First impressions PC2

• Thread starter jonyvf
  • 267 comments
I'd say this could be done fine in the Reviews thread. Considering reviews are reduced after release. Instead turning it into a Reviews and First Impressions thread.

If I enter a full grid race, multi class or same class and I see a swarm of just 3 or 4 different types of cars instead of all the cars available for the respective classes I am going to be deeply disappointed.

I'd say this could be done fine in the Reviews thread. Considering reviews are reduced after release. Instead turning it into a Reviews and First Impressions thread.

Agreed, or at the very least the OP opening with their thoughts.
I came here expecting a GTP user review.

Guys sorry for my antecipation with this topic but the game is out tomorrow and some guys have the game for sure today :)

I have it since yesterday (in Italy release date is today) but i'm downloading the patch (it is 13 giga on PS4 and my line is bad) I will put my review on key things ASAP... but surely others will be faster. I Will check multigrid as asked.

My first impression: horrible.

Almost undriveable with my G29. Set the sensitivity to 100% (while SMS recommends 50%) and still get serious understeering, same as no real feedback from the cars. It's my disappointment of the day. Hope they fix that in the next few days.

Almost undriveable with my G29. Set the sensitivity to 100% (while SMS recommends 50%) and still get serious understeering, same as no real feedback from the cars. It's my disappointment of the day. Hope they fix that in the next few days.
Would you say it’s worse than pCARS 1, in your opinion?

Jeez how could it be :eek: Surely to god not.
That’s why I asked. I certainly felt that FFB in pCARS 1 was acceptable, maybe not perfect, but good enough. He said it’s horrible in pCARS 2, so I wanted to see how it compared to pCARS 1 to make up my own mind of the validity of his statement.

Would you say it’s worse than pCARS 1, in your opinion?
It's bad. Really really bad. Simply impossible to be fast with such an understeering.

My G29 works perfectly with pCARS1 (although it doesn't feel as accurate as Assetto Corsa, it's enjoyable with pCARS1). In pCARS2 I don't even get more feedback when I change the FFB profiles.

It's bad. Really really bad. Simply impossible to be fast with such an understeering.

My G29 works perfectly with pCARS1 (although it doesn't feel as accurate as Assetto Corsa, it's enjoyable with pCARS1). In pCARS2 I don't even get more feedback when I change the FFB profiles.
Ok, I have a feeling that this is due to the default setup being tuned for a controller and being understeery. The patch that allows you to select “loose” setups for consoles isn’t out yet, so hold your horses or you can try adjusting the setups for now. At least now I understand why you had such a reaction.

Ok, I have a feeling that this is due to the default setup being tuned for a controller and being understeery. The patch that allows you to select “loose” setups for consoles isn’t out yet, so hold your horses or you can try adjusting the setups for now. At least now I understand why you had such a reaction.
Any idea when that patch drops for consoles? You would of thought it was a must for the day 1 patch.

Hi,

thrustmaster t300 is fine. Just changed FFB from default 50-> 30.

Have a bit trouble in free practice and quali, during pitstop there is no refulling by the crew. In the active strategy I have set a refull of 25L.

Tirechange works, but only what is set in the strategy. No way to change type of new tires during a session, eg while entering the pits like it was in PC1.

D.

This doesn't sound at all like the game we made. You shouldn't touch the sensitivity slider, and I even doubt it does anything for a wheel.
When you're understeering everywhere, my first reaction is that you're going too fast and/or your tyres are still cold. The safe/stable set-ups are tuned towards understeer, but they're not impossible to drive with.

As for the feedback, do you mean it doesn't do what you expect, or you're not getting any FFB signal at all?

Isn't "re"view another view? say, like after a patch?

Why did you adjust sensitivity (which as always, should be read as linearity, hence, 50%) for understeer?

What car? and what track and most importantly, WHAT session :)

You sure you're not on cold tyres on an unrubbered track? try the same car / track in timetrial please and report back.

/edit

@redi

guess ninja'ing it's in your nature... c'mon, here too? :D :D

Hi,

thrustmaster t300 is fine. Just changed FFB from default 50-> 30.

Have a bit trouble in free practice and quali, during pitstop there is no refulling by the crew. In the active strategy I have set a refull of 25L.

Tirechange works, but only what is set in the strategy. No way to change type of new tires during a session, eg while entering the pits like it was in PC1.

D.

Check the series' rules. Some don't allow refueling during practice or quali sessions.

I got my copy early and spent several hours with multiplayer.

It's very buggy, whenever people join a session there are extreme frame-rate drops for about a second, it's impossible to mute everyone by default, and there's no "quick race" feature - you've got to search through custom-made lobbies, which all have different rules. After qualifying, you always have to wait a couple of minutes for every player to hit "ready", and there's always someone who forgets about this, forcing everyone to wait something like a whole minute extra.

Multiplayer really lacks polish.

This doesn't sound at all like the game we made. You shouldn't touch the sensitivity slider, and I even doubt it does anything for a wheel.
When you're understeering everywhere, my first reaction is that you're going too fast and/or your tyres are still cold. The safe/stable set-ups are tuned towards understeer, but they're not impossible to drive with.

As for the feedback, do you mean it doesn't do what you expect, or you're not getting any FFB signal at all?
No - it has nothing to do with car tuning/setup. For example, I've to fully rotate the steering wheel when taking an average curve, as if it were a hairpin. Setting sensitivity to 100% makes it possible to drive, but nowhere near 'fast'.

Regarding FFB... it's really dull... even when I select the 'raw' ('Roh' in German, I don't know if it's really called raw in the english game) profile

I got my copy early and spent several hours with multiplayer.

It's very buggy, whenever people join a session there are extreme frame-rate drops for about a second, it's impossible to mute everyone by default, and there's no "quick race" feature - you've got to search through custom-made lobbies, which all have different rules. After qualifying, you always have to wait a couple of minutes for every player to hit "ready", and there's always someone who forgets about this, forcing everyone to wait something like a whole minute extra.

Multiplayer really lacks polish.
I think other than the fps drops, everything else is not a bug and works as intended. We knew that there was no “quick game” feature, and the extra time allows you to tune your setup and adjust pit strategy, so it’s a welcome addition I think.

No - it has nothing to do with car tuning/setup. For example, I've to fully rotate the steering wheel when taking an average curve, as if it were a hairpin. Setting sensitivity to 100% makes it possible to drive, but nowhere near 'fast'.
That sounds wrong. Do you have the wheel at 900 degrees and did you calibrate it properly in the game?

That sounds wrong. Do you have the wheel at 900 degrees and did you calibrate it properly in the game?
I did the calibration process several times, always ending up with radius "100"/ turn "180", G29 properly recognized.

Latest Posts

Back