I don't like you anymoooore."

"Where is my gaaaaame? Why isn't it goooood enooooooough?"
Like and respect are two different things.

Is consistently lying or otherwise misleading your costumers not a morally dubious act?
Thats bad business practices.

Disrespect means that you put down the view of said man, but you still care regardless, typically reserved for people who got connection to said person. You, I, and all here arent exactly have any connection with Kaz himself. So the worst outcome would be complete apathy, especially with the continuous of this crap for years.

Like myself. Only 2 GTS post this month and will be the last.

So people are legitimately losing their respect for a game developer they've never met in person all because a few video games they bought weren't exactly what they wanted????
Looks like it. If someone can earn your respect by producing a good product in a timely fashion, can they not also lose your respect for not being able to do so, in one's own opinion of course?

Looks like it. If someone can earn your respect by producing a good product in a timely fashion, can they not also lose your respect for not being able to do so, in one's own opinion of course?
So, do you respect him?

So people are legitimately losing their respect for a game developer they've never met in person all because a few video games they bought weren't exactly what they wanted????

Strictly speaking, not meeting someone in person shouldn't be a qualifier here. If you can respect someone that you've never met — which is the implication — then by that same token, you can also lose respect for them.

I have met the man, which may be why it's so easy for me to respect what he's done. Yeah, GT6 was a big disappointment for me (GT5, less so), but that doesn't change the past. I also have him — well, GT in general — to thank for shaping a lot of what I do today.

What an odd, odd thread.

I mean... His ideas are being held back by the limitations of consoles so.... It would be great if he ditched Sony and started developing for PC. I don't understand how it's 2016 and a "Next gen" console can't even run 1080p 60fps without screen tearing or overheating issues.

Sure, I used to respect the guy back when he made great games like GT4. After GT5/6 however, not so much. I also don't believe a single word that comes out that man's mouth either. Nuff said.

Now my respect goes to developers who don't pretend their fanbase doesn't exist, or at least leave them in the dark for months.

Edit: Just to add, I do respect Kaz for getting me to love cars today. :)

Last edited:
Back