Do you think if they delayed Gran Turismo Sport more they would be able to add things like?

United States
United States
thunderlight10
1. Day and Night Cycles
2. Weather cycles
3. Upgrades to the cars
4. Track Editor
5. Career Mode
6. Damage effects
I know they have not anncounced the new release date for this game yet so it could be possible hopefully! Also this may be way too much stuff but a few of these things would be nice atleast if they can't add all like the Damage effects, Upgrades to the cars and a Day and Night cycle

Last edited:
1. Day and Night Cycles
2. Weather cycles
3. Upgrades to the cars
4. Track Editor
5. Career Mode
6. Damage effects
I know they have not anncounced the new release date for this game yet so it could be possible hopefully! Also this may be way too much stuff but a few of these things would be nice atleast if they can't add all like the Damage effects, Upgrades to the cars and a Day and Night cycle
No. Every time you add something new to code you introduce bugs that then have to be fixed. That means even more delay.

Seriously, everything was announced either at Copper Box or on the official website. If you expect anything else you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think the first three are things that would need to be included from day one so a small delay would be no use. As for the others, sure they could probably add them but that's not the small e-sport focussed game they wanted to make. Plus it's taken them this long to make a relatively small game. I'm not sure a small delay would enable them to do much more.

I dont think the cycles cant be done because of the limiteds of the system.

I gues that there are some more cars and featurs here and there but not a track editor or something big.

just a polished final game

1. Day and Night Cycles
2. Weather cycles
3. Upgrades to the cars
4. Track Editor
5. Career Mode
6. Damage effects

1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6. No

Stuff that requires extra graphical power has to get that from somewhere. To have day/night or weather for example, they would have to downgrade the graphics. There's more than just a lack of time stopping them from doing it.

Stuff that simply requires more time, sure. Upgrades and a career mode largely just require someone to write and implement it.

What other reason the would have then to not ad it?
They have chosen to put the resource into other areas of the whole package.

They may well consider how it looks (and 4K and HDR on the Pro) to be more important.

However given that Assetto Corsa has time cycles within daylight, and Project cars and Driveclub both manage day/night time cycles and full weather cycles, its just not valid to say its a limitation of the PS4 itself.

They have chosen to put the resource into other areas of the whole package.

They may well consider how it looks (and 4K and HDR on the Pro) to be more important.

However given that Assetto Corsa has time cycles within daylight, and Project cars and Driveclub both manage day/night time cycles and full weather cycles, its just not valid to say its a limitation of the PS4 itself.
Yeah so what i say if they want to full GT feeling they cant put that in because of the system limits. GT has the status of being the best looking racer on the console and if the wanna keep that status they have to sacrifise that kind of things.

You can say what you want but the game is the nicest looking out there on this moment car models etc sharpness PCARS2 dont have that but have the cicle so its a choise.

Yeah so what i say if they want to full GT feeling they cant put that in because of the system limits. GT has the status of being the best looking racer on the console and if the wanna keep that status they have to sacrifise that kind of things.

You can say what you want but the game is the nicest looking out there on this moment car models etc sharpness PCARS2 dont have that but have the cicle so its a choise.
Oh I would agree it's a great looking title, if a little sterile.

However I would also argue that it's not as far ahead as it was in the past, Driveclub while beings years old is not a long way behind in terms of looks.

We have waited long enough. They should release the game in June or September, that should be fine. They will be able to add more features, cars and tracks later.

As of now it is likely we wont see a traditional career mode, but that is due the concept of the game: it is basically intended as a esport game for the masses. If they wanted to add an career mode, they could have done so.

Dynamic weather and daytime wont be realized on PS4, at least not in GT, no matter how long development will go on.

As of now it is likely we wont see a traditional career mode, but that is due the concept of the game: it is basically intended as a esport game for the masses. If they wanted to add an career mode, they could have done so.

What excuse did GT5 and GT6 have then

Sorry double post, I messed up the edit

Oh I would agree it's a great looking title, if a little sterile.

However I would also argue that it's not as far ahead as it was in the past, Driveclub while beings years old is not a long way behind in terms of looks.

30fps behind to be precise haha and that is something i never want again in any game! I can accept it in Horizon or Uncharted but racing and shooting? Please never again i will sacrifice dynamic weather for that!

30fps behind to be precise haha and that is something i never want again in any game! I can accept it in Horizon or Uncharted but racing and shooting? Please never again i will sacrifice dynamic weather for that!
It's more complicated than trading one thing for another. PCars1 and PCars2 will both have dynamic weather and 60 fps (mostly:sly:)

IMO PD is trying to optimize a 10-year-old engine.The other games have scrapped their old engine and have moved on. You can keep trying to polish a 10-year-old relic or build a new one This means psychics also
Lighting is amazing but the engine seems too complicated, not enough flexible. I'm impressed by the evolution of the ForzaTech. Each Forza brings something new to the engine.

Yeah because GT Fans expect the best looking racing game. Together is apperently not posible on this system. I dont care in person but hey thats me

Yeah because GT Fans expect the best looking racing game. Together is apperently not posible on this system. I dont care in person but hey thats me
It's never going to be possible on any system if you want (as a developer) to max out one area.

Lighting is amazing but the engine seems too complicated, not enough flexible. I'm impressed by the evolution of the ForzaTech. Each Forza brings something new to the engine.
I just don't see the "lighting is amazing", they are good, have you seen a sunrise/ sunset in Pcars1 it looks so realistic. GT colors always looked too shiny and cartoon like.

And dont look nearly as good so thats my point :cheers:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people actually prefer the look of AC or PCars2 to GTS. One things is for sure. PCars2 will look a lot better between in the sunrise hour, coming through a light snowstorm while racing on a frozen lake, than GTS will:sly:.

Back