Tell us about your Nations and Manufacturers race

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 427 comments
Sweden
Umeå
Many of us have finished these races now so I thought that it would be a good idea to share our experiences. :)

Personally I really enjoyed these races. The presentation, qualifying, amount of cars and race length made them feel like a more serious deal. I was really giving it my all and had some great battles, even though I ended up in rather bad positions at the end of them both.

My Nations race: I was driving the TT Cup and I qualified at a 4th position. Everything was going rather smoothly until half way through the first lap, where I went wide and hit a wall. I instantly dropped to 18th position which felt devastating. I cursed for a couple of seconds but quickly pulled myself together and started chasing the cars ahead. We had some really good battles in a group of four that constantly traveled close to each other. I had a rough time with the Aston and Alfa but I managed pull through and created a gap between us. The TT Cup has some really good braking capabilities which is great for overtaking or getting ahead in tight corners.

My Manufacturers race: I drove the Audi R8 LMS (the only one to do so) and I qualified last. I had never driven on Suzuka prior to this race, which at first made me think that I was gonna skip it. But then I remembered that you get points for these races and I really didn't want to miss out on them. So I did what I could and tried to learn the track in warm up and qualifying. Sadly it was not good enough to give me a favourable starting position. The race itself was quite rough and I went off the track a couple of times and had a really crazy spin mid-race. I managed to gain good speed in a lot of corners at the end which got me up to position 15. I also got lucky with a couple of cars that spun out at the end. Overall not the best race experience, but it was still very fun. :)

Overall enjoyed my 2 races but both came with some frustrating niggles:

I qualified 12th in the Nations Cup - which I opted to do first rather than the Manufacturer Series - and within around the 5th lap I was in P2. So far so good, until I start approaching the racer in last place in an attempt to lap him. I have no idea whether it was hacks or a really really woeful internet connection but his car was literally flying and spawning all over the place in front of me and there's absolutely nothing I can do except hope for the best. Of course, knowing my luck, when his car was appearing about 5 seconds ahead of me on the main straight, it suddenly decided to spawn directly in front of - backwards - which somehow made me crash straight into him. Immediately after the incident he just spawned directly at the first corner which realistically would have been impossible as the collision occurred half way down the straight. To add insult to injury, he didn't even finish last! Instead that title went to the poor guy I was battling for P4 early on in the race who suffered the same fate as me with the 'glitchy-racer' so I count myself lucky to have taken P7.

Undeterred, I headed into the next available race in the Manufacturer Series where I qualified 6th. Unfortunately, I was rear-ended in the first lap on the second-to-last corner which miraculously only cost me 3 or 4 positions after working my way up to P5. I had P7 to myself for the rest of the race after clawing my way back up. The guy who rear-ended me took P5 immediately after the collision before he proceeded to fall off and finish stone dead last. Karma you beautiful 🤬.

Only got to go into the nations race.

Qualified 6th but after some unfortunate braking mistakes in my Corvette I ended up 10/20. Good fun though even though I don't like the track beacuse it's too wide and straight for my liking. Really enjoy the intro to the races with all the drivers and the little celebration for the winner at the end. I know it's mostly fluff but does a lot for immersion I think.

So far I really enjoy it, though I doubt I'll be able to really participate in all the races.

First Nations race was bugged for me, as I said in the other thread. After the prerace intro, the camera wouldn't leave its position where you see the cars zigzag to warm up their tires, leaving our cars to crash as if no one was driving them. Then it quit back into the race selection screen with the Nations Cup locked until tomorrow.

Not a great first impression there, really. =/

Nations race was fine for me, bit of aggressiveness from some but not too bad.

Manufacturer's - Qualified 10th, reached 5 a couple laps in on Suzuka, then a person hip checks me off course in the first turn and keeps going. Was annoyed but kept trucking. A couple of laps later another person does it in the exact same spot. I'm in the B sportsmanship rating so I wasn't expecting it to be so dirty. Will probably look to GTPlanet leagues for competition.

During day practiced by starting lobbies and had good races with same settings of each race. Did 3x10 lappers. Got comfortable with cars. Jag F.
9-1150 worked fast in studio to do 5 hours work in 3..
1153 Entered 1200 race,
Practiced a few laps. Felt good.
Matching started.
DISCONNECTED FROM NETWORK.
Cant enter anymore its game over.
**** **** ****!.
I'm not bothering waiting an hour to do it all over, or the other one.
Going to have some actual FUN creating Ring lobbies.
Saturday night its beer time, tempting to join later but have no wish to ruin a good vibe again.
Adios Gran Turismo and this garbage.

I did the manufacturers race first. I really enjoyed it, I love the way it is setup with qualifying for 8 minutes and then racing. Everyone was really clean and the racing was REALLY close, like bumper to bumper for a few laps. There was one bad apple but everyone avoided him. I like the little touch of how it shows off the whole starting grid before the race. Driving the NSX was a little bit of a challenge but I finished 4th which I don’t think is bad starting 7th (Would’ve finished third but was getting nervous from pressure behind me and went off track)also went from D D to B B this race. Really clean for a D lobby

Now the other race on Kyoto was a little dirty for me at least. Got rear ended and couldn’t qualify good (also people blocking). Race started was being blocked most of the time but managed 4th again. All in all, I really enjoyed it and will be doing it again. Easily the closest racing I’ve done in a while. Very nerve racking to when having someone on your bumper trying to pass

Nations race qualified in 11th , worked my way up to 4th and than made a big mistake cutting the chicane and earning myself a 12 second penalty which dropped me back to 13th by the end.
Manufacturers cup in the 911 qualified 5th and finished 3rd, overall had a great time with clean fair racing.
strange thing though, during the last three laps at Suzuka my wheel lost all resistance, it was still turning the car but had virtually no FFB, which caused me to lose my 2nd position

Started the my first Nations cup race in the Viper Gr.4 at Yamigawa and qualified 2nd. Race started and I settled into a groove. 3 laps in the leader spins out of t1 giving me the lead. Got caught within a lap by an NSX that started 4th or 5th. Ran most of the race with a 1 or so second gap. With 3 laps to go I over cooked it into the chicane and almost lost the lead heading into the following hairpin. But I hung on and got my first win! But I forgot to save the replay, and apparently the PS4 share feature doesn't record for more than 15 minutes, so I only have the first 8 laps of the race. :banghead:
Really liked that bit on the pit wall on the last lap where all the crews were waving flags and cheering as I went by.

Run on the manufacturers cup first. Picked Dodge as my contructor. Qualified 5th behind some very quick drivers like @Wardez and @Windfire1010. Mantained a good pace throughout the race, managed to pass two cars taking advantage of the great top speed of the Viper. Finished 3rd 2 seconds behind those two i mentioned. Wardez managed to hold windifire the whole race, what a performance by him. I won 1060 points. I'm DR A and SR S.

After that, i went to the Nations Cup. Managed to somehow qualify in 2nd in front of windfire! Party was over quickly tho, he had better race pace than me and passed me right in the first lap, after those Ss on the hairpin. I tried to fight back, but no cigar. I was going to finish 3rd, but the 1st placed driver @GumballCGT on the race disconnected on the 8th lap, such a shame for him. He was the faster car on the track, was going to get a great win. I then finished 2nd, 2 seconds behind windfire, got 1273 points.

Last edited:
For the record I rather drunkenly entered the next one (1:10am Saturday night purlease) and finished 14/20. Racing was clean. Would have been way more on my game if Id been allowed to enter the race I actually waited several weeks to enter.

Qualified 3rd in both Nations and Manufacturers. 1st lap, 1st turn on Suzuka a guy in a Vette breaks super hard and early so I dump my WRX into the sand to avoid hitting him and possibly causing a pile up. Worked my way back from 9th once I got back on the track to finally catch the early breaking Vette from the 1st lap on the 9th lap. We battle a bit and I overtake him during the 10th lap to finish 2nd.

Nations I drove my GR4 RCZ. Im the only one in a lobby or in sport mode I ever see using it. As I said qualified 3rd. By the 3rd lap in the race it was pretty much just me and a WRX battling. Went on for the rest of the race back and forth. Ended up taking the win!

Very much enjoyed the races tonight.

Got into one of the Manufacturer Races... and I only beat 3 people. Two of which quit in the middle of the race. lol

Geez, 10 laps can be pretty exhausting for me. lol

Contracted with Dodge, btw.

I enjoyed it with a couple of rage :lol:

In the Nations Cup, I drove obliviously the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4, one of the best cars in the Kyoto Park with BOP, and had a terrible qualifying run and a terrible race. I qualify 16th and I finished 15th because most of the people brake too early to cause me to panick and lose momentum, and I raced with lots of idiots that are dirty racers and delusional 🤬 . Obviously the worst race I’ve been a part of.

In the Manufacturers Cup, I was in the Porsche 911 RSR, the best Gr.3 car in Suzuka, had the best race so far, in other words it was a redemption from an awful nations cup I was in. I qualify 1st with 2:03, then started the race decent screwing up a few corners, then I was second almost the entire race, racing calm and buying myself time as one of the guys in the Mclaren was lead ahead by 7 seconds. As laps goes by his lead was reducing a lot as I raced hard to catch up, as Lap 7 or 8 approach, there were lap cars that were in our way and I kept losing SR because most people who were getting lapped kept on blocking and not letting us get by them easy. Then I catch up to the guy in the Mclaren as I still had enough time to take 1st place away but a few lapped cars kept getting in the way only to lose time to win. As I crossed the finish line, I though I finished 2nd, but the guy in the Mclaren had finished the with the 3 second penalty and I was close enough to take the W. I feel bad for the guy in the Mclaren who was in 1st for almost the entire race but I’ll take the W. :lol:

Overall I had fun, I can’t wait to race more and finished better in Nations Cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Qualified 1st in nations cup in Mustang, had a nice little battle with p2 until a little bump and pass and retaking the lead only to run wide and losing it again. Was trying to chase him down, got multiple fastest laps yet couldn't reel him in. Finished 2nd got 93 points, how does this point system works if @hellZfirE gets 1273 points and I get 93?

Manufacture's cup I was the only one with the FT-1, qualified 7th, worked my way up to 4th then was rear ended multiple times and ended up 7th and loss some DR points

Nations cup is great so far.

I only ran the Manufacturers race but, well I haven't been that anxious in awhile. I'm running for Ford so the Mustang GR3 is my car. I started fourth (I think) and played it conservative the first lap. As mayhem developed infront of me, I just held my line. By the end of the first lap, I was in first with a four or five second gap. So, hooray I need nine flawless laps in order to win this thing. As the laps ticked by, I made a few mistakes. I ran a bit wide into turn one, or I jacked up the esses. But I kept watching the gap and finished with seven seconds over second place. It was fun, and I'm looking foreward to Interlagos tomorrow night.

after being disconnected 3 times finally made a late Suzuka. Cheating 🤬 ruled the day. The chicane was a free for all. 3 times i lost 2 places by being shunted off. I guess skill wise I was about 6th in the bunch. Finished 14th ONLY because I didnt take revenge.
This is why i HATE MP games. There's ALWAYS some scumbag (or several) out to cheat.
I got 6 orange SR penalties for being hit and punted. No racing game has ever got me so angry. Its supposed to be fun!
Please awesome GTPlanet people get some 'official' lobbies started so we can keep it clean and fast.
Their servers must be loaded because 6/8 lobbies I tried to enter failed.
Personally I would love PD to assign someone to watch the replays from all the dailies and FIA races and BAN (ie disconnect) deliberate cheaters from playing for 24 hours/week depending on the infraction (dirty racing)
I'd actually PAY to subscribe to this game to pay some guy to watch it and dish out penalties.
Anyway...back to Ring lobbies. Anyone here online feel free to join me.. you WONT get shunted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nations Cup:

Too much traffic. I qualified in 9th.
Someone took me off track at the second turn. I dropped some positions, and got stuck in the middle of a war. Every time I tried something, some overly aggressive defender would get me penalized. I finished in 15th, covered in shame.

Manufacturers Cup:

I made sure I had enough free space in front of me before starting my lap.
Qualified in 3rd. Someone spun just in front of me. I lost a place, then got it back, and overtook the 2nd. When I was trying to be faster, so I could reach the first place, I spun. Again, covered in shame, I finished 4th.

I got really upset. I’m even considering reavaluating my goals in this game.

Qualified 1st in nations cup in Mustang, had a nice little battle with p2 until a little bump and pass and retaking the lead only to run wide and losing it again. Was trying to chase him down, got multiple fastest laps yet couldn't reel him in. Finished 2nd got 93 points, how does this point system works if @hellZfirE gets 1273 points and I get 93?

Manufacture's cup I was the only one with the FT-1, qualified 7th, worked my way up to 4th then was rear ended multiple times and ended up 7th and loss some DR points

Nations cup is great so far.

Think the higher you are on the ratings, more points you will get. On my manufacturers cup i had 3 players from the top 10 and 1 on the nation cup. Basically, the stronger the drivers on you room are, more points youll get.

Think the higher you are on the ratings, more points you will get. On my manufacturers cup i had 3 players from the top 10 and 1 on the nation cup. Basically, the stronger the drivers on you room are, more points youll get.

Hmmmm, so that's why I got 128 or so in Manufacturers cup even though I placed 7th, was placed with a few A and B drivers

Loving the FIA Cups.

Huge Potential.

First race at Kyoto. Qualified Second and DC at Lap 8 while leading by 2 secs.

Second race at Suzuka, got pole and won as well. Excellent stuff. Hands shaking at last lap :P

Got only 23 Points for the win. Unfair i think. Don't understand the logic. If its DR related then also its unfair. You can't expect everyone to give so much time on the game. For working guys like us,its difficult to get that DR up. I m still at D.

PD should change this.

Run on the manufacturers cup first. Picked Dodge as my contructor. Qualified 5th behind some very quick drivers like @Wardez and @Windfire1010. Mantained a good pace throughout the race, managed to pass two cars taking advantage of the great top speed of the Viper. Finished 3rd 2 seconds behind those two i mentioned. Wardez managed to hold windifire the whole race, what a performance by him. I won 1060 points. I'm DR A and SR S.

After that, i went to the Nations Cup. Managed to somehow qualify in 2nd in front of windfire! Party was over quickly tho, he had better race pace than me and passed me right in the first lap, after those Ss on the hairpin. I tried to fight back, but no cigar. I was going to finish 3rd, but the 1st placed driver @GumballCGT on the race disconnected on the 8th lap, such a shame for him. He was the faster car on the track, was going to get a great win. I then finished 2nd, 2 seconds behind windfire, got 1273 points.

Thanks for the mention @hellZfirE . Manufacturers cup at Suzuka was an insanely intense race for me. I decided to hold back at the start of qualifying, like a lot. I stood still for a good 45 seconds to make sure I had clear track.

I got pole but didn't let myself feel too good about considering I was the only one that really got a proper flying lap. Also seeing Wind starting right behind me in the Porsche was a tough site.

My game plan was to just hold on as long as I could. Thought I'd fall back after a couple laps but Suzuka is a narrow track and the GT-R is a wide ass beast.

I had to keep hitting my marks, especially on exits to keep Wind from eating up my lead. It was quite close the whole time. He was definitely the faster car, but I held on. We did have a quick side-by-side moment going into spoon, but I held on to the lead of the race the whole time.

So it was a grand slam, pole, win, fastest lap, and lead every lap. What a way to start. My nation's cup race was absolutely terrible though. I hadn't practiced enough with the 4C. I had good pace over one lap, but in a racing situation, I was pushing too hard and had a few spins getting too greedy with the rumble strips.

I'll upload the race with Wind I had to YT. Should be a fun watch.

Please link the video @Wardez.

Weirdly enough, the fastest lap was the first one, which it shouldnt count cause your car was already a couple of hundred meters over the line lmao.

My fastest lap was a 2.00.9, but i think Windfire had the fastest "legit" lap with 2.00.8.

16th in nations race and 4th in gr3 races that was dirty as **** because of one german dude in a Benz took me 4 times out of the corner last lap i catcht up and give him what he deserves, for the first time in GT Sport i raged a bit.

Rest of the racers what i could see where clean and flawless drivers top 4 in 5 seconds!

Nations cup........ i dont get what went wrond there one of my most beloved tracks and car but it wont all wrong and give the grass a good cutting job hahaha grip on track was real bad and indont know why.....

Please link the video @Wardez.

Weirdly enough, the fastest lap was the first one, which it shouldnt count cause your car was already a couple of hundred meters over the line lmao.

My fastest lap was a 2.00.9, but i think Windfire had the fastest "legit" lap with 2.00.8.

Sorry, I may be too drunk to understand this.

What was going on with the start?

Sorry, I may be too drunk to understand this.

What was going on with the start?

The time started to count when you had already crossed the line, your car was almost on the pit exit. So your first lap was shorter, you didnt complete a full lap. You'll realize when you watch the replay.

That's why you made 2.00.0 on the first lap.

The time started to count when you had already crossed the line, your car was almost on the pit exit. So your first lap was shorter, you didnt complete a full lap. You'll realize when you watch the replay.

That's why you made 2.00.0 on the first lap.

OH haha. That's funny. I seriously thought I pulled that time out of nowhere.

Back