GT6 Online Hacking in Quick Match

• Thread starter nesa
  • 30 comments
Australia
Australia
Is this even possible? As I've seen quite a few strange occurences going on lately with cars that flicker like holograms and seem to do unrealistic times.

Which event? I spent some time at Chamonix last night, and the opponents were doing that. There doesn't seem to be a severe collision penalty and another car can drive through you and it will flicker ( ghosting ) while it passes. As far as unrealistic times, there is a SRF cheat that can be enabled.

Which event? I spent some time at Chamonix last night, and the opponents were doing that. There doesn't seem to be a severe collision penalty and another car can drive through you and it will flicker ( ghosting ) while it passes. As far as unrealistic times, there is a SRF cheat that can be enabled.

Sports car battle at Fuji F Track.

I was in front of him at one time, mid way through a long straight, slammed on my brakes and no collision... he just went right through me...

How do I enable the SRF option? Is that available under driving options?

Last edited:
The SRF bug (a cheat if you enable the bug intentionally...) is the reason for the lap times being so low and it's likely connection problems with seeing cars flickering. It could be you, the car that's flickering or something else in the chain being the culprit as the game uses a P2P network. More often than not, the person with the issue usually gets disconnected so stick around to see if it stabilizes.

This is the the thread describing the SRF bug but please don't add to the problem by deliberately enabling it for yourself.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/activating-srf-in-some-quick-matches.346327/

The SRF bug (a cheat if you enable the bug intentionally...) is the reason for the lap times being so low and it's likely connection problems with seeing cars flickering. It could be you, the car that's flickering or something else in the chain being the culprit as the game uses a P2P network. More often than not, the person with the issue usually gets disconnected so stick around to see if it stabilizes.

This is the the thread describing the SRF bug but please don't add to the problem by deliberately enabling it for yourself.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/activating-srf-in-some-quick-matches.346327/

I surely hope they get this fixed soon or at least in the next sequel. I'm assuming others (like myself) have spent countless hours doing lap after lap, review after review, wondering what they have been doing wrong... only to not know that a bug exists giving an advantage to some users.

Last edited:
If you take the clean racing line against someone who is not, occasionally you ghost through them. Like a reward for better driving.

SRF is for slow losers. Don't do it.

Something weird about these new QM's. There's an expiry date on 3 of them. For the rally and 700pp, it's 31/12/17 and the GT500 race ends on the 19th. Sounds kinda long...

Speaking of Bathurst, I've spent the last 3 hours in there. No idea what they've done but either the track feels very slippy or they've messed with the tunes of the cars. Plenty of BOO! moments mid corner. I think the slippy track caught a lot of people by surprise though as I was finishing around 10 seconds ahead.

6.08.9 and a 2.00.8 in the Weider. The Motul felt just as tail happy but it's probably the quicker car with all that torque.

The last batch had experation dates also. Also the the last day of the year.

Bathurst is definately slippery feeling. Could be a track temperature thing, but I can't recall what it is.

God, I miss Willow Springs after a day trying these QMs. Indy is just a nightmare with bad driving, not-giving-a-damn idiots everywhere. Bathurst has a better range of drivers, but the carnage over the top of the mountain is tough to navigate if you are not in the top 2 places on lap one. Still, if you survive the early ram penalties of turn 1 and 2, you can get some clean laps in. Maybe this track with slower cars would be a better fit for the QM...but I'll take it as it is as the other options are not worth the aggravation.

The last batch had experation dates also. Also the the last day of the year.

Never saw them before. I figured in that time though, I'll finally be able to work out The Dipper...

Bathurst is definately slippery feeling. Could be a track temperature thing, but I can't recall what it is.

It caught me by surprise for the first few laps. Died a few times if I'm honest.:lol:

Indy is just a nightmare with bad driving, not-giving-a-damn idiots everywhere.

They should rename it from Supercar battle to Dodgem car battle! I've lost count the number of times I've gotten a penalty as a result of someone (who often avoids a penalty) ramming into me causing me to hit another car or go off-circuit.

I've been playing this indianapolis circuit for the past day but I've noticed some odd occurences... In one server, I keep getting a lap time of 1:32, but when I join a different server (same settings, same driving, same everything) I can only manage a best lap of 1:38?? The only explanation I can think of is lag from internet connection? but can it affect lap times and car performance? This has repeated throughout the night.

Last edited:
I am not sure about the hack aspect during seasonals... but i've started to notice how players cars that join the room that I've been playing in for awhile won't show up on screen (sometimes, nearly half the room can't be seen on the track). The solution to this is to rejoin the room... but that can get bit annoying at times (especially when you got a good session going on).

Press start and ghost through them.

As for your differing lap times, boost is to blame. The faster everyone drives, the faster the lap time but if you've got very slow drivers in the race, they hold back the pace of the front runners.

I've notice something interesting... at the start of lap 2 Indianopolis, whenever I'm first, I get slow/normal lap times... but whenever I'm last (or within the last few cars), I then get an incredible amount of power boost (7 seconds per lap difference). Why they decided to make it like this, I have no idea... to make it more even? fun?

So if you find yourself getting overtaken by a car from last position, don't be surprised. It's not your driving. It's the game.

I've notice something interesting... at the start of lap 2 Indianopolis, whenever I'm first, I get slow/normal lap times... but whenever I'm last (or within the last few cars), I then get an incredible amount of power boost (7 seconds per lap difference). Why they decided to make it like this, I have no idea... to make it more even? fun?

So if you find yourself getting overtaken by a car from last position, don't be surprised. It's not your driving. It's the game.

That's why I liked to start at the back of the field in the 350pp Autum Ring QM last year. I could get some insane lap times and the leaders had no chance.

Getting close to 4000 quick match races now so I'm speaking from painful experience.:P

I bet you are not the only one!

Slower player boost, selective SRF, start button ghosting... so much for being 'The Real Driving Simulator', or living up to the name.

Another thing to add - sometimes I would be stuck in limbo trying to connect to the servers... perhaps it's due to all the players trying to connect and re-connect in order to enable SRF..? :(

The boost, SRF and ghosting are primarily quick match reserves. The game lives up to its simulator moniker pretty good everywhere else.

There aren't any servers to connect to as GT uses peer to peer networking. As in a player is the host and not PD so if someone (person or ISP) is having issues, it probably affects the swarm and causes connection issues down the line. I'm guessing really but it sounds like a good reason for the often ropey quick match connections people see. I think I'm lucky to have a good home connection with good local(ish) peering so I don't have much trouble connecting to them.

The boost, SRF and ghosting are primarily quick match reserves. The game lives up to its simulator moniker pretty good everywhere else.

When you put it that way, it does make more sense. I'm just mystified though as to why SRF is available in licence testing when it doesn't exist in the real world - I might be wrong on this.

There aren't any servers to connect to as GT uses peer to peer networking. As in a player is the host and not PD so if someone (person or ISP) is having issues, it probably affects the swarm and causes connection issues down the line. I'm guessing really but it sounds like a good reason for the often ropey quick match connections people see. I think I'm lucky to have a good home connection with good local(ish) peering so I don't have much trouble connecting to them.

I guess the internet is pretty much hit and miss in the region I'm from. We should be getting an infrastructure upgrade soon.

Last edited:
They've mentioned dedicated servers for the new game but I imagine they'll be for the big organized races and not for Joe Public. We'll probably still use P2P but I'm hoping the new architecture will make it easier to fix the net code or at least make it better. Fingers crossed anyway.

I'm hoping the new architecture will make it easier to fix the net code or at least make it better. Fingers crossed anyway.

The only reason I'd get a ps4 is for GT7. I just hope they fix all these glitches as I can't imagine spending extra money to buy a console/game that is the same when it comes to these quick matches.

SRF is for slow losers. Don't do it.

I guess those who are caught having SRF enabled, will always be known amongst others as being one of those, despite what settings they decide to use in the future.

It's just the thought/pride of being beaten by a slower player who has SRF enabled, that we've easily beaten many times in the past, that gets to most of us.

If you click on +Quote in different people's replies, you can avoid double posting

I don't actually mind lower skilled drivers resorting to using it as you've still got a chance against them. What really annoys me is people with a similar skill level using it and dominating with it. Setting physically impossible lap times along the way and people see they've no chance against them and empty races as fast as they fill. Especially on any low grip QM's they throw up. SRFer's like flies round...erm...feces in those.

What really annoys me is people with a similar skill level using it and dominating with it. Setting physically impossible lap times

They also seem to be quite horn happy and love to use their horns at any given opportunity, well most of them anyway.

Yeah I don't mind the lower skilled players using it, it's mainly the ones with similar skills that have suddenly beaten you with it enabled, where in the past you had close battles in which you mostly came out on top. The fact that they now keep beating you in front of other regular drivers, who are probably unaware that they are cheating (or the SRF player thinks you are unaware and that they are just better) is what really gets me. I'd imagine this will impact someone's driving reputation which they've spent so much time building up.

The fact that not everyone has access to it also gets me. They should actually make it so we can see each player's driving settings, then everyone will know who's real and who isn't.

Last edited:
Some more to add...

I'm all for 'boost' in quick matches and actually think it's a great idea, so long as it stops once a player catches up to the car in front of them.

Also regarding quick match racing events that are changed every couple of weeks... why not keep the most popular race event that has the most players participating and replace the others, instead of replacing all of them with new ones?

Back