• Tier 3: Renault Sport RS01

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tier 3: RX Lites International

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
With the release of Project CARS 2 nearing a month away thus being a month away from starting our own careers, we can discuss the Career Mode of Project CARS 2 without feeling too annoyed about waiting.

I'm torn between Ginetta Juniors and Karting. Want to see how Karting has improved from PC1 and love watching Ginetta Juniors IRL. Plus, everyone is going for Formula Rookie in videos.

I'll be starting with the Ginetta Juniors and working my way up the GT classes to the WEC.
My 2nd career will be an open wheel career.

Voted Porsche Cayman.

I want to start on something really good right of the bat. I guess the ideal is to have multiple carrers so that i can also try the open wheelers...

I will definitely start out in Karts this go around. Without the mysterious "sticking" physics issue and better Karting physics in general, that should be a great discipline this time. I would like to go from Karts to the Ginetta G5 Series. I hope it is possible to go from discipline to discipline within the same Tier.

Last edited:
GT4. Cayman almost got me, because it's closest to Carrera Cup, but I'm looking at it from where I live. Closest thing to Production Car racing in the game is GT4.

If I do multiple C'hips, I'll stick to Group A(as there is big Heritage Touring Car series here) and Group 5. Also, Trans Am(closest thing to Touring Car Masters and Muscle Car Masters).

That's a good way to look at it, go with what is prominent in your area.

For me then it would be

Karts - Ginetta GT5 - GT4/Cayman - Super Trofeo (quick to get it out of the way) - GT3 - PWC. I'm trying to remember in PC1 can you go from one style to another, say LMP3 to Formula B or GT4 to LMP2?

You could always start in Tier 6 and do both. ;)
Thanks! I mind warped Tier 5 & 6 into one tier when selecting! I've had a change of heart & have redone it starting with karts, then I'll go to Ginetta GT5, then GT4, then either Super Trofeo or Group 5. I would rather like to pilot the Hurracan in GT3 later on so Group 5 may end up being my choice for varieties sake at Tier 3.

I start in Tier 6 but do not know in which class yet. Luckily I/we have 39 days left to think about that. Maybe just like PC1 in the karts?
So for now I voted Tier 6 karting.

I found the Clio Cup Series and Ginetta GT5 Series quite frustrating and kinda boring if I'm honest. I'm desperate to start in GT4 this time round because the vehicle selection looks fantastic.

I won't start the career straight away - I'll be too busy testing cars and tracks for online championships that I'll be hosting. If the game is relatively bug free I'll be transitioning championships from PC1 to PC2 as soon as possible after launch. I haven't got round to doing the PC1 career yet.

I'll keep an eye on GT Planet and see what people are enjoying most, then when I do get started on the career it'll probably be one of the lower grip, lower power series.

@jake2013guy perhaps you should add an option to the survey - Not starting the career.

I won't start the career straight away - I'll be too busy testing cars and tracks for online championships that I'll be hosting. If the game is relatively bug free I'll be transitioning championships from PC1 to PC2 as soon as possible after launch. I haven't got round to doing the PC1 career yet.

I'll keep an eye on GT Planet and see what people are enjoying most, then when I do get started on the career it'll probably be one of the lower grip, lower power series.

@jake2013guy perhaps you should add an option to the survey - Not starting the career.
That's your answer though: "Maybe starting one of the lower group...".

I won't be starting career right away, but that's not what the poll is about. Not when, but which one.

That's your answer though: "Maybe starting one of the lower group...".

I won't be starting career right away, but that's not what the poll is about. Not when, but which one.

I kind of disagree. While indeed it's an rather unconventional answer people who won't be rushing into carreer are an interesting dataset.

Look at it this way, if you want to check what religious beliefs a certain demographic holds your statistical analasys would be worthless if it wouldn't include the option for people to mark as atheistic or unaffiliated. This while they don't parttake in said religious activities

Same goes for the people who won't rush in or do carreer. For @Sick Cylinder this is setting up leagues. I'm wondering why others won't parttake in carreermode :D

I kind of disagree. While indeed it's an rather unconventional answer people who won't be rushing into carreer are an interesting dataset.

Look at it this way, if you want to check what religious beliefs a certain demographic holds your statistical analasys would be worthless if it wouldn't include the option for people to mark as atheistic or unaffiliated. This while they don't parttake in said religious activities

Same goes for the people who won't rush in or do carreer. For @Sick Cylinder this is setting up leagues. I'm wondering why others won't parttake in carreermode :D
What if those that do tick not doing a career and wind up doing one after the poll or vice versa?

Edit: So hyped right now. Might change my vote
20120101_124947_HDR-640x360.jpg

20120101_125002-344x194.jpg

Last edited:
im not familiar with lime rock like that but if its added in as dlc and my choice for lmp3 would result in something with multiclass racing with idk lmp3 gte gt4 then my choice in picking lmp3 would be ultimate. Hopefully Le Mans is in the WEC career choice like in real life.

I picked carts, just to see how much the physics changed. I know it's 16 online, but how many offline?

Clio cup provided the best,closest racing for me in PC1...so il start with that then Ginettas,and through the GTs.

Not bothered about karts really.

Either Formula Rookie or Ginetta Jr.

Loved both in PCars, most likely Formula Rookie as it most likely means racing with them at Oulton Park, and that's a great combo.

Thinking about it more. I'm gonna start with GT4 class :) So i can unlock the GT3 class which is my favorite

One of my favorite things to in PCars1 is to do GT3 races with the McLaren 12C GT3 :)

Back