A month later, your opinion on GTSport?

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 430 comments
Not enough and apart from the visuals and matchmaking, what it does provide is not good enough.

Pros and Cons (my personal view just in case that's needed)

Pros
Looks great
Matchmaking should be offered in every racing title
Photomode & Scapes

Cons

Vehicle list is too small and seriously lack variety
Track list is even worse in that regard
Rally is a pointless waste of resource, with appalling physics
Physics and tyre model feel around five years behind the curve
Penalties system can be easily gamed
Ranking system can be easily gamed

Anything else is in between.

Well I have golded everything so I'm a little bored in that respect but still having fun racing coworkers and attempting to make liveries

Racing online is great, best system and cleanest racing I've ever had on public servers on a console. Love the online. More tracks needed though, but only iRacing betters it.

Single player is sorely lacking and AI are slow, but online will keep me going for ages.

The game looks and feels fantastic. The sound is the biggest improvement. Livery editor is something people have been crying out for forever so that’s a nice addition. I think the biggest disappointment for me is the lack of tracks. The number of cars isn’t what we’re used too but I don’t mind the variety we have now but I find myself racing on the same tracks 2 days apart. It’s a good foundation for a GT competitive motorsport game. It’s not GT7 and shouldn’t be viewed that way. Sort a few niggles out and add a bit more content and it’ll be a very different but welcome addition to the GT family. I’m still playing every day after 1 month so it can’t be that bad.

Racing online is great, best system and cleanest racing I've ever had on public servers on a console. Love the online. More tracks needed though, but only iRacing betters it.

Single player is sorely lacking and AI are slow, but online will keep me going for ages.

Agree with you about online! I didn’t know how much I wanted iRacing lite. I hated GT5/6 online and dropped that after a few races. GTS has given me the best experience of racers I’ve had starting since the 16bit era. Nothing beats staying on someone’s butt for laps, applying pressure, to have them mess up from said pressure and give you the victory!

Still lovin it with all its faults. I dont think it as a single game - its an online racing ecosystem for years to come. They have created such a solid foundation its quite easy and efficient to build up from here.

I also love how people are no more fighting over gt vs forza vs pcars vs AC. Theres clearly audience for all four. Each gives you different kind of experience. :cheers:

Racing community is the big winner here. 👍

Last edited:
I was an ardent GT Sport hater.... to the hilt.. But I now have a better opinion on GT Sport.. I have not taken to the online racing much... I am into the Arcade single race mode... I wish they would keep adding to this to make up for the Campaign mode we lost.. that would go a long way

I may get on the online racing bandwagon..But I am going to be a Nasty NASCAR type driver... Its ok if they put me with other demolish-ion derby drivers. I could care less! :)

I also wish we had NASCARs added to this and more of the good ole race courses. Cars... I don't care for 1000s of cars..but more road cars would be good..

Find myself gravitating back to BF1, which isnt the fault of GTS alone, which I have tried to avoid. 👎

Bf1 is a damn good game though, so that is not all bad.

iRacing on console. I'm surprised by how it plays and I love it. I look forward to seeing how they move on to expand the game.

That God awful ui in Iracing alone is enough to make me boot up GT Sport instead. :)

Last edited:
We have FIA sanctioned events. There's nothing to complain about. (Other than I have to use a DS4 handicap because I had a G27)

I can only judge by my actions. I'm logging in every day and finding it addictive.

The level of polish and UI design is seriously spoiling me. I honestly cannot go back to the broken, unintuitive **** we've been served up in recent years. Given the focus on community it's doubly important to offer such a slick interface.

Physics wise it's the best GT yet. There really isn't any sim that does body control and suspension movement like GT. In the slow speed stuff Assetto Corsa has the edge in tyre feel. Importantly there's consistency between cars. You don't feel like some cars have been rushed out the door (as if that would happen with PD!).

Final thought is we need more content. You certainly need patience with PD but I'm happy to wait for quality. Just communicate with us users.

Last edited:
Loved it then and I love it now, I do a long session in Lobby to come out and before signing off I give my saved replays a viewing from the night to re live it from the lovely camera angles and visuals.

Livery editor, sound, online experience, semi sim physics, it's all vastly better than all other gts other than variety (and SP but I prefer online to SP anyway) , but I'm hoping that we get extra content in free updates.

I’ve been playing GTS since release and generally I don’t see 3 or 4 years of work in the game, I think the bad for me outweighs the good.

The Game engine for me is not cutting edge and the graphics could do with a sprinkle of magic, the list of cars genuinely surprised me with how poor it was - all models are last years at best so are we going to have to buy the latest cars as dlc or did Sony not want to spend the cash as Forza has done.

I really only play the online daily races and yes you can’t legislate for idiots that just can’t brake but the inconsistency in the penalties how they are awarded and then managed, Ive had a couple of times 5 second Penalties that become 8 seconds on countdown because the game engine can’t keep up With this and the on screen action.
Is it me or would a perm rear view mirror help the game - it would for me. I like the tracks, I don’t mind it being online only - Why can’t we have races standing start and not rolling starts.

It is the best simulation by a country mile and I’ve played all the versions of GT going back to PS1 but Forza is a better game - fine if you think the reverse but I don’t think it moves the genre on in any way

Its mediocre, but i have hope for GT7. Been 3 days since i last played, the game quickly got boring.

Not a single announcement for content updates tells me PD have no clue any more.

Pros
- it's a great GT skeleton.
- looks feels like GT

Cons
- pathetic online only save function
- pathetic offline content
- lack of cars
- lack of tracks
- pointless inclusion of Rally
- online is too often bumper cars carmageddon
- waiting for a online race
- No dynamic weather
- No modifications WTFFFF
- NO announcemts about future content

Currently Grinding for platinum :-) game is a lot of fun. and my kids 3 5 7yo have a quick go from time to time which adds value to the game in my household. Im still getting used to the physics but think they are the best of all GT's to date and as a weekend warrior I have no problems with anything about this game after the first month and look forward to the future content to spice things up.

Back