Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
manchester-united-champions-europe-league.png

It's that time of year again.

Not the time of year when Europe's secondary club competition gets underway, it's the time where I take thirty seconds of my year to editorialise and congratulate my home town Connah's Quay Nomads on a superb 1-0 first leg home win against HJK Helsinki.

DDg-VQOXkAEQc43.jpg

DDg-VVLVYAQdBWN.jpg

This season's European football has once again kicked off in June and there were wins for Ireland's Shamrock Rovers and Cork City, as well as Scotland's Rangers. St Johnstone suffered a defeat and several Irish and Northern Irish clubs got hockeyed in their first leg qualifiers; Derry City, Coleraine and Ballymena United in addition to slender defeats for Wales' Bala Town and Bangor City.

---

The final will take place in Lyon on 18th May.

Last edited:
Horrible result for St.Johnstone. From what I could gather they weren't at their usual ability, probably still struggling after a pretty light pre-season.

Interested to see if they can turn it around away from home.

Great win for the Nomads against HJK. 👍

So...Rangers just went out to Progres Niederkorn of Luxembourg. I'm sorry, my Irish genes pretty much guarantee Schadenfreude on my part. :lol:

It's going to be a fun season for Pedro and Rangers this season.

:lol: :lol:

AC Milan draw CS Craiova (Romania) for their first Euro League qualifier. They enter in the 3rd round of qualification and will have to beat the opposition over two legs, before beating another team in a playoff if they hope to make it to the group stages.

Connah's Quay might have been tragically knocked out by HJK 3-1 on aggregate but it's not over for me quite yet.

Everton are playing MFK Ružomberok, which is only 3.5 hours and €11 away in mid-Slovakia. I'm hoping to go to the away leg next week if I can find out for sure whether you can pay on the gate or not.

AC Milan play the next stage tonight against KF Shkëndija in Macedonia. If they can win over the two leg affair they will move into the group stages.

Edit: I was incorrect. That was a home game for AC Milan and not in Macedonia. 6-0 win though so group stages are a lock.

Last edited:
Not being broadcast on any channels so Everton putting it on there youtube channel. Link below.

I knew Kessie would be good, but he's looking to be the signing of the season for AC Milan if he continues to play in this system. Position's himself everywhere and he's the kind of box-to-box midfielder you would love for your team. He played more on the right in Atalanta but this central role suits him more with his physical profile.

Full details of the draw are below.

Group A: Villarreal, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Astana, Slavia Prague

Group B: Dynamo Kiev, Young Boys, Partizan Belgrade, Skenderbeu

Group C: Braga, Ludogorets Razgrad, Hoffenheim, Istanbul Basaksehir

Group D: AC Milan, Austria Vienna, NK Rijeka, AEK Athens

Group E: Lyon, Everton, Atalanta, Apollon Limassol

Group F: FC Copenhagen, Lokomotiv Moscow, FC Sheriff, FC Zlin

Group G: Viktoria Plzen, FCSB, Hapoel Beer-Sheva, FC Lugano

Group H: Arsenal, BATE Borisov, Cologne, Red Star Belgrade

Group I: FC Salzburg, Marseille, Vitoria Guimaraes, Konyaspor

Group J: Athletic Bilbao, Hertha Berlin, Zorya Luhansk, Ostersunds

Group K: Lazio, Nice, Zulte Waregem, Vitesse Arnhem

Group L: Zenit St. Petersburg, Real Sociedad, Rosenborg, Vardar Skopje

The first group games will be played on Sept. 14.

They have sold out their 3,900 allocation but are bringing three times that amount!

To be fair this is their first time back in Europe for thirty years.

What are the odds of the match being postponed, pray tell? That away contingent seems to have spread across a good chunk of the stadium, bit of a mess all-round. Would be very surprised if they did start, what with the (delayed) kick-off being in 15 minutes...

Match did go ahead, Koln fans put on Arsenal shirts and tried to storm the home parts of the stadium, Police were heavily outnumbered and had to call on Riot Police, match was postponed by an hour whilst it was sorted out, they let them use an entire end of the stadium plus a few were dotted around with the home fans, four fans were arrested.

Match was worth the wait, Arsenal won 3-1 but were awful in the first half, Koln's Cordoba scored a Worldie from 35 yards but Arsenal were much better in the second half, Kolisniac, Sanchez and Bellerin scored to turn it around and Sanchez's was a beauty, all those Koln fans made for a cracking atmosphere.

Everton got battered 3-0 by Atalanta and were pretty shocking throughout and that's two 3-0's in a week now..

Europa League starts up again after its winter slumber with the knockouts, interesting game coming up is Ostersunds v Arsenal, Ostersunds are the little Swedish outfit who have had remarkable run from the Swedish fourth division in the last few years, Arsenal don't have a domestic game this weekend so they have put out a stronger team than they have done in this competition with Ozil and new signing Mkhitaryan both starting.

Celtic destroy Zenit 1-0, should have been 5-0. Missed opportunities will come back to haunt us in Russia but hi Europa, glad you missed us. ;)

EDIT; As I expected, awful performance in Russia. 2-0 HT. :lol:

Last edited:
Arsenal draw AC Milan in the Round of 16. Should be some good games if Milan can continue their recent run of form.

I can't watch it but the live updates don't sound good for Milan. Down 2 goals already.

Be glad because Milan were absolute ass. Arsenal didn't even have to defend at 50% because Milan themselves screwed up their opportunities.

AC Milan pulled it together to beat Genoa in the league yesterday but they will have all the work to do in the 2nd leg this week. At Arsenal and down 0-2 will take a miracle.

Back