POLL: Would you buy GT Sport already? (AFTER v.1.05, change vote available)

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 222 comments

Would you buy Gran Turismo Sport as it is in the beta - just unlocked?

• Yes

Votes: 166 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 142 46.1%

• Total voters
Finland
Finland
HI-tauer
I have enjoyed the closed beta so much, Id be ready to buy it as it is. Just the promised cars, tracks and game modes unlocked. How about you?

Please note phrasing of the question - "unlocked" means technically the way it is, but online/offline game modes included and the planned car roster included.

Please leave a comment. :)👍

Edit

Last edited:
Voted yes, since the driving feels right, sound is good, plenty of fun cars & tracks, and the online mode has potential. With that said, what I dislike is the SR system, and the corner cutting practices. Hopefully the AI will be competent (Project Cars like), and revisions will be made on the formerly named issues.
All in all, the positives are greater than the negatives.

What? No I won't. Without an offline single-player mode?

Of course not. The beta is very limited. If it's the full game, then yes.

Please note the phrasing of a question - "unlocked" means technically the way it is, but online/offline game modes included and the planned car roster included.

Not trying to sway the poll, but so far three "no" comments, and none of those has read the question proberly. Humans.. :guilty: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note the phrasing of a question - "unlocked" means technically the way it is, but online/offline game modes included and the planned car roster included.
We know most of the cars now. We also know approximately half the tracks. We know, from copper Box, that career mode is basically a licence system and as for one player, time attack and single race were in the original US beta. The professional AI setting has been shown to be no challenge at all.

So no. Unless online is your thing, there is nothing here - unless you buy a race game for photography.

Not trying to sway the poll, but so far three "no" comments, and none of those has read the question proberly. Humans.. :guilty: :lol:

Good enough for you? My first post ANSWERS the question.

So far I can say right now I wouldn't buy it.... at least not full price.

The online races in the beta are not that entertaining and I we still know hardly anything about the other modes.

The real problen (I guess) is that I want a classic Gran Turismo. I want to play offline... i want to race a single event 50 times to have enough money to tune my other car to win another race.

Well you did say 'as it is in the beta'. I don't know what other meaning could be taken from that.

No. Here is why:

A beta in my understanding is a pre-release version of a software product that includes all major features. The GT Sport Beta however is only a peek through the keyhole, which is not enough for me to make a decision.

As always, I love GT's core element, the simulation part and I am super excited to finally experience it on PS4. But my heart really aches for the super extensive carrer mode and the never-ending, ever-exciting progression that came along with it, that has been neglected since the release of GT5.
Unless GT Sport won't feature more singleplayer content (qualification races, brand events, challenging licences that used to have actual educational value), or anything else that makes it come close to the experience it used to deliver, it won't have a place in my heart.

Here's my explanation for voting "no", copy+paste from another thread:
Not going to buy the game in current state ;) That said, it is not a single negative point to come to that conclusion, there is no single game-braker, it's more the overall thing. I will not have fun with GTS for a long time, considering I like driving offline and that immersion is very important to me. Games like Pcars, F1 2016 are far better in that matter. Also, the Gran Turismo AI is ruining offline racing (AI just kills the immersion) and I'm not interested in hot lapping either, because when I want to do hot lapping, I want to do it with the best physics and therefore AC.
If they bring an extended A-Spec (not what we have seen so far, that is probably done in 2 days) then I might consider it. Although, I must admit that I like the way you can race now online. Short races with people that are more or less on your level. But I'm more the endurance racing guy and will find myself in a league with the same guys as always, and they think the same of the Beta as me so far, so the league will 95% not take place in GTS.

There will be a lot of people who see that different and that is okay, because they are looking for something different.

No. I don´t care about online racing and the beta hasn´t changed my mind.

So no. Unless online is your thing, there is nothing here - unless you buy a race game for photography.

Good enough for you? My first post ANSWERS the question.

So far I can say right now I wouldn't buy it.... at least not full price.

The online races in the beta are not that entertaining and I we still know hardly anything about the other modes.

The real problen (I guess) is that I want a classic Gran Turismo. I want to play offline... i want to race a single event 50 times to have enough money to tune my other car to win another race.

No. Here is why:

As always, I love GT's core element, the simulation part and I am super excited to finally experience it on PS4. But my heart really aches for the super extensive carrer mode and the never-ending, ever-exciting progression that came along with it, that has been neglected since the release of GT5.

Here's my explanation for voting "no", copy+paste from another thread:

I see a pattern here. I think my positive impressions are down to a fact, that since I went online in the early days of gt5, i have never went back offline. Except the seasonals for money grinding. I find even the best of AI very lacking compared to the real human drivers wheather its racing or qualifying in question. Yes i do have Pcars and Assetto Corsa. Theres just always this artificial script in AI no matter how intelligent it is.

Personally I could do totally without offline single player, but thats just me. Only thing im missing fron GT5 is the randon used car system, which made some cars feel rare and exclusive.

So i mean to say i totally understand you all with the concern over the offline racing. I probably neither would by GT6 (which is the best guess at this point for gt sport offline quality) for offline only.

RRRE is far better in simulating close racing than AC and PC in my experience. It's fairly higher priced tho but there's a good pack for 99 usd I think with pretty much everything.

Sound is awesome too.

As for why I would buy GTS. I got all GT so far and I usually have lots of fun and spend much more time on GT than any other console game I can buy. The grey out menu in demo show me that the game will be much more than just the sports thankfully. I was scared it would be just an online mode tbh. I just hope we get random back. Because it's where I had the most fun in all the online races I've done. And since I love jdm so much, GT is kinda the only game where I know I'll get a bit of my fix. I just hope they didnt remove Tsukuba and I still hope we'll see more japanese tracks as well.

Last edited:
I voted No. Never thought I would say that about a Gran Turismo title but the dreadful FFB and lifeless handling have left me cold.

There is always an affection for Gran Turismo but, assuming it is improved for launch, it will depend on when PCars2 is released as to whether or not I buy it. The Livery Editor and Photo Mode are the most appealing aspects of it currently.

I'll wait for reviews. It's not that I find the game bad. I'm just saying I'm not as hyped for it as I'm for DiRT 4 and pCARS 2. And the beta hasn't changed my decision of waiting, it actually reinforced it. The game is okay. But it needs to be more than "okay".

RRRE is far better in simulating close racing than AC and PC in my experience. It's fairly higher priced tho but there's a good pack for 99 usd I think with pretty much everything.

Sound is awesome too.

As for why I would buy GTS. I got all GT so far and I usually have lots of fun and spend much more time on GT than any other console game I can buy. The grey out menu in demo show me that the game will be much more than just the sports thankfully. I was scared it would be just an online mode tbh. I just hope we get random back. Because it's where I had the most fun in all the online races I've done. And since I love jdm so much, GT is kinda the only game where I know I'll get a bit of my fix. I just hope they didnt remove Tsukuba.

Yes - im also very hopeful looking at the menus of GT sport. As the sport mode is not even the actual full blown online game, but closer to a balanced online arcade shuffle racing (without the shuffle part:lol:), im expecting great things from the actual online.

What comes to the match making im pretty sure the sport mode works very well for more and less casual players if one has all of the cars available. One doesnt even have to tune the cars, as if you have a bad qualifying time due to setup, you are still matched to similar lap times AND SR which gives one clean but slow races. :cheers: I can also see great things could be achieved with gaining SR from clean racing in single player offline - no more cutting corners and ramming the AI. 👍

Imagine an online racing based career mode. The classes, rewards, and races based on career structure, but with the races being well matched online races. The player being matched with more advanced player as the career continues. No more need for AI. 💡:drool:

Yes - im also very hopeful looking at the menus of GT sport. As the sport mode is not even the actual full blown online game, but closer to a balanced online arcade shuffle racing (without the shuffle part:lol:), im expecting great things from the actual online.

What comes to the match making im pretty sure the sport mode works very well for more and less casual players if one has all of the cars available. One doesnt even have to tune the cars, as if you have a bad qualifying time due to setup, you are still matched to similar lap times AND SR which gives one clean but slow races. :cheers: I can also see great things could be achieved with gaining SR from clean racing in single player offline - no more cutting corners and ramming the AI. 👍

Imagine an online racing based career mode. The classes, rewards, and races based on career structure, but with the races being well matched online races. The player being matched with more advanced player as the career continues. No more need for AI. 💡:drool:

The problem I can see it with that career is that race are usually too short in GT career so you have to force to pass or it's hard to achieve 1st place, even in the beta some races are too short (6 laps on gt4 at brands indy when people are lapping around 51sec come on pd, should have been at least 8).

I think the reward and progress should anyways be based on more realistic goals than finishing 1st in every race. :D

But yes.. The longer races might be hard to find as all too often a 14 car grid is a 5 car finish..

There's a problem with the Daily reward where you can win a new car easily by reaching 26 miles. It's great fun in the beta but if this is in the retail version the specialty from events, etc would feel damaged. Also with a car list just under 150.

Had some positive hopes before I got access to the beta. But the beta has taken away almost every positive aspect of it :indiff:. I voted no because it is bland, dull and dreadful to play.

Can you specify? What is it missing aside the obvious gamemode limitations of the beta? I think the beta is there to test the mechanics of the game, not the content. People seem to have a bit unrealistic expectations on the amount of content any studio is willing to release in beta testing. :D

Had some positive hopes before I got access to the beta. But the beta has taken away almost every positive aspect of it :indiff:. I voted no because it is bland, dull and dreadful to play.
Curious, what is it you don't like about the handling engine? I feel very similar but would love to hear a secondary opinion from a reliable source such as yourself. :D

There's a problem with the Daily reward where you can win a new car easily by reaching 26 miles. It's great fun in the beta but if this is in the retail version the specialty from events, etc would feel damaged. Also with a car list just under 150.

I think this is just a system created for the beta to encourage players staying with the beta as it evolves. I would see Sport mode as either based on players garage or all cars available in the final game.

A terrible idea mate. The reason people play offline against AI is because they expect to WIN. An online version would have ONE winner and 15-17 losers. That is why online is a no no for so many players.

Can you specify? What is it missing aside the obvious gamemode limitations of the beta? I think the beta is there to test the mechanics of the game, not the content. People seem to have a bit unrealistic expectations on the amount of content any studio is willing to release in beta testing. :D

I had 0 unrealistic expectations but I expect from a studio like PD to get the basics right and seriously improve upon their previous itterations! You really feel that you are playing a PS4 title or simply a GT6.5 ? When a "June" release is expected (rumour) I don't think there will be that many changes. Simply judging from what I've come across, which simply killed my appetite!

Curious, what is it you don't like about the handling engine? I feel very similar but would love to hear a secondary opinion from a reliable source such as yourself. :D

The problem that I found with GTS BETA is that the handling with the DS4 feels numb. I don't get any proper feedback from the car that I am driving. Understeer, oversteer don't have a clue when it kicks in! Unnatural maybe? Play GTS with a controller and than Driveclub or Dirt and you immediately feel the difference. GTS fails to bring excitement when actually driving a car.

Then we have the sounds. It is an improvement but more from vacuum to the landmower type. Once again a let down.

The graphics are extremely dull when playing the game. Yes it is colorful and sharp but all feels basic, empty, sterile and utterly boring to look at. Flickering everywhere (maybe better in final version?). Also look at the backgrounds, that has some very bad quality and low textures. Than I wonder what the hell did PD do during all those years of development? Replays where more convincing but that has always been one of the stronger points of PD.

Menu's look slick and the overall presentation and speed of the interface is very positive. It is to bad that it is the only positive point I can find.

It seems PD hasn't got a clue of what the are doing or want to achieve. All very mediocore.

Last edited:
A terrible idea mate. The reason people play offline against AI is because they expect to WIN. An online version would have ONE winner and 15-17 losers. That is why online is a no no for so many players.
That is the massive problem in people in general. If one cant appreciate anything but winning all real life competitive sports would be dead. There are world champions who have won few or no races. There should be enough reward in say 4th place to feel appreciated. If i would win every race I think i would quit racing quite soon as that is not realistic.

That is the massive problem in people in general. If one cant appreciate anything but winning all real life competitive sports would be dead. There are world champions who have won few or no races. There should be enough reward in say 4th place to feel appreciated. If i would win every race I think i would quit racing quite soon as that is not realistic.
If you PLAY a GAME.

If you are a competitive type then you will want the challenge offered. There is a difference between people because not everyone has the compulsion to be competitive to that degree.

Back