• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments

MustangRyan

GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup
Premium
United States
North Carolina
Droptop2001gt
My favorite driver, Kenseth, got eliminated last week. His race last week at Phoenix went a lot like first race of 2016, the Daytona 500. Everything was looking good for him until the final lap, when it went all to hell in a hurry. I'm afraid Kenseth only has a few more real chances to compete for a second championship.

So, let's talk about 2017.

I'm most excited to see Clint Bowyer escape from racing purgatory and join SHR. I'm excited to see SHR move from Chevy to Ford. Unfortunately, this gives Ford five of the most disliked drivers in the field (Kes, Logano, Harvick, Kurt Busch, & Danica).

My favorite driver, Kenseth, got eliminated last week. His race last week at Phoenix went a lot like first race of 2016, the Daytona 500. Everything was looking good for him until the final lap, when it went all to hell in a hurry. I'm afraid Kenseth only has a few more real chances to compete for a second championship.

So, let's talk about 2017.

I'm most excited to see Clint Bowyer escape from racing purgatory and join SHR. I'm excited to see SHR move from Chevy to Ford. Unfortunately, this gives Ford five of the most disliked drivers in the field (Kes, Logano, Harvick, Kurt Busch, & Danica).

I don't know about that, he doesn't anywhere near the amount of hate the other four do. If anything, he gets more cheers.

With Jahgee off-site, you probably weren't getting sniped this time.

I think 2017 could be the year JGR was hoping for this year, all four cars in the final 4 at Homestead. This'll be year 3 of the #19 team as it stands, Kyle and the #18 are strong, and if the #20 can shake their end-of-race gremlins, he could be the favorite. The weakest link in JGR itself I see is the #11 with Denny, a combo of driver, team, and equipment faults.

Close behind would be Furniture Row. Truex should be as good as this year, but the new 77 and Erik Jones are gonna be the wild card. Could be great, could be mediocre, no one knows.

Hendrick is next with Johnson and the 48 leading as of now, Chase and the 24 next in line, then a trying to return Jr. and Kasey Kahne. The 24 SHOULD break through, but the 88 and 5 are almost unknowns in this.

After that, all bets are off. Penske will be trying to get SHR up to speed on Ford bits, all while keeping the 21 up and possibly dragging Roush with them. RCR and Ganassi can be so polarizing any of them could be contenders, or they could all end up as cabbies before the end of the year. Petty? I'm not even gonna feign it.

Then there's the thorns in the eye, Front Row, BK, and now Leavine. I'd bet one of the three gets a win and really makes a mess of the Chase system.

Okay, I'm ready to move on after the last race in 2016 just backfired.

I'm about ready to burn my Kyle Busch shirts. Every time...EVERY TIME I wear them, the finishes haven't gone my way...

Not gonna lie, I kinda had a thread saved before I found out Jahgee was banned :lol:

This is why I have given up almost all my "fandom". It's nothing but unndeeded heartache and despair. I've been much happier since.
That's my year. Panthers go 15-1 last season, but get killed in the Super Bowl earlier this year. This season, they keep finding new ways to lose.

Last week was a double kick to the face, with the Panthers giving up a 17-0 lead at home, losing 20-17, despite not allowing Kansas City's offense to score a touchdown. Then, Kenseth looks poised to cruise to victory, with a berth in the title race hanging in the balance. The 95 cuts a tire with 1.5 laps remaining, brings out a caution, and all hell breaks loose on the restart. Kenseth went from race winner to eliminated because the 95 cut a tire twenty seconds too early.

That's two straight years of playoff elimination for the 20 while leading a race in the final laps. My wife has asked several times why I continue to watch sports.

I guess that's one nice thing about being a Minnesota sports fan, I've been disappointed so many times over the years it really doesn't have much of an effect on me anymore. :lol:

My predictions for 2017:

I watch the first few races until the rest of the racing world starts their seasons and don't tune in again until they turn right.

I guess that's one nice thing about being a Minnesota sports fan, I've been disappointed so many times over the years it really doesn't have much of an effect on me anymore. :lol:

As a Lions fan, I feel your pain. :lol:

As a Lions fan, I feel your pain. :lol:

At least the Pistons and Red Wings have won championships this lifetime. The Twins have one but I was 2 at the time and I'm not really into basketball so the Lynx winning doesn't mean much to me.

2016 has been a good year in the sports world, JJ wins a record tying #7 and the Cubs finally win the WS again.

Looking forward to see what Erik Jones can do in the 77. SHR to Ford. For Tony Stewart to be the Chevy leg humper he always has been, that's a weird thing for me to wrap my head around. I think Ford has something big planned. Good for Bowyer. Fresh start for him. But honestly I think SHR's good days are over.

That's my year. Panthers go 15-1 last season, but get killed in the Super Bowl earlier this year. This season, they keep finding new ways to lose.

Last week was a double kick to the face, with the Panthers giving up a 17-0 lead at home, losing 20-17, despite not allowing Kansas City's offense to score a touchdown. Then, Kenseth looks poised to cruise to victory, with a berth in the title race hanging in the balance. The 95 cuts a tire with 1.5 laps remaining, brings out a caution, and all hell breaks loose on the restart. Kenseth went from race winner to eliminated because the 95 cut a tire twenty seconds too early.

That's two straight years of playoff elimination for the 20 while leading a race in the final laps. My wife has asked several times why I continue to watch sports.
Yeah. Yeah, I know. I've been asked that about sports and video games. I gave up the sports side, games are harder to give up.
I rooted for the Packer's since '97, but after suffering through my dad's "Watch Party" (read: reason for everyone except me to get 🤬-faced and be massive jack-asses) I decided I'd had enough with it. Next in line was the Mavs...That didn't last too long as they choked year after year, usually to the hapless Kings. Then the Rangers, and that went horribly. In the time I rooted for them, they lost every game I attended. Racing-wise it went Bobby Labonte & Dodge to Kasey Kahne & Dodge to just Dodge, then with it just being the Penske guys I finally said 🤬 it.

It sucks.

My predictions for 2017:

I watch the first few races until the rest of the racing world starts their seasons and don't tune in again until they turn right.

This is the plan I stuck with all year and I enjoyed it. It might change if NASCAR goes ahead and impliments the "Caution-Clock" in all three divisions next year like a couple of websites I frequent have rumoured...

Well, could be worse. I'm also a Panthers fan and an Edwards fan. Hopes and dreams destroyed just like Edwards' car and no prior title to fall back on.

The 2017 TV schedule:

Cup Series:
*Many races have later starting times this year, there are now only two 1PM EST starts. The Daytona 500 now starts at 2 EST.*

*Races at Indianapolis, Bristol (summer), and Talladega (fall) will move from NBCSN to NBC while the races at Darlington, Charlotte (fall), and Kansas (fall) will move from NBC to NBCSN. Watkins Glen will return to NBCSN after being on USA in 2016.*

February 18: Unlimited/Shootout (Daytona)
logo-fox-footer.png

February 23: Duels (Daytona)
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

February 26: Daytona 500 (Daytona)
logo-fox-footer.png

March 5: Atlanta
logo-fox-footer.png

March 12: Las Vegas
logo-fox-footer.png

March 19: Phoenix
logo-fox-footer.png

March 26: Auto Club Speedway
logo-fox-footer.png

April 2: Martinsville
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

April 9: Texas
logo-fox-footer.png

April 23: Bristol
logo-fox-footer.png

April 30: Richmond
logo-fox-footer.png

May 7: Talladega
logo-fox-footer.png

May 13: Kansas
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

May 19: Showdown (Charlotte)
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

May 20: All-Star Race (Charlotte)
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

May 28: CocaCola 600 (Charlotte)
logo-fox-footer.png

June 4: Dover
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 11: Pocono
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 18: Michigan
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 25: Sonoma
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

July 1: Daytona
NBC-Sports-logo.png

July 8: Kentucky
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

July 16: New Hampshire
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

July 23: Indianapolis
NBC-Sports-logo.png

July 30: Pocono
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

August 6: Watkins Glen
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

August 13: Michigan
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

August 19: Bristol
NBC-Sports-logo.png

September 3: Darlington
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

September 9: Richmond
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

September 17: Chicagoland
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

September 24: New Hampshire
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

October 1: Dover
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

October 7: Charlotte
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

October 15: Talladega
NBC-Sports-logo.png

October 22: Kansas
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

October 29: Martinsville
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

November 5: Texas
NBC-Sports-logo.png

November 12: Phoenix
NBC-Sports-logo.png

November 19: Homestead
NBC-Sports-logo.png

Xfinity Series:

*The 4 races on NBC will be Iowa, Road America, Kansas, and Phoenix. The races at Darlington, Chicagoland, and Texas will move to NBCSN.*

February 25: Daytona
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

March 4: Atlanta
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

March 11: Las Vegas
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

March 18: Phoenix
logo-fox-footer.png

March 25: Auto Club
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

April 8: Texas
logo-fox-footer.png

April 22: Bristol
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

April 29: Richmond
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

May 6: Talladega
logo-fox-footer.png

May 27: Charlotte
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 3: Dover
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 10: Pocono
logo-fox-footer.png

June 17: Michigan
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 24: Iowa
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 30: Daytona
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

July 7: Kentucky
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

July 15: New Hampshire
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

July 22: Indianapolis
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

July 29: Iowa
NBC-Sports-logo.png

August 5: Watkins Glen
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

August 12: Mid-Ohio
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

August 18: Bristol
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

August 27: Road America
NBC-Sports-logo.png

September 2: Darlington
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

September 8: Richmond
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

September 16: Chicagoland
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

September 23: Kentucky
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

September 30: Dover
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

October 6: Charlotte
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

October 21: Kansas
NBC-Sports-logo.png

November 4: Texas
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

November 11: Phoenix
NBC-Sports-logo.png

November 18: Homestead
tc2aOFYa_normal.jpg

Truck Series:

February 24: Daytona
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

March 4: Atlanta
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

April 1: Martinsville
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

May 12: Kansas
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

May 19: Charlotte
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 2: Dover
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 9: Texas
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 17: Gateway
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

June 23: Iowa
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

July 6: Kentucky
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

July 19: Eldora
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

July 29: Pocono
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

August 12: Michigan
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

August 16: Bristol
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

September 3: Canadian Tire
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

September 15: Chicagoland
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

September 23: New Hampshire
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

September 30: Las Vegas
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

October 14: Talladega
logo-fox-footer.png

October 28: Martinsville
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

November 3: Texas
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

November 10: Phoenix
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

November 17: Homestead
GRftjRV6_normal.jpg

Alright, after that heartbreaking lost. I'm ready to move on.

To quote Carl "We'll be on fire next year". I really hope this is true. Plus, I have to wait another year to see Carl on twitter.

That was...fast...?

Would you say it was...freaky fast? :P

Looking forward to see what Erik Jones can do in the 77. SHR to Ford. For Tony Stewart to be the Chevy leg humper he always has been, that's a weird thing for me to wrap my head around. I think Ford has something big planned. Good for Bowyer. Fresh start for him. But honestly I think SHR's good days are over.

I think Erik Jones proved in 2015 that he can handle a Cup car (that and if I'm not mistaken, he's tested in one as well) so he already has some idea of what to do and will now have a fast team (that more or less will now be JGR II after the speed they've shown).

As for Stewart, well he's not driving so he doesn't have to worry too much about violating his GM loyalty. The team itself has also proven at times to be actually better then Hendrick in Chevy equipment so I wouldn't be too surprised if when they got to a competitive point, they are at times as good as Penske. Either way, I see another forgettable year for Roush and even if Buescher gets in 16 (which I feel is a forgone conclusion at this point), its not gonna be any better as they stay stuck at the back.

Which team wins a Cup race first next season: RCR, Roush, Petty, or Front Row?

It's got to be RCR, with Dillon or Newman, right?

I think I would bet on Blaney and the Wood Brothers first over all of those teams.

Which team wins a Cup race first next season: RCR, Roush, Petty, or Front Row?

It's got to be RCR, with Dillon or Newman, right?

I think I would bet on Blaney and the Wood Brothers first over all of those teams.
Of those 4? I want to say Front Row as a joke but they're all jokes. Newman has a little left, give him a really good car he could do it, Menard likes to "LOL, HAI" every once in a while, especially at Dega and Daytona. Austin...well, there was a white-and-black car that stuck it's nose in the title contender's race at Homestead. He's done it a few times, he just needs to figure out how to not 🤬 it up at the end, which lets be honest is why he, and Chase Elliott by shenanigans, were out of the chase.

In short, Don't Bet!

Latest Posts

Back