Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67

full

Eiger Nordwand - Short Track

Steward's Comments:

Good job everyone!

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notices:
This thread will be listed as "Provisional" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified.
Disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS.

Drivers who do not have a submitted lap posted in the results are not to post any information related to a laptime they might have achieved in the results thread. Any such posts will have the times removed.

Division 1:

1---1'14.826---GTP_EDK (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

2---1'14.952---Mysteron71 (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

3---1'14.998---randy1122 (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

4---1'15.096---GTP_MadMax
5---1'15.411---GTP_anastasis14
6---1'15.429---danbojte
7---1'15.913---BenMillard

Division 2:

1---1'15.620---dragonwhisky (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

2---1'15.971---doughboy877 (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

3---1'16.826---thematic604 (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

Division 3:

1---1'16.421---SERIALF (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

2---1'16.464---GTP_DDiamond (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

3---1'17.117-R-maxskuk (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

4---1'17.403-R-GTP_AceKev83 (Verified)
greenflag-gif.152575

full

Overall Results:

>> Division 1: Par: 1'14.624 Gold: 1'14.856 Silver: 1'15.114 Bronze: 1'15.399
1---1'14.826---GTP_EDK r=1.290 (d1/-0.409)
2---1'14.952---Mysteron71 r=1.457 (d1/0.336)
3---1'14.998---randy1122 r=1.517 (d1/0.159)
4---1'15.096---GTP_MadMax r=1.643 (d1/0.390)

>> Division 2: Par: 1'15.400 Gold: 1'15.748 Silver: 1'16.136 Bronze: 1'16.562
5---1'15.411---GTP_anastasis14 r=2.011 (d2/0.123)
6---1'15.429---danbojte r=2.028 (d2/0.300)

7---1'15.620---dragonwhisky r=2.211 (d2/0.181)
8---1'15.913---BenMillard r=2.475 (d2/0.551)
9---1'15.971---doughboy877 r=2.525 (d2/-0.393)
10--1'16.421---SERIALF r=2.890 (d2/-0.235)
11--1'16.464---GTP_DDiamond r=2.923 (d2/-1.105)

>> Division 3: Par: 1'16.563 Gold: 1'17.028 Silver: 1'17.544 Bronze: 1'18.113
12--1'16.826---thematic604 r=3.189 (d3/0.964)
13--1'17.117-R-maxskuk r=3.391 (d3/-0.094)
14--1'17.403-R-GTP_AceKev83 r=3.576 (d3/-0.649)

full

Handicapped Results:

1---1'14.627---(-1.10516)---GTP_DDiamond
2---1'16.140---(-0.40879)---GTP_EDK
3---1'16.174---(-0.39295)---doughboy877
4---1'16.517---(-0.23504)---SERIALF
5---1'17.296---(0.12341)---GTP_anastasis14
6---1'17.372---(0.15859)---randy1122

7---1'17.422---(0.18140)---dragonwhisky
8---1'17.679---(0.29979)---danbojte
9---1'17.757---(0.33580)---Mysteron71
10--1'17.875---(0.39031)---GTP_MadMax
11--1'18.225---(0.55132)---BenMillard

12--1'19.122---(0.96438)---thematic604

(Settings: Weight = 1.000 Squeeze = 2.830 Scoot = -0.017)

greenflag-gif.152575
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
redflag-gif.152574
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
blackflag-gif.152573
shows that the replay has was found to be invalid.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited:
Only thing to note is Ron was using TC to good effect it seems :lol:

Thanks for the check 👍 The TCS was something I stupidly messed with on my last attempt and forgot I actually adjusted it oops.. quite annoyed I tweaked it now since it makes me look like such a dick for using a shunned upon adjustment, let me just go and hang my head in shame for a month or 2 haha
finger.gif

Again Congrats on the win Kev 👍

Congrats to Randy and Ron for rounding out the podium this week.

Congrats as well of course to the winners and podiums in D2 and D3, well earned this week.

Special mention to @DDiamond and @Serialf for setting D2 times in D3, and some great performances against their respective handicaps.

I don't know exactly how many WRS TT's I've run, I can see 160 or so in the leaderboard, which goes back to Prologue. And probably another 60 or so on GT4 between weeks 112 and 184. So maybe 220? I wonder if I set the record for most events run until your first overall win? :lol:

I was trying to get my wheel working with the PS4 last night, so sorry for not checking any replays yet. Thanks to @mcsqueegy for getting a jump on that. I will grab some when I get home tonight and report back here. Even if some guys beat me to it, I might do some write ups.

@Mr P some of the guys were talking about TCS working for them in the online room as well. That was after I ran my first TT session, and I told them, "If it's faster, go beat my splits". :lol: I figured out there in the room that their TCS was not keeping them ahead of me. And I personally hate running with it, I don't like the feeling it gives when you are trying to catch a slide. It's not a big deal, but if you were running away from the field and not talking about it, that would be different. :sly:

Also, here's my vid of my lap again, in the right thread.

@EDK, excellent time and your vids are always a teaching tool. And thanks for your kind words. I am definitely running well-above my normal skill level after a long layoff. Waiting for the reality to sink in.:nervous:

Congrats to all podiums. Got my head into taxes :banghead: right now, but will try and check some replays. And the RX8 will have to wait for now.:lol:

EDK
@Mr PAnd I personally hate running with it, I don't like the feeling it gives when you are trying to catch a slide. It's not a big deal, but if you were running away from the field and not talking about it, that would be different. :sly:

I think the last time I even considered TCS was back in GT3/4 days! the annoying part is being ridiculed on the very first occasion I try it by a driver who wasn't even in the race? but that's GTP for you 👍

Good win Kev 👍

Reactions: EDK
I think the last time I even considered TCS was back in GT3/4 days! the annoying part is being ridiculed on the very first occasion I try it by a driver who wasn't even in the race? but that's GTP for you 👍

Good win Kev 👍
I think that's the dry Aussie sense of humor from our one armed bandit. :lol:

I would not take it that way at all, and would not have been offended, even if you'd beat me with it. :P

Get back to it! ;)

EDK
I think that's the dry Aussie sense of humor from our one armed bandit. :lol:

I would not take it that way at all, and would not have been offended, even if you'd beat me with it. :P

Get back to it! ;)
When you guys talk about not using TCS, do you literally mean you have it set to zero ?

Depending on the tt - i usually have TCS set between 1 & 3, but don't think I've ever run it at zero . Is it definitely quicker ? If so - going to baptise myself and stick to zero from now on ?!

When you guys talk about not using TCS, do you literally mean you have it set to zero ?

Depending on the tt - i usually have TCS set between 1 & 3, but don't think I've ever run it at zero . Is it definitely quicker ? If so - going to baptise myself and stick to zero from now on ?!
I always set it to zero. You can see that in my lap when I light up the left or right rear in a few places. :lol:

I use ABS 1, but all other aids are off.

EDK
Get back to it! ;)

I'll pass thanks, but you really need to amend the race specs in future events at the TCS part! either make it illegal or state something like this below...

Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Sports Hard (front and rear)
  • Driving Line Optional
  • Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional (but expect to have the piss ripped out of you if you use it
    finger.gif
    )
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Prohibited Camper at Aero -> Other -> Type C
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional
  • Custom Paint and Wheels: Allowed (Optional)

Done in here now! sorry if I seem off but I am not really amused by dry Aussie humor 👎 still kicking myself for submitting with it applied :banghead:

I always set it to zero too. No aids other than abs1. You'll be suprised how quick you get use to it being off. It is faster set to zero..

EDK
I always set it to zero. You can see that in my lap when I light up the left or right rear in a few places. :lol:

I use ABS 1, but all other aids are off.
I always set it to zero too. No aids other than abs1. You'll be suprised how quick you get use to it being off. It is faster set to zero..
Yeah I use abs 1 too and all other aids off

Def going to start with TCS set to zero the whole time now. Looking forward to quickly mastering it

Watching some replays now. I like to give some feedback comments to help you guys improve, I've done it for a long time when viewing replays. So I'm not doing this because I happened to have won. :sly:

I told @Bertracer I would look at his even though it already for the green flag.

Second apex, you want to carry a bit more speed and not dip in behind the road in the dirt, will allow you to carry more exit speed there.

With this track, getting all the way left for the 3rd turn is a bit counterproductive, as you can't effectively use the camber in the turn. The car is awkward on turn in and you can't make the apex. That's why you see me driving down the middle there. ;) You end up over slowing and dipping in past the apex, which does not allow you to use the natural camber of the track.

Right turn after T1 split, I like to let the car coast mid corner, and then feed in progressive throttle for maximum exit speed. Feeding in throttle throughout the turn induced understeer in this car.

Important to hit that apex on the right hander after the tunnel, I gave a really quick wheel motion and it's one of the few places on GT where if I am not making it, I will just turn the wheel more to get there.

Final 2 turns, you can be more aggressive with your line on approach, dip right wheels in dirt and then left to straightline it more. You did not carry far enough to the back and it compromised your exit.

SERIALF
greenflag-gif.152575

You didn't get enough of the first apex, then as a result got too much of the second one, which compromised your line.

Nice job in turn 3 and 4, those looked good. See above comment about approach to 3, but you looked good there.

See above on right after T1 split, mid corner coast was more effective.

Get all the way left at the end of the tunnel for the launch up the hill. The tighter line has you lift more than you need to, and carry maximum speed up this hill is very important.

See above comments on final few turns, more aggressive approach, carry all the way to the back of the final turn and mash it out straight.

GTP_DDiamond
greenflag-gif.152575

A little too much of both first apexes compromised your line and exit. Try to follow the flow of the turn with precision.

You ran a bit deep in turn 3, if you stayed closer to the middle of the track and braked sooner, you would be faster there.

See above comments for right hand sweeper after T1 split.

And really same comments for right after the tunnel and the final turn complex. Use more track in those places (which carries more risk) and you will be faster.

maxskuk
greenflag-gif.152575

I found whenever I got all the way to the left on turn 1 approach it upset the car to have to come back over that tarmac lip there. To try and keep it just inside that.

Turn 1/2 look pretty good, otherwise.

Turn 3, getting all the way in the dirt hurts your line and speed. Same with apex of 4, staying on pavement but as close to edge as possible is fastest there.

Same comments on right hand sweeper after T1 split.

Good aggression for the rest of the lap, I am guessing that your third sector was what made this your best lap. 👍

GTP_AceKev83
greenflag-gif.152575

More turn 1 apex and less turn 2 would give you a better exit line for a corner complex that compromises speed no matter what.

Getting loose in turn 3 hurt your transition to 4 and full throttle for a smooth run down the hill onto a high speed straight. Better to leave a little back there in turn 3 to maximize that run down the hill.

See above comments on right hand sweeper after T1 split.

And also above comments on final corner complex.

EDK
Watching some replays now. I like to give some feedback comments to help you guys improve, I've done it for a long time when viewing replays. So I'm not doing this because I happened to have won. :sly:

I told @Bertracer I would look at his even though it already for the green flag.

Second apex, you want to carry a bit more speed and not dip in behind the road in the dirt, will allow you to carry more exit speed there.

With this track, getting all the way left for the 3rd turn is a bit counterproductive, as you can't effectively use the camber in the turn. The car is awkward on turn in and you can't make the apex. That's why you see me driving down the middle there. ;) You end up over slowing and dipping in past the apex, which does not allow you to use the natural camber of the track.

Right turn after T1 split, I like to let the car coast mid corner, and then feed in progressive throttle for maximum exit speed. Feeding in throttle throughout the turn induced understeer in this car.

Important to hit that apex on the right hander after the tunnel, I gave a really quick wheel motion and it's one of the few places on GT where if I am not making it, I will just turn the wheel more to get there.

Final 2 turns, you can be more aggressive with your line on approach, dip right wheels in dirt and then left to straightline it more. You did not carry far enough to the back and it compromised your exit.

SERIALF
greenflag-gif.152575

You didn't get enough of the first apex, then as a result got too much of the second one, which compromised your line.

Nice job in turn 3 and 4, those looked good. See above comment about approach to 3, but you looked good there.

See above on right after T1 split, mid corner coast was more effective.

Get all the way left at the end of the tunnel for the launch up the hill. The tighter line has you lift more than you need to, and carry maximum speed up this hill is very important.

See above comments on final few turns, more aggressive approach, carry all the way to the back of the final turn and mash it out straight.

GTP_DDiamond
greenflag-gif.152575

A little too much of both first apexes compromised your line and exit. Try to follow the flow of the turn with precision.

You ran a bit deep in turn 3, if you stayed closer to the middle of the track and braked sooner, you would be faster there.

And really same comments for right after the tunnel and the final turn complex. Use more track in those places (which carries more risk) and you will be faster.

maxskuk
greenflag-gif.152575

I found whenever I got all the way to the left on turn 1 approach it upset the car to have to come back over that tarmac lip there. To try and keep it just inside that.

Turn 1/2 look pretty good, otherwise.

Turn 3, getting all the way in the dirt hurts your line and speed. Same with apex of 4, staying on pavement but as close to edge as possible is fastest there.

Same comments on right hand sweeper after T1 split.

Good aggression for the rest of the lap, I am guessing that your third sector was what made this your best lap. 👍

GTP_AceKev83
greenflag-gif.152575

More turn 1 apex and less turn 2 would give you a better exit line for a corner complex that compromises speed no matter what.

Getting loose in turn 3 hurt your transition to 4 and full throttle for a smooth run down the hill onto a high speed straight. Better to leave a little back there in turn 3 to maximize that run down the hill.

See above comments on right hand sweeper after T1 split.

And also above comments on final corner complex.
Thanks Kevin - makes sense. Good man for doing this

Sorry I missed checking Thematic's, I was thinking all the D2 guys were checked.

EDK

GTP_DDiamond
greenflag-gif.152575

Thanks for the check, Kev. And your feedback has always been appreciated. Gonna go back and practice your points!

RE: the TC discussion; I never thought that the setting on 1 made any difference. Good to hear/know that it does. ;)

@Serialf Thank you for the check. Well done on track! 👍

Code:
hs = hidden sector(s) in seconds

GTP_EDK          hs 20,886
Mysteron71       hs 20,976
randy1122        hs 20,798
GTP_anastasis14  hs 20,989
danbojte         hs 21,022
dragonwhisky     hs 21,116
BenMillard       hs 21,379
doughboy877      hs 21,183
SERIALF          hs 21,344
GTP_DDiamond     hs 21,380
thematic604      hs 21,466
GTP_AceKev83     hs 21,686

thematic684
greenflag-gif.152575
Didn't look as if yours was checked on the results....but maybe just had not posted "green flag" yet. Anyway, just to be sure.

Nice and clean!

EDIT: Just overlooked it in Serialf's post.:eek:

Last edited:
@Serialf Thank you for the check. Well done on track! 👍

Code:
hs = hidden sector(s) in seconds

GTP_EDK          hs 20,886
Mysteron71       hs 20,976
randy1122        hs 20,798
GTP_anastasis14  hs 20,989
danbojte         hs 21,022
dragonwhisky     hs 21,116
BenMillard       hs 21,379
doughboy877      hs 21,183
SERIALF          hs 21,344
GTP_DDiamond     hs 21,380
thematic604      hs 21,466
GTP_AceKev83     hs 21,686
Thanks for putting it together. 👍

And sorry I missed checking yours.........

As I'd said in my race thread post, I did leave a little off my final sector. I think a "normal" good one would have had me there with Randy, and I had a few that were even better. I think around a 20.750 was the best I found in my saved replays.

When do the provisional results generally update to official ? Think I'll do some lap checking myself for week 168 also !

Back