• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 71 comments
Australia
Australia
toyota_yaris_main_.jpg

toyota_yaris_large.jpg

Toyota-Yaris_08.jpg

Yaris-ii.jpg

http://www.motoring.com.au/geneva-motor-show-toyota-reveals-yaris-hot-hatch-105445/

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/225C2CD1FFB3B241CA2580A700043FCA

Really excited for the upcoming Yaris TS/Sport/whatever.

210hp in such a teeny tiny car is exactly what Toyota has been missing for so long, let's hope it'll be the little pocket rocket it looks to be.

That wriggly gate shifter seems to follow the same pattern as the previous gen Vitz CVT in Japan, you never know.

I'd expect the MultiDrive transmission to stay, there's a decent market for them. But I agree, it's horrible, but actually not as horrible as the CVT in the Hybrid.

Euro-spec Yaris Revealed in trendy Bi-Tone trim level.
toyota-yaris-bitone-1-final-rgb.jpg

toyota-yaris-bitone-4-final-rgb.jpg

Also has a slightly different interior compared to the JDM-spec Vitz.
toyota-yaris-bitone-interieur-5-final-rgb.jpg

I must say I really like how the 3rd Gen Yaris has evolved from being one of the most basic B-segment cars around into a rather stylish supermini. It's more powerful too, thanks to a new 110hp naturally-aspirated 1.5L four cylinder engine replacing the old 1.33L unit.

The Bi-Tonal version of the current model in burgundy red looks really smart on the road.

Toyota just confirmed the Yaris Sport (called the Yaris GRMN) to have a 1.8l - 4cyl. engine with a supercharger and 210hp
With the potential of having AWD, that little thing should be one hell of a sleeper.

I was expecting a toned-down version of the turbocharged 1.6L used in the rally car. Still, thumbs up to Toyota for providing the only supercharged hot hatch in its class.

They included footage of the controversial ST205, that's... interesting. :P

Anyway while this thread is lurking around the top, here are some interior images of Gazoo's road-going Yaris, featuring aluminium pedals, bucket seats and a GT86-like steering wheel.

toyota-yaris-grmn.jpg

toyota-yaris-grmn.jpg

toyota-yaris-grmn.jpg

toyota-yaris-grmn.jpg

toyota-yaris-grmn.jpg

toyota-yaris-grmn.jpg

Sadly, it won't have AWD, but FWD with a Torson LSD. Should be decent enough, should certainly keep the price down a little. But it probably still be a little too expensive compared to the competition.

I'd say paying a premium is fair enough. There are no Type-R Jazz/Fit and no Mazda 2 MPS.

But there are a Polo GTI, Fiesta ST, Clio RS, Corsa OPC and Mini Cooper S. Competition is plenty, and it needs to be somewhat competitive in terms of pricing, especially compared to the Clio, Fiesta and Corsa.

Sadly, it won't have AWD, but FWD with a Torson LSD. Should be decent enough, should certainly keep the price down a little. But it probably still be a little too expensive compared to the competition.

At these power levels, AWD is not really a benefit.

But it would've set it apart from it's competition.

In my opinion, it would make it heavier, more complicated, more expensive, more prone to driveline component wear/failure, worse handling, and slower. It also needlessly increase fuel consumption. That would certainly set it apart, but not in a good way...

Its really amazing how comprehensively maligned front wheel drive has become in the last 15 years.

If that price point is right and production numbers kept low, these things will sell out. If it was a 5-door, Australia would lap these up.

Didn't see this coming - There is now a GR-Sport variant of the Yaris (Hybrid). No performance improvements, but it comes with red highlights and black wheels because... Racecar.
toyota_yaris_grs002_v3.jpg

toyota_yaris_grs003_v2.jpg

toyota_yaris_grs016.jpg

Back