Best Gr.4 cars

It's not the best, but I've enjoyed racing with the Huracan. I seem to be in a minority - didn't see another one at all last night! IIRC, I had 1:41.5xx at Interlagos. I like that it isn't too fussy about what line you take through the corners, which is good in battles :)

Depends on the track... at Nurb GP, Alfa 4C, Viper and Subaru were all pretty well matched. On other tracks, Beetle or Sirocco are fast.

The 4C seems to be the fastest closely followed by the Cayman, The Viper, the Citroen and the MP4 which are easier to drive consistently on the limit. I haven't tested them all though.

On straight line, the Megane is the best but I think it will be changed as the Sirocco was... Also is FF which is boring as hell imo. :D

Yes the 4C is a good car but it'll get mauled on the straights and you are very puntable in it in a race, especially if you are slowed down in areas it's normally quick in.

I'm going to try some other cars next time there's a good GR4 daily race on.

The 4C seems to be the fastest closely followed by the Cayman, The Viper, the Citroen and the MP4 which are easier to drive consistently on the limit. I haven't tested them all though.

On straight line, the Megane is the best but I think it will be changed as the Sirocco was... Also is FF which is boring as hell imo. :D

The Cayman is one of the slowest IMO... it's hampered by over long gearing and a lack of torque to off set it.

I must be in the minority because I haven't seen the 650S mentioned. ;) I'm usually trash with anything that has the engine in the back because of my lead foot but I have no problems turning TCS off with the McLaren and blasting around.

Under bop the Audi TT is ok but at full power it has way too much wheelspin, it was seriously hard work at Suzuka yesterday.

The Megane seems to work well but I think suffers from similar issues, maybe not as badly ?

I loved the look of the F-Type when it first came out, therefore it's been my go to in both Gr.4 and Gr.3. Probably not the fastest or "best" but once you practice with a car enough you begin to learn how to get the most out of it. Each car has their own handling characteristics. For me, I'm most consistent with my F-Types because I've put so much time into learning its limits and when I can push them. And I'll again say, it looks awesome!

The Gr.3 F-Type was also the first livery (of 3 so far) I made and I spent a lot of time trying to replicate the look of the Silk cut XJR-9. I'm not the most artistically inclined person when it comes to livery editor and I don't have the patience to do it for many cars, so when I do, I feel like it'd be pointless not to drive them. Which is sort of why the F-Type became my go to. Why invest so much time in making it look good if no one sees it?

I love Corvettes. The Corvette C7 Gp.4 is not the fastest overall, but it is pretty fast, it handles great and is very stable in most conditions.

After DigitalBaka's comment, I will have to give the McLarens a try.

The Genesis is my go-to Gr.4 car. It just suits my driving style and I’ve never managed to set a faster lap with another car. It’s pretty neutral and has good power that helps it stay ahead of AWD cars on straights despite their better acceleration.

I love Corvettes. The C7 Stingray Gp.4 is not the fastest overall, but it is fast, it handles great and is very stable in most conditions.

After DigitalBaka's comment, I will have to give the McLarens a try.

I feel the same way about the Dodge Viper, does not really excel at anything but does everything reasonably well and overall is a solid and stable car to drive on most tracks and in most conditions whether it be hard braking slow corners or a fast set of s corners.

Actually i have never liked ff cars, but after few laps in scirocco at alsace i have grown to like them. The ff characteristics are so well made it has the right kind of hot hatch feel.

What i love about gts is how each car is different to drive yet they are so evenly fast.

I love the 4C and 650S but both require serious tuning to be competitive which has rendered both a bit crap with fixed tunings for different reasons. The Alfa is still fast but it's an oversteering nightmare and one minor mistake can you facing the wrong way, so you can set great qualifying times but in race conditions it can be a real struggle as stability issues aren't good when there's other cars around. Whereas the McLaren just seems really slow with the default gear ratios and corners like a boat, it's fairly easy to drive but it's difficult to be competitive.

All depends on the track and the tuning restrictions.

If it's a tight track or somewhere with small to medium straights, the 4C is tough to beat, tune or no tuning.

I am with all V8 or V10 Cars and RWD. Even if they are not the fastest i love them. In the brand races i am on Ford Mustangs. I think the Gr.4 Mustang is not bad in fast Tracks but with the Gr.3 i never had a very good result. Most times i end up in the middle of the field.

I like the Mazda Atenza. It's quite quick on the straights and very stable in the corners.

Yeah, for tracks with tight hairpins and long straights that car is good. AWD, and fst on the straights.

I forgot about the Citroen though... that thing is a beast. Great brakes, above average straight line speed, and neutral handling. I'll edit my pick for best overall.

The Genesis is my go-to Gr.4 car. It just suits my driving style and I’ve never managed to set a faster lap with another car. It’s pretty neutral and has good power that helps it stay ahead of AWD cars on straights despite their better acceleration.
Same here, definitely my favorite. I ran some Q laps for the Alsace II Sport Mode race the other day in the M4, had what I thought was a pretty good time for myself, jumped in the Genesis, and beat the time by 3 seconds on the first lap.

My favorite was the GT-R until the patch. I can still do okay with it, but the patch killed it. The scirocco has become my new favorite, it fits my driving style.

Latest Posts

Back