• Thread starter Famine
  • 817 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
You might remember this post on the blog just over a month ago, about a GTPlanet member who bought himself a GT Academy pod.

This kind of gave us an idea. Well, that and the fact I once built a 12-person LAN setup in my 17x7ft garage.

Has anyone else gone to some rather strange lengths to build themselves a little - or large - Gran Turismo mancave? It doesn't have to be quite as fancy as Julian's purpose-built pod, but anything that's a space in your house centred on Gran Turismo (or originally centred on GT - some may have adapted to include other games by now).

If you think you qualify, or think you know someone who does, respond below or fire anyone on the editorial team a Conversation message.

I don't have one, but there is the place down the road from here. A large building with lots of seats. People go every Sunday and kneel at an alter and drink the blood and eat the flesh of Kazunori Yamauchi. Huge fans.

Well I think it was Kazunori Yamauchi anyway. I wasn't really listening, I was too busy praying for a Livery Editor in Gran Turismo.

I'm actually amazed by the lack of responses here. I thought we had some incredible Gran Turismo fanatics on GTPlanet - hell, we've got a guy (@syntex123) who got himself a Gran Turismo tattoo!

It doesn't have to be quite as hardcore as that, or @Jules_r's genuine GT5/6 racing pod , or that Youtuber that literally built a racing rig out of the front half of an Opel Astra - anything you've done in your own home in order to enjoy some Gran Turismo.

I'll even go first, in case anyone's nervous:
Well, that and the fact I once built a 12-person LAN setup in my 17x7ft garage.
UKGTP10_2.jpg
UKGTP14_1.JPG

Yeah, it was cosy, and yes we duct-taped CRTs to the walls in the 2010 version. Points for recognising the GTPlanet members in the photos :lol:

I'm actually amazed by the lack of responses here. I thought we had some incredible Gran Turismo fanatics on GTPlanet...

I think most people have already posted pics of their set ups in the Hardware forum, & there is also a dedicated thread there somewhere, as well as lots of threads of individual ones. Me & three mates did a LAN thing back in the PS2 days in GT3, & it was a lot of fun. Looks like you guys had a blast too.

:)

I've just placed an order for the Rseat N1.
Also have a shiny new LG C7 being delivered tomorrow to sit proudly on the TV stand.

The decision of a new wheel is causing me to spend far too much time watching youtube videos. :irked:
But I'm going to have to make the call very soon.

So with that in mind, perhaps I'll post a pic. or 2 in about a week when everything is delivered and set up.

I'm actually amazed by the lack of responses here.

It's also a little to soon, I've yet to choose what wheel to buy for PS4 and then I'll have to design and rebuild the stand for it so the angle and distances to the wheel, pedals and gear stick match my Elise. Hopefully it will be as easy to swap the pedals around and mount them upside down like I did here for the PS3:
DSC00878.JPG

Last edited:
Nothing stunning, but it does the work pretty well since 7 years now.

My father's ex-office chair, which is a bit broken now, and my T150. The bookshelf had to be reinforced since I broke it during a GT Academy session (2013 IIRC) :
Zu2m31G.png

The driver's view with the 82 cm TV :

x4wIKzu.png

A general view :

kXVpEWJ.png

Cheers for the mention @Famine, and wow what a memory! Thought everyone had forgotten about my tattoo by now. :lol: Even though I’m a fanatic like you put it, my setup is quite embarrassing. A 52" Samsung plasma smart TV and a Dualshock 4. Can’t afford a proper setup yet.. or a better TV :lol:

EDit: forgot to mention for sound I use Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX/Dolby/DTS surround directly connected to the PS4 with an optical cable.

Last edited:
YQ7Xs8N.jpg

PS3 died on me Wednesday, so picked up a PS4 today and preordered GTS LE

And here's real life

AJvUM8M.jpg

Nice S2000! And I don’t know exactly how you did that to the G25 wheel, but it looks sick!

Currently going to buy a T-150. Not too big into the Fanatec CSL or the Thrustmaster T300RS. Only Logitech wheel I’ve really used was the Driving Force that was used on Gran Turismo 3, and that was tons o’ fun!

Build it a while back after I've bought the T150 steering wheel. Still had the monitor which was collecting dust. And I stole ;-) the seat from my parents.
Apart from the steering wheel, I only spend about €30~€40 on building materials. Still thinking about mounting my old 5.1 home cinema set to it.

But I'm really happy how it turned out. Having a lot of fun with it.
_20171022_093417.JPG
_20171022_093202.JPG

I've spent about 3000 USD on it (Rig, TV, wheel, wheel rims, PS4, tablet etc). I will eventually build a Gaming PC, the monitor stand came with 2 arms that aren't seen here for triple monitor support.
Damn, I'm trying to get your job. :lol:

Nice pimp. I have a budget gaming PC. Hopefully when I get this bonus next month I'll upgrade my CPU to a Ryzen or i7.

Dont have a picture of my own but this is what i use. Wheel Stand Pro. Just the stick is mounted next to the wheel in mine to save space when folded.

I'd recommend this to anyone. Very handy as it folds down and very adjustable to be used with all kinds of sets and by all kinds of racers. Very rigid and steady. Costs just around 100€/$ i guess. Shifter stand is optional extra.

Just see that you order the one ment for your wheel. Even though i have used mine (driving force gt version) with t150 and g29 too..

images

Last edited:
Here's my setup. Just had my first three online races in GTS. Lotsa fun! My wife gets annoyed so I took my OLD Playseat and put some wheels on the suckah.

Attachments

• 21728308_10214900161364574_2889412325700658931_n.jpg
    21728308_10214900161364574_2889412325700658931_n.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 21730904_10214900161524578_6627875221462528082_n.jpg
    21730904_10214900161524578_6627875221462528082_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 172
Gave it all up for more time with my family. Went back to the couch with my controller. My set up started from GT5 prologue until GT Sport. Sadly missed but time with family is way more important. Race rigs becomes a life away all around you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 54.JPG
    54.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 72.JPG
    72.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 91.JPG
    91.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
My system not compatible yet with GT Sport, but already ordered GIMX controller adapter and still looking for cheap PS4 slim just for GTS experience. This is my system :

- OSW Simucube wheel base
- Fanatec V3 Pedal system
- 40 inch Sony Bravia 1080p LED TV
- custom made 8020 TV mount
- custom made cockpit

Back