GT Sport big disappointment

• Thread starter Brriskk
  • 227 comments
United States
United States
Ever since the first Gran turismo I was a huge fan. Well I think if you played all the Gran Turismo games well I would always make sure I have all gold medals in all license group before I start racing. So yea huge amount of time spent playing all those games. When it comes to driving and sound interior graphics it’s really impressing, I have 2 cars I played so far in Gran Turisom and sound acceleration gearing it’s all there. But on previous games there was so many single player events than modifying and so many things what I loved about it. Like who actually cares about car manufacturers history lessons, I mean what’s google for... anyways I expected much more waiting for a game this long

>But on previous games there was so many single player events

Well, now u have Driving, Mission and Circuit challenges.

It's almost the same.

U can't pick whichever car u want, for accomplishing those challenges, but more or less it's the same idea.

U will get rewarded for your efforts, with money, cars, gaming experience and so on.

And last but not least, if u accomplish all those tasks with success, u will be able to drive better and faster on the tracks.

So, always look on the bright side. ;)

>But on previous games there was so many single player events

Well, now u have Driving, Mission and Circuit challenges.

It's almost the same.

U can't pick whichever car u want, for accomplishing those challenges, but more or less it's the same idea.

U will get rewarded for your efforts, with money, cars, gaming experience and so on.

And last but not least, if u accomplish all those tasks with success, u will be able to drive better and faster on the tracks.

So, always look on the bright side. ;)

I couldn't have said it better.

Its pretty much an awful GT game, a decent game on its own that Sport.

No mods and legends like 3000gt Supra exetera is really killing it for me. I freaking found it boring after half hour.

Well, if you think it makes much more fun playing with those stupid generated bots like it was on GT5 or GT6, then most probably that's not the game for you.

If you think you have the nerves to participate against real drivers all over the world, then YES, that game makes much more fun in relation to the previous GT ones.

But that's subjective i guess. ;)

Last edited:
You guys get me wrong I still love and enjoy the game, I’m about to get get the steering and the seat for it so yes I’m gonna spend some money on it because I love the game and no other car games can compare to it in my opinion. I’m saying I expected more, and especially I hate the car history lesson waist of space

Well, if u think it makes much more fun playing with those stupid generated bots like it was on GT5 or GT6, then most probably that's not the game for u.

If u think u have the nerves to participate against real drivers all over the world, then YES, that game makes much more fun in relation to the previous GT ones.

Yahh i'v been on the track in real life. so nerve racking racing in a videogame with kids. lol

So to make online fun or online racing work, they had to destroy anything else that was great about Gt ?

well thats PD and kaz for you. one step forward 7 steps back.

I miss bodykits and rear wings too, but we got a livery editor and can still change wheels. It still has the classic GT feel to me, just updated and modern. I don't need 1000 kei cars or sedans that are family haulers. Most of GT's old games had duplicates in the way that you get 10 versions of the R34 GTR. For what? PD realized this and it was just boasting big numbers. I was a fan of that myself. But when I go back to GT6, I didn't have the latest FIA GT3 cars, I didn't have Porsche's. I didn't have the new NSX. It's a trade off, but a better game now imo. Even though we lost a lot of stuff, we gained a lot more with less- if that makes sense.

Well, if u think it makes much more fun playing with those stupid generated bots like it was on GT5 or GT6, then most probably that's not the game for u.

If u think u have the nerves to participate against real drivers all over the world, then YES, that game makes much more fun in relation to the previous GT ones.

And I do like participate against real drivers all my driving assists are off always manual transmission same like in real life ;)

Please avoid using text-speak ("u" instead of "you"). It's one of the requirements you agreed to when signing up to GTPlanet. 👍

Since I purchased a PS4 specifically for this game, and use the controller, it's taking me some time to get used to it. But so far, I'm not very impressed. And it's super damn hard compared to GT6 IMO.
It’s actually as real as it gets to real life driving, both of my cars in real life handle red line everything sound is the same as in the game. That’s why it probably took them so long to make it to make it real as possible

I had two hours playing GTS from when it became available at 12 am, through to 2 am, I'm counting down the hours here at work until I can get home and get back into it!

I am really impressed, it's a whole level of polish above and beyond PCars2 which has been somewhat of a disappointment for me. Absolutely no regrets whatsoever, it looks beautiful and handles like a charm. Oh, and it sounds really good too, no more vacuum cleaners.

I had made up my mind quite some time ago that I wasn't going to buy GTS, and was not happy with the direction PD are taking. However, once I started reading peoples overwhelmingly positive experiences with the demo, and doing some more investigation of the game myself, I ended up preordering. I couldn't be happier.

It's very nostalgic for me playing GT again after a 10 year absence. GT 4 was my last one because in 2007 I purchased an Xbox 360 and was playing the Forza series for the next 7 years.

To me GTS is different to what went before with the franchise, but also quite familiar. I embrace the change. There's loads of offline stuff to do (custom race is a huge draw card for me never mind all the missions and time trials etc etc), & sport mode has the potential to be something quite special once everything shakes out and settles down. Perhaps GTS will be the iRacing of the console world that many have been hoping for. Also, the livery editor is an incredible addition.

As for a previous poster saying it's super difficult now, imo that's great news.

Awesome job Polyphony. :cheers:

Can somebody explain to me why "car collecting" and "iRacing" are mutually exclusive features? GT5 and GT6 both had online modes, they just didn't work very well. Now PD have seemingly fixed the online mode, but nearly obliterated offline features? No classic cars? PD are robbing Peter to pay Paul, and I don't approve.

The car list is poor :( i dont mean i want more than1000+ cars but srsly Nissan only have one car and it can be on any group lol GR4,GR3 and N600 but how GRB?
the new GT mod is fun but too short

I'm having fun with the missions after golding all the driving tests.
While the game is definitely fun, there are a number of things I'm disappointed with:

- The FFB on my T300RS is atrocious. It's way too heavy and it's clipping all the time.
- IMO, the physics are a step backwards from GT6. The cars do not behave how I would expect especially when you push them over the limit. The FWD cars feel completely weird.
- The driving tests are too easy. There is no challenge to get gold.
- You'll get through all the campaign stuff in a couple of hours.

I'm having fun with the missions after golding all the driving tests.
While the game is definitely fun, there are a number of things I'm disappointed with:

- The FFB on my T300RS is atrocious. It's way too heavy and it's clipping all the time.
- IMO, the physics are a step backwards from GT6. The cars do not behave how I would expect especially when you push them over the limit. The FWD cars feel completely weird.
- The driving tests are too easy. There is no challenge to get gold.
- You'll get through all the campaign stuff in a couple of hours.
I definitely need a steering wheel, it’s hard especially lot of power rwd with controller can’t get used to giving only a little throttle in the turns. I was thinking t300rs but I see lot of complains about being too heavy and clipping so I’m thinking about going Logitech

Its pretty much an awful GT game, a decent game on its own that Sport.

No mods and legends like 3000gt Supra exetera is really killing it for me. I freaking found it boring after half hour.

I feel like this is going too far away from the Gran Turismo we know and used to love. It just looks like a regular racing game for me now, I'm not saying it's bad or anything it's just that I missed what made Gran Turismo, the unique tracks (give me Tsukuba back for god sake) and the unique cars (old super gt cars, gt300 cars, etc..).

I definitely need a steering wheel, it’s hard especially lot of power rwd with controller can’t get used to giving only a little throttle in the turns. I was thinking t300rs but I see lot of complains about being too heavy and clipping so I’m thinking about going Logitech
The t300rs afaik is better than anything logitech is doing. If you want a step up from a t300 go for a fanatec but you'll pay the price too.

The t300rs afaik is better than anything logitech is doing. If you want a step up from a t300 go for a fanatec but you'll pay the price too.[/QUOTE]
So u don’t think Logitech p29 is worth $300 I never had a steering wheel for games so I don’t wanna pay something 300 which I won’t use

We have had six or more instalments of the same old format. Do you really want to the same old GT over and over again? I don't. I got bored of GT6 very quickly. Times change. Online gaming is the present and future. People would complain if GT didn't change. You can't win. Keep it up PD.

Ever since the first Gran turismo I was a huge fan. Well I think if you played all the Gran Turismo games well I would always make sure I have all gold medals in all license group before I start racing. So yea huge amount of time spent playing all those games. When it comes to driving and sound interior graphics it’s really impressing, I have 2 cars I played so far in Gran Turisom and sound acceleration gearing it’s all there. But on previous games there was so many single player events than modifying and so many things what I loved about it. Like who actually cares about car manufacturers history lessons, I mean what’s google for... anyways I expected much more waiting for a game this long
You can create your own event in arcade mode. Wouldn't that be fun? Also, campaign also has some great events. Dont think offline content is any less this time.

This is Classic GT.

As for cars its subjective. They can add it as a DLC which you are looking for.

Most important thing is driving is nailed by PD. Find a car and just drive man.

Latest Posts

Back