Gran Turismo Sport Endurance races

• Thread starter TurboNindo
  • 15 comments
Who would like to see these races in beta or on the final product but with players and obviously in arcade aswell. My passion for endurance racing began with GT3 oh how I miss those days

I'm also an endurance races fan,thanks to the GT3 and GT4 games and even more thanks to the GTR2 sim game.

Loved to have some endurance events in GT mode.....but still don't understand why PD let them die in GT6 offering those really bad "24 minutes" races.

Now in GT Sport known that it will be focused to the online more than ever and that they let out dynamic climate and day-night cycle... I really doubt to see endurance races again.

Thankfully now i have a substitute for endurance races... And that is project C.A.R.S! With mulitclass,dynamic climate change and day-night cycle... And big Championships as the WEC with 6H races, European endurance championship, 3H of zolder,24H bathurst,24H nurburgring, 24H le mans,GT3 endurance series and more.... With AI driverswap if you need a break.
Did also already a real 24H race online with driver swaps (24H reales del ces) and was just amazing!
And more is coming in Project C.A.R.S 2.

But sure that i would want to see endurance races again in GT for endurance racing fans as us.

I don't know how practical a true endurance event would be in the beta, but I love the idea. I've real-timed some 24 hour races on other platforms using ingame save (and in GT4 with a big UPS on my PS2 so I could just pause and come back later...) I think longer events would really improve the beta. I would LOVE to see a daily 1-hour event, random class. (OK, maybe not an hour of N300's at Brands Indy or anything at NIS...I think I'd be dizzy after.)

I don't know how practical a true endurance event would be in the beta, but I love the idea. I've real-timed some 24 hour races on other platforms using ingame save (and in GT4 with a big UPS on my PS2 so I could just pause and come back later...) I think longer events would really improve the beta. I would LOVE to see a daily 1-hour event, random class. (OK, maybe not an hour of N300's at Brands Indy or anything at NIS...I think I'd be dizzy after.)
I agree NIS gets me dizzy just after 1 race maybe half hour race and I would like qualifying for race to have everyone on track at same time make things more interesting

Don't really understand the appeal of 24 hour racing in videogames.
If you have to race for 30 minutes it helps a lot for improving racecraft when you have to stay focused and consistent and most importantly it makes drivers realise a race is not 1 lap free for all which a lot of players seem to have this attitude

If you have to race for 30 minutes it helps a lot for improving racecraft when you have to stay focused and consistent and most importantly it makes drivers realise a race is not 1 lap free for all which a lot of players seem to have this attitude

30 mins sure but 24 hours?

If the GTPES (GTPlanet Endurance Series) ever starts again, one good thing about the PS4 is the ability to stream on line (twitch, youtube) so your teammates can watch the car. When we last ran the endurance series, you were pretty much locked to the official GTP stream on Youtube, unless one of your team mates had the hardware to do so. I really liked participating in the team 6, 12, 24 hour events and hope with the launch of GTS they are revived.

Last edited:
If the GTPES (GTPlanet Endurance Series) ever starts again, one good thing about the PS4 is the ability to stream on line (twitch, youtube) so your teammates can watch the car. When we last ran the endurance series, you were pretty much locked to the official GTP stream on Youtube, unless one of your team mates had the hardware to do so. I really liked participating in the team 6, 12, 24 hour events and hope with the launch of GTS they are revived.
Don't worry, something is in the works ;)

Who would like to see these races in beta or on the final product but with players and obviously in arcade aswell. My passion for endurance racing began with GT3 oh how I miss those days

Yes, but on the scale of 30 minutes to 2 hours. If you have to stop to pee, it's too long.

Maybe a 3 hour race a few times a year for special occasions, or 2.4 hours to celebrate 24 hour races, but no more of the ridiculously long races that are just there to see how masochistic some gamers are.

Yes, but on the scale of 30 minutes to 2 hours. If you have to stop to pee, it's too long.

Maybe a 3 hour race a few times a year for special occasions, or 2.4 hours to celebrate 24 hour races, but no more of the ridiculously long races that are just there to see how masochistic some gamers are.
I think 30 min race with a 15 min qualifying would be just right but on the downside you need to have a field of consistent drivers

Back