:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: World Circuits > Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
  • Car Type: Courtesy Car
  • Make: JP > Subaru
  • Model: BRZ R&D Sport '12
  • Power: 345 HP (Stock HP in Courtesy Car)
  • Weight: 1,150kg
  • PP: NA
full

Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Racing Medium
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Adjustment Allowed
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Prohibited (Courtesy Car)
  • In-Race RA Functions: NA

Course Settings
:
  • Time: NA (Do not use weather adjustable track, your lap will be rejected)
  • Weather: 0/0/0
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and blue-and-white rumbles are track, no other surfaces are track.

Steward's Comments:
I tried using this car more than 3 years ago, way back in Week 22 of GT6 WRS. But PD brought in the 1.09 update in the middle of the week and it made all the cars slower. Exacerbating matters, we were not able to make adjustments to the car to keep things fair to participants who had not put down a lap, so we had to change to the base model and allow some tuning. It's all right there in the thread I linked above. So here we are, with the 86 I mean BRZ getting a chance at redemption. A Toyabaru at Honda's test track, I think they might try and 86 us.

full

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.

full

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on Skype or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 3 splits: T1 through T3 times
  • Any settings discussion

Splits Sharing

• WRS Participants have traditionally shared splits as a way to reveal their pace without providing the full lap time until the event deadline. Posting of splits is not mandatory, but is considered fair sportsmanship.
  • WRS Admins reserve the right to request posting of splits from members who show a pattern of avoidance or deception in this area.
  • If you fail to comply with a direct request from an admin to post splits for a current or future event, we reserve the right to disqualify your lap from the results.

full

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 186 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, August 14th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:

• Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

full

Good luck, :gtpflag:
OLR Team

Now I see it's on R2

Is that correct Kev @EDK ? I remember this car has massive grip with the stock tires

DTM
Now I see it's on R2

Is that correct Kev @EDK ? I remember this car has massive grip with the stock tires
Yes, it's correct. The car hated the curbs on Race Hards. I changed to these after back to back spins in turn 1. Approachable, but tricky to squeeze out all the tenths.

EDK
Yes, it's correct. The car hated the curbs on Race Hards. I changed to these after back to back spins in turn 1. Approachable, but tricky to squeeze out all the tenths.
Just to make sure, this is the non weather course right? Do they actually make a difference?

Just to make sure, this is the non weather course right? Do they actually make a difference?
Non-weather course.

Yeah, normally one version of a course is faster than the other, and not by a small amount. Can't recall for sure which way it goes, but I'm pretty sure the weather change version might be faster.

We had someone run a lap at Spa on the weather course on a week we were running non-weather and ask if they could submit it, but we don't allow that.

And a small improvement, have seen a couple more tenths at T3, but my last sector is tough to match and will continue to be. That last chicane is tough.

Even after quite a bit of running yesterday, I have not figured out how I am losing so much time in the 3rd sector.

It's two turns and I am giving away 6 tenths on my current splits.

I am using 3rd gear for both the left hand V turn and for the hairpin as well. I remember that damn license test at the hairpin on GT4, took me forever to gold that one. :ouch:

I have found with this car that using higher gears seems to help with grunt out of the corners, but admit that 3rd in the hairpin right hander is a bit low in the RPM's compared to other places.

I am braking at the start of the entry rumble for the V turn, and at the final marker sign for the hairpin.

What approach are you guys using for those turns?

EDK
I am braking at the start of the entry rumble for the V turn

On my current best lap I braked for this turn pretty much exactly when the very front of my car was parallel with the start of the white whatever it is before the rumble strip proper, downshifted to 2nd a little before the apex, then shifted back to 3rd just before the rumble strip started on the exit.

, and at the final marker sign for the hairpin.

My car was just about past the final marker when I braked for the hairpin, I took it in 2nd, then shifted back to 3rd when the exit rumble started. I'm definitely finding that being in a lower gear briefly in certain corners is reducing the understeer I've been having problems with.

On my current best lap I braked for this turn pretty much exactly when the very front of my car was parallel with the start of the white whatever it is before the rumble strip proper, downshifted to 2nd a little before the apex, then shifted back to 3rd just before the rumble strip started on the exit.

My car was just about past the final marker when I braked for the hairpin, I took it in 2nd, then shifted back to 3rd when the exit rumble started. I'm definitely finding that being in a lower gear briefly in certain corners is reducing the understeer I've been having problems with.
Thanks, that helps. That's the same braking point I am using for the V turn, and I will try the later point for the hairpin. I think the understeer was keeping me from trying something later.

Have not been using the blip down a gear temporarily trick, that was not a needed technique on the beta. The little tricks of the trade are slow to return, LOL.

Second gear full throttle is putting a fair amount of oversteer on the car, but I am guessing you are easing into it and gearing up to 3rd relatively early, from the technique you describe? Or is it more using 2nd to get in, and you are in 3rd when you are feeding in throttle?

EDK
Second gear full throttle is putting a fair amount of oversteer on the car, but I am guessing you are easing into it and gearing up to 3rd relatively early, from the technique you describe? Or is it more using 2nd to get in, and you are in 3rd when you are feeding in throttle?

Easing into it, yes, not sure about the early shifting, haven't got the replay in front of me so there's no chance I'll remember right now. :lol:

For the hairpin braking point, it seemed to work, a little gap to the apex but I think that worked for that turn. I think it may have been incompetence though, I felt like I screwed up the previous exit, so my speed may have been compromised. When I typed it out I was just writing what I was seeing and didn't think it may sound like I was saying that was definitely the right way. I really need to sleep more. :dopey:

Reactions: EDK
Easing into it, yes, not sure about the early shifting, haven't got the replay in front of me so there's no chance I'll remember right now. :lol:

For the hairpin braking point, it seemed to work, a little gap to the apex but I think that worked for that turn. I think it may have been incompetence though, I felt like I screwed up the previous exit, so my speed may have been compromised. When I typed it out I was just writing what I was seeing and didn't think it may sound like I was saying that was definitely the right way. I really need to sleep more. :dopey:
Thanks, that gives me some ideas to try. When I tried second gear, I was not patient with the throttle so never got an idea of the potential. Must be that being below 5,000 RPM in 3rd gear is a bad thing.

I am guilty as always of dropping to lower gears for a split second to get the higher rotation speed mid bend and point the nose to the exit quicker, but I do that in every combo tbh, So yep I blip to 2nd on the tighter turns and back to 3rd very quick and it works for me.
Although 3rd is faster for exit speed and the obvious gear to use on some turns the 2nd gear lets you turn it in much quicker and if you do it quick enough it can make all the difference and your exit speed shouldn't be too much slower. :)

I don't know any sections by name but they were all awkward enough to give me some crazy shoulder pain for hours after racing this morning, tore my rotator cuff at the beginning of the year and this combo is the first one to remind me!

Will try again in a few more days.. GL guys 👍

20 laps. I wouldn't know how to handle this after 2000.
For instance, the way the ghost was left guarding the exit of the last corner was really surprising.

Got my first 45 laps under my belt. Brings back a lot of good memories this track. Joy and frustration. So far the joy part, the frustration comes with the next 100 laps and hopefully finish it of with the joy part again.

Here a lap of a very old seasonal event of mine. One that had a lot of blood sweat and tears :lol: When i was still running my Roomboter account. filmed from 3 different views

DTM
Got my first 45 laps under my belt. Brings back a lot of good memories this track. Joy and frustration. So far the joy part, the frustration comes with the next 100 laps and hopefully finish it of with the joy part again.

Here a lap of a very old seasonal event of mine. One that had a lot of blood sweat and tears :lol: When i was still running my Roomboter account. filmed from 3 different views

OH that supra looks so bad

Reactions: DTM
Hi,

what does Car Type: Courtesy Car mean?

i had a BRZ R&D in my garage but fetchy rejected it:

Submission for week 186 is REJECTED!
Errors:
CarType setting is invalid

D.

1'00.252
1'23.969

I was wondering:does anyone know what the effect is of the constant changing temperature on the track?

Back