Server down?

• Thread starter suprajef
  • 94 comments
I wish I hadn't bought the Digital version of this game... It would definitely be 2nd hand in a shop by now if it was a disc copy! How many more times will we lose data just when we think everything is stable? PD should be ashamed to make so much money this week and cause all this pointless frustration in the same breath bah 👎

Not being able to see or is it a major concern to me , I just wish they would decide to do maintenance at a normal hour and not in the middle of a brand new game week . And if somebody could explain to me what the problem with the T 500 is I would greatly appreciate it

I wish I hadn't bought the Digital version of this game... It would definitely be 2nd hand in a shop by now if it was a disc copy! How many more times will we lose data just when we think everything is stable? PD should be ashamed to make so much money this week and cause all this pointless frustration in the same breath bah 👎
Well it doesn't matter because all is online

Here is what gran-turismo said

Issues planned to be fixed in the next update
■Controller・Usability
- An issue wherein there's excessive force feedback strength when using the Thrustmaster T500RS steering controller causing understeer (this will be addressed at a later date);

its more like excessive force feedback and vibrating when you turn the wheel to a certain point or when you start to lose grip it will also happen and when the heavy ffb and vibrating kicks in you cant use the wheel until it stop so it slows you way down

Absolute rubbish. If I have made milage progress toward 'daily workout' or whatever, in arcade mode, then find that the server is down, if I shutdown the game do I lose that progress?

Here is what gran-turismo said

Issues planned to be fixed in the next update
■Controller・Usability
- An issue wherein there's excessive force feedback strength when using the Thrustmaster T500RS steering controller causing understeer (this will be addressed at a later date);

its more like excessive force feedback and vibrating when you turn the wheel to a certain point or when you start to lose grip it will also happen
It's a problem on all Thrustmaster wheels. Hopefully this patches the problem for everyone.
I really hope they don't just focus on the high end wheels...

oh no way ? so everyone with t300 t500 in the same boat??
I have a T150. Thing sounds like a baby jackhammer when I turn the wheel to much. Can't speak for others but I've seen others post the same problem.

As frustrating as all the maintenance is, at least PD is being diligent in supporting their product post-launch. Not a surprise given their history. Kaz may be a perfectionist to a fault, which certainly has its draw backs, but ongoing refinement of a game isn't one of them.

I just hope enough people talk about the online-only saving so that PD will do something about it and let us save offline.

I don't know if there's people here who told Kaz on Twitter about it, but if you feel like you could send him a word or two about this, do it.

Was having a brainwave in the Livery Editor earlier, then it happened. Ugh.
1xzwx0.jpg

Last edited:
I just hope enough people talk about the online-only saving so that PD will do something about it and let us save offline.

I don't know if there's people here who told Kaz on Twitter about it, but if you feel like you could send him a word or two about this, do it.

I did, I wrote my thoughs yesterday on another thread here and submit him the link on twitter, but most probably he ignores it/takes it as spam :(

Given the backlash of online only saves, it would be crazy for it not to eventually be patched with an offline redundancy. I'm sure safeguards could be coded to prevent save data abuse- I have a few ideas, but then again I'm not on their payroll.

Latest Posts

Back