How would you make GT Sport better.....

• Thread starter EndoeONE
  • 137 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Australia
Ok, I've been thinking and there's a few things that'd be easy for PD to implement and would make GTS more enjoyable for me. Ok so firstly, the racing line, I'd love to be able to make my own, only on hotlapping (time trial) because there's times where you can get away with accelerating when the games telling you to brake, well you get the idea.

I'd also love to be able to hotlqpping, pull up the tuning screen and adjust spring rates, brake bias etc, on the fly, it's a video game after all. If not on the fly, then in the pits, maybe you can, I haven't checked.

Also and this is one I'd really love, I'd seriously love to be able to place witches hats wherever I want, why, for braking points, perhaps even different colored ones, red for braking, yellow for lifting off green for hard acceleration, it'd help you learn a track so much faster because once you find the perfect placements, you can look for other guides, such as " one car length from the third tree on the left" Well you get the idea. I'd love to see us get this, along with obviously dlc tracks that were in gt6 and more cars etc. Any suggestions from anyone else? What do you think of my ideas of witches hat placement for braking guides? I think it's genius, well of course I would. Any other suggestions?
Endoe

You can already replace the racing line with braking cones and entry/apex/exit cones... sounds like you should give those a try and make your own decisions on where you think it’s faster to brake later etc.

I’m in no way one of those “no assists” kind of people but the racing line is a crutch you’ll end up leaning on too much anyway. Once you get rid of it, you’ll focus a lot more on other important things

What would make Gran Turismo Sport better for me, would be if PD would open up
about what is coming down the pipeline in the way of more tracks and cars.
One of my favourite things in GT is to time-trial my favourite tracks in a variety of cars
I suppose its early days yet, so fingers crossed
I do feel there will be some sort of DLC before Christmas :)

It's really early after all, but it still baffles me, how they could have not implemented iconic GT tracks from 1-6. It's pretty much all I want: More of PD's tracks, especially the city tracks. I don't like to race on purpose-built tracks from real life. They are usually built in the middle of nowhere, thus don't offer much in scenery. That's what I always liked about PD's tracks. Even though most are purpose-built, they are usually embedded in beautiful vista.

Thanks Kinna39, didn't know that will have to play around with the settings too find out how.I'm sure it'll be on YouTube, thanks.

EDIT: I can't find anything on adjusting the position of the cones, can you explain how I'd do it, cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks Kinna39, didn't know that will have to play around with the settings too find out how.I'm sure it'll be on YouTube, thanks.

EDIT: I can't find anything on adjusting the position of the cones, can you explain how I'd do it, cheers.

When you’re in a pre-race menu, there’s a gear icon for Driving Options. In there, you can change the Driving Line Assist setting to ‘Cone Marker’

You can already replace the racing line with braking cones and entry/apex/exit cones... sounds like you should give those a try and make your own decisions on where you think it’s faster to brake later etc.

I’m in no way one of those “no assists” kind of people but the racing line is a crutch you’ll end up leaning on too much anyway. Once you get rid of it, you’ll focus a lot more on other important things
I agree 100%, first thing i did was make sure racing line was removed. it really hinders progress. Cones are much better as they leave more up to you to decide on when to break either before, at cones, or after. and how much, and where to go from there. lets you at least learn from mistakes. racing lines dont do that. they adapt to every car you're using, at any speed you're at and give you the best layout for manoeuvring a corner.

At this point now, i've completely removed the cones, which is forcing me even more to memorise the best entry and exits for each turn.

I do feel there will be some sort of DLC before Christmas :)

I feel confident in this as well. Especially since they are going to be selling a bunch of bundles over the holidays and that would help.

It's really early after all, but it still baffles me, how they could have not implemented iconic GT tracks from 1-6. It's pretty much all I want: More of PD's tracks, especially the city tracks. I don't like to race on purpose-built tracks from real life. They are usually built in the middle of nowhere, thus don't offer much in scenery. That's what I always liked about PD's tracks. Even though most are purpose-built, they are usually embedded in beautiful vista.

Agreed, but it has been out 29 days. I expect to see many of those soon.

i would a better ia with choice of own custom paint and choice of rival cars like assetto corsa on pc and more tracks and cars and they should remove the invisibility of the cars

Being realistic, more tracks and a better selection of daily races. Better leaderboards as well, only showing friends and the top 10 kind of sucks. I would like to see my overall times compared to everyone on a worldwide leaderboard for every campaign and sport mode event.

Not being realistic, dynamic time of day and weather. Something similar to PCars's Livetrack 3.0 would be ideal. It's super impressive for smaller dev like SMS to make something like that btw. It makes the likes of PD, Turn 10 & Codemasters look like amateurs.

Last edited:
Things in order to make GTS better:

-Better physics model (that includes everything:car/tires -examples-)
-Dynamic weather/time/track
-More detailed tuning model
-Improve ranking/penalty system
-Better car/track list (both in terms of quantity and quality).
-Better FFB for wheel users and more options to adjust wheels settings in game.
-E-sports with fixed (and improved) "locked" Cockpit camera -that you can adjust-,with fuel consumption/tire wear/damage on and longer races that just 4-10 laps.

Last edited:

That's funny, I'm the complete opposite. I find the PD tracks to be too neutral and clean with little to no track aberrations. Part of the fun for me was learning the malformations of the track. Another fun part of getting acclimated to the real life track was the lore behind all of it.

Like here's a list of Nurburgring fatalities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_fatalities

It's interesting seeing that the turns that are giving you problems have killed a bunch of people and probably would have killed you if it wasn't a video game.

The other fun part is hunting down track info from real world drivers and track footage. Like on Willow Springs (Big Willow) there's an uncommon line through The Omega that I picked up off of locals bantering about the track on message board. I can't get that sort of fun out of the fake tracks.

Agree with others, more tracks, fix/vastly improve FFB, improve tyre physics, needs to be a LOT harder to get SR S!
Need to bring in better tuning options for steering wheel and pedals users like pedal curve and saturation, you know these things that pretty much all other driving games have.

Last edited:
-More Cars across all classes! There could be some major fun races online if they added some classic cars both road going and track.
-More real world tracks.
-Better overall communication from PD.

I feel like they have a good formula with the online aspect of GTSport but it’s lack of content in both cars and tracks is a little frustrating.

I'd like to see it get harder to get to SR S as right now it is to easy to get there. And the penalty system could use improving, imo both drivers should always get a penalty when there is heavy contact, right now the driver on the inside can sometimes get away with it it seems. And i would like see that penalty get added in the end with no slow down to get rid of it, but maybe reduce it a bit from 10 to 5 seconds or something.

Id also like to see more statistics, a racing career is all about the statistics. Podiums, top 5, average start position and average finish position, average points per race, SR down per race, all stuf id like to see added somewhere. Complete ranking boards would be great to instead of only top 10.

A virtual mirror for cockpit view, or any view, would be very nice as well as a proper FOV setting. TC 1.5 as with some cars with fixed settings 0 or 1 is not enough but 2 is to much. Physics and FFB could always be improved as well.

This may sound like allot and there is probably still allot more i could think of. But overall i am still really pleased with what PD done so far. They put out a great platform to build upon and its quite a revolution that we are now able to have good online racing on consoles.

Right off the bat, I can only thing about:

- more cars and tracks;
- a solid and extensive offline career;

One thing I really want right now, is the chance to know when other drivers get penalties during the sport mode races. Just another day I had a close race for the 1st place and I ended the race in P2. When the results came out, I got P1 because the other guy had a penalty and he didn’t attend to it. Had I knew it, I wouldnt’ve pressure him in the last lap and wouldnt’ve taken any risk.

That's funny, I'm the complete opposite. I find the PD tracks to be too neutral and clean with little to no track aberrations. Part of the fun for me was learning the malformations of the track. Another fun part of getting acclimated to the real life track was the lore behind all of it.

Like here's a list of Nurburgring fatalities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_fatalities

It's interesting seeing that the turns that are giving you problems have killed a bunch of people and probably would have killed you if it wasn't a video game.

The other fun part is hunting down track info from real world drivers and track footage. Like on Willow Springs (Big Willow) there's an uncommon line through The Omega that I picked up off of locals bantering about the track on message board. I can't get that sort of fun out of the fake tracks.
Fair enough, and I can totally understand that approach. I was never into motorsports, to be completely honest I think it's the most boring thing to watch a couple cars drive in circles. However, I do love to race myself, doesn't matter whether it's bikes, karts, cars, ag-vehicles (like Wipeout) or Micro Machines. I also get the lore thing, and find it fascinating too read about the history of iconic tracks like Nordschleife, Rouen, Monza, Monaco, Spa, Zandvoort, Spielberg, and watch old footage. That said, for lore, and nostalgia to actually be relevant in the game, it severely lacks in realism. See, pC is a totally different beast, it would feel kinda weird to race some fantasy track there, and I am thrilled to race say Brands Hatch in pC because you can actually feel the idiosyncrasies of those tracks there.
In GT, unless you drive a Gr.3 car on an undulating track like Alsace, you hardly feel the forces at work. Which I'm totally fine with, I am into GT since the very first (even had my PSX chipped so I can play the much earlier released Japanese version back then!), and know what to expect from its physics. At the same time the very lack of realism makes the pathos GT has always tried to convey come across a bit cheesy, thus I'm more comfortable racing on their fantasy tracks. I guess you could say for me GT is its own universe, and apart from the brilliantly modelled cars being "the real deal", I never saw the game set in our world, so to speak.

Cheers!

Oh, before an online race they should show the last color code of the Racer's SR score. From that we can assume their recent SR trend and guess if their ascending or descending. Right now I'm just assuming their behavior from how douchey or infantile their user names are.

• More tracks
• More cars
• Additions to daily races; N200, N500, N1000 and Gr.1 for instance.
• Weather dynamics
• Day/night cycle
• More tools in livery editor
• More challenges
• Extended racing etiquette that includes overtaking tutorials, defending techniques etc.
• A more robust penalty system that really puts troublemakers out of action
• More difficulty in obtaining a high SR
• More tutorials surrounding racing strategy; pitstops, fuel, damage, tire wear etc.
• More tutorials surrounding tuning; try out different setups and really try to learn the tweaks of the cars.
• A more detailed presentation of how your DR is calculated
• Your personal cars with your own liveries should be allowed in the manufacturers race.
• More detailed helmet customization with the option to place decals and different patterns.
• More options for wheel users.
• The option to choose what individuals songs should be played or not played.
• Detailed HUD customization where you can turn individual indicators on/off and move them around.
• Top mirror enabled in all camera angles.
• Cones should be ghosted so that they cannot be run over and misplaced.
• Some tracks need harsher penalties for corner cutting.
• Some tracks need curb adjustments in order to avoid wheels on the grass and corner cutting.
• Improved FFB - especially when tires start to lose their grip.
• Rally physics should be reworked to make them more intuitive and predictable.

Oh, before an online race they should show the last color code of the Racer's SR score. From that we can assume their recent SR trend and guess if their ascending or descending. Right now I'm just assuming their behavior from how douchey or infantile their user names are.

That's certainly a good indicator, helps avoid a few of them. Other players to watch out for are ones with things like pi55 off plastered all over the back of their car. :bowdown::rolleyes:

- Weekly points championships for sport mode. Earn points in sport mode like you do in the FIA races and whoever tallies the most points for that week is the champ for that week.
- Handicaps for sport mode. Choose to start last or with a slower car etc and earn more points for each position
- Remove the Beetle from GR.3, it's an embarrassment
- Blue flags for Marshall to wave
- 4 lane drag strip, possible to jump the start
- Weekly 30 minute endurance races in sport mode with free setup and tire choices
- Future championships group drivers based on practice speed.
- Multiclass Endurance Sport mode races with 24 cars, GR1 v GR3 or GR3 v GR4
- Fix discover search function
- Stat tracking for podiums

Increase the criteria and difficulty to be promoted and retain placement within the higher SR class's.

Increase the penalty assessment for contact to where a racer cannot game the system and slide into another car or make contact with another car without receiving a penalty.

Eliminate all scrubbing off of penalties within race and have all penalties assessed post race to the finishing times and placements.

Maximum of 20 seconds per race in accrued penalties allowed and over that limit results in racer being DQ and their car permanently ghosted for the remainder of the race in SR rating S and A classifications to avoid affecting others race results.

Tracks DLC:
Beginner Course
Cathedral Rocks (all variations)
Chamonix
Città d'Aria
Complex String
Costa di Amalfi
Cote d’Azur
Eiger Nordwand
El Capitan
Grand Canyon
Green Forest Roadway
Grindewald
Hong Kong
Infineon (all variations)
Le Mans (all variations)
London
Madrid
Motorland
New York City
Paris (all variations)
Pikes Peak (all variations)
Rome (all variations)
Seattle (all variations)
Seoul
Smokey Mountain (all variations)
Special Stage Route 11
Swiss Alps
Tahiti (all variations)
Test Course
Tokyo
Toscana

Besides these specific tracks, at least for the cities, it would be nice to have some "free roam" areas that include not only the area where the track(s) are located, but at least a little surrounding area, hopefully extending a bit into suburbs and surrounding countryside. And would include both race fans and regular pedestrian traffic - would make for some great photos.

Course maker DLC:
A new course maker for GTS. Would include all types of environments including canyon & desert, mountain, rainforest, snow & ice, tropical coast, etc. as well as a variety of urban types: small town/village, classic European, modern high-density, etc. And all types of tracks/races: on-road, off-road, circuit, point-to-point, dedicated race track, informal street race, etc. And customizable elements: houses and other buildings, water features, level of vegetation, fan/pedestrian density, billboards with our own custom graphics, etc.

Miscellaneous DLC/fixes:
Make the driving line dynamic again.
Make the music playlist editable and allow for uploads of our own MP3s.
Let us choose what graphics are used for the home screen background and screen saver. We should be able to use our own in-game photos and videos, and it would be nice to have the option to turn off various items like the historical screens or the 3-D models of cars (also in race loading screens) that make the console heat up unnecessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back