[Notice to all beta testers] - let's coordinate our suggestions of improvement to the studio

• Thread starter Yinato
  • 39 comments
France
France
yinato
Hi everyone,

*Special greetings to those who will recognize me.

For those who do not know me, my name is Anthony Fernandes and I am the president and the team manager of the TSRacing e-Sport team.

I open this topic hoping gather the greatest number of beta testers as possible. The main objective is to regroup all our suggestions of improvement in a list and then send it to the studio through the dedicated form.

Each beta-tester is invited to report all his suggestions and/or issues found on GT Sport through a dedicated link provided into the invitation mail.

Link directly ---> https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GTSBeta

When this link is opened, we can find this form:

Through this topic, my idea is to condense all our criticisms in a list which regroups the most part of the problems and each one of us can send it by copy/paste to the studio through the dedicated form. The objective is to be numerous to send the same criticisms.

Here is an example of list:

1. On all the tracks, we can notice that there are minor issues on aliasing and more significant issues of clipping and popping (elements of the décor are displayed on the screen with some delay and scintillate)

2. In general terms, trees along the tracks might be of better quality. There are scintillation issues on trees on background of the Nurburgring track

3. The new track (Dragon Trail) is not of the same graphic quality compared to the other tracks. Especially some textures (rock, grass, tree, water and barrier) must be improved significantly.

4. Most of the cockpit views are too dark (often in the darkness). There is a lack of texture on the cockpit elements and they are too smooth

5. The brightness of the car bodies is insufficient

6. The delivery of the vapour due to the sideslips of the tires or the sand might be improved

As I said earlier, this list is an example, we must complete it all together with a minimum of 10 points to address.

First of all, before we go any further, I will ask you to kindly share your views on this and then we can move forward.

This new Gran Turismo Sport has a lot of potential but needs to see some important points corrected.

Looking forward to your reply I thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Great, I asked myself why there is punishment (lower your Sportmanship points) when you make a mistake an leave the track and even worse, if you wait outside the track until there is space to get on the track again you might get even disqualified. This leads to track entering without attention to other participants.
And while bumping off the track for example at nordschleife "döttingerhöhe" leads to no loss of points fo the car that managed to stay on the track. So why do they call it "sportsmanship"?

I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I don't think this is a good approach, unless I am missing the purpose of this thread.

If you want the best response from Polyphony Digital you should raise 1 bug per problem in the official beta testers bug reporter, and then everyone that agrees should up-vote that single issue. If you get 100 members to send the same list of bugs to PD through 100 separate bug ID's, that just means PD has to go through 99 of them to mark them duplicated, and in the end they just wasted a bunch of time sorting through the duplicate bugs. Further, including multiple suggestions inside of a single bug report makes it much harder for the team to track and actually fix, as generally a bug will be assigned to a single engineer to investigate and respond to. If a single bug spans multiple categories (Graphics, Physics, Collisions, etc.) than it is less likely to be assigned to the best engineer to investigate and respond to the issue. The best way to create bugs, is to create a single clear and concise bug report for each issue/suggestion you have. It is better to raise 10 bug reports that will get assigned to multiple engineers that actually have expertise in the specific area, than to create 1 bug with 10 issues/suggestions that gets assigned to a single engineer that might only have expertise in one of the areas.

The first thing they should fix is their forums to report bugs. If they can't do that then they're is no since trying anymore
What have you tried? I have successfully created bugs using Safari on Mac OS. Whatever platform you are on, try another browser if your main browser is not working.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I don't think this is a good approach, unless I am missing the purpose of this thread.

If you want the best response from Polyphony Digital you should raise 1 bug per problem in the official beta testers bug reporter, and then everyone that agrees should up-vote that single issue. If you get 100 members to send the same list of bugs to PD through 100 separate bug ID's, that just means PD has to go through 99 of them to mark them duplicated, and in the end they just wasted a bunch of time sorting through the duplicate bugs. Further, including multiple suggestions inside of a single bug report makes it much harder for the team to track and actually fix, as generally a bug will be assigned to a single engineer to investigate and respond to. If a single bug spans multiple categories (Graphics, Physics, Collisions, etc.) than it is less likely to be assigned to the best engineer to investigate and respond to the issue. The best way to create bugs, is to create a single clear and concise bug report for each issue/suggestion you have. It is better to raise 10 bug reports that will get assigned to multiple engineers that actually have expertise in the specific area, than to create 1 bug with 10 issues/suggestions that gets assigned to a single engineer that might only have expertise in one of the areas.

What have you tried? I have successfully created bugs using Safari on Mac OS. Whatever platform you are on, try another browser if your main browser is not working.

Most all forums work no matter what OS, This is 2017

Most all forums work no matter what OS, This is 2017
I was trying to help by stating what has worked for me to see if you can find a work-around. I am not justifying the fact that they are not working on certain browsers/platforms, but I would rather help those in the beta get access now so they can send feedback through official platforms before it is all closed down and PD goes silent :)

I also have no Beta forum access.

It's a permissions issue rather than browser issues, the rest of the PS forum sections work as normal

I get access denied messages on Chrome, Firefox and IE* and I even tried it on the PS4 browser on the off chance that because I was on the machine the account belongs to it may achieve something.

There are quite a few people with this issue, I've found some threads on the PS forums but no one has reported back that it's been solved or had any reply from someone official.

The message I get is:

"Access Denied
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

It's a bit frustrating as although I'm enjoying the Beta I can't really actually participate properly.

Unless someone who does has access raises this in the Beta forum those of us without access are stuck.

*Disclaimer: I only have IE because it's required for the Ford parts software.

It's a permissions issue rather than browser issues, the rest of the PS forum sections work as normal

I get access denied messages on Chrome, Firefox and IE* and I even tried it on the PS4 browser on the off chance that because I was on the machine the account belongs to it may achieve something.

There are quite a few people with this issue, I've found some threads on the PS forums but no one has reported back that it's been solved or had any reply from someone official.

The message I get is:

"Access Denied
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

It's a bit frustrating as although I'm enjoying the Beta I can't really actually participate properly.

Unless someone who does has access raises this in the Beta forum those of us without access are stuck.

Same here. Still doesn't work. I reported this issue when the Beta started. The answer was to use the bug report in the beta to reports bugs. Yes but that's the whole point: I cannot access this bug report to report bugs

On topic: Good initiative. But before putting extra time in this idea do we know if PD actually will use this input or do they reply that they have an official forum/bug reporting tool for that purpose?

Another idea (stolen from the PCars2 Q&A thread): If I was PD I would appoint one of my staff members to participate and communicate with this great GT Planet community. Apparently they read our posts anyway wouldn't it be nice for us and clever for them to actively talk with your customers. Great marketing tool!

Tell us more about the ideas behind the beta, give some feedback of your first findings, let us know what you are working on to even improve the game further. Just my2c

The message I get is:

"Access Denied

My understanding is that the beta forum is for people giving PD beta feedback, people who are in a different beta to that we got access too.
From what I can tell we (people without beta forum access) are testing PD's server load abilities and how they manage that, rather than testing the game and giving them feedback. This is why the forum is gated differently to the game.

I could be wrong however

That doesn't tally with the email they sent though which encourages you to use the forum and gives you a link to it?

That doesn't tally with the email they sent though which encourages you to use the forum and gives you a link to it?
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ropean-beta-starts-this-saturday-sign-up-now/

The initial wave of testing with our fans in America has been vital in letting us test the new infrastructure and ensure that we give players the best experience possible. Now that the testing has been completed, we’re ready to welcome Europe to the beta in order to help us properly test the servers.​

I think the beta email was just a default template, hence why they ask us to take part but then don't give us permission to do so?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ropean-beta-starts-this-saturday-sign-up-now/

The initial wave of testing with our fans in America has been vital in letting us test the new infrastructure and ensure that we give players the best experience possible. Now that the testing has been completed, we’re ready to welcome Europe to the beta in order to help us properly test the servers.​

I think the beta email was just a default template, hence why they ask us to take part but then don't give us permission to do so?

Just another example of PD being lazy.

I'm from Europe and can access the beta forum without any trouble. If I had to guess, people that register from the euro psn site don't get to feedback but those selected from the gts website can. Just a guess tho.

And I don't think PD is lazy, they are just too small for the game industry as it is now.

While I can appreciate efforts like this I am afraid it is of no use. Official forum seems the best way to give feedback. If one uses the link that you got in the mail. Accessing the forum shouldn't be an issue at all.

I guess the final game will have it anyway but each time ranking should have more filter options and infos. Ranking worldwide, race class, car, nation,....

So you can say: Hey I'm the second fastest guy in "Anyland" with a GT3 car around the Nordschleife.
Or, I'm worldwide on place 95 with a 4C Grp4 around this track.

There is zero reason to do this. You found the bugs ? Use the form to submit them. Don't worry about them not being noticed. There's limited amount of users who are not lazy to submit the bugs anyway/don't care/the bugs they saw are so obvious they don't think of submitting them.

I guess the final game will have it anyway but each time ranking should have more filter options and infos. Ranking worldwide, race class, car, nation,....

So you can say: Hey I'm the second fastest guy in "Anyland" with a GT3 car around the Nordschleife.
Or, I'm worldwide on place 95 with a 4C Grp4 around this track.

Exactly, I´d support this, where shall I sign?

Gotcha! I will raise a bug for all of you left out in the cold
:gtpflag:

Sorry, been a mega busy week so I haven't been online much.

Would be appreciated, even if it just gets us a response that we aren't meant to.

Sorry, been a mega busy week so I haven't been online much.

Would be appreciated, even if it just gets us a response that we aren't meant to.

Interestingly, it was deleted shortly after I created it (there is now a gap in the bug ID's). So I don't know what to make of that.

Back