Surprised by PD

FUNanywhere

(Banned)
India
India
Now that we have this info on the latest update which brings a lot more content which should have been there from start.

Mind boggling question is:

Why didn't they delay for 1.5 months and Release with this. Avoid the backlash. Avoid the negative feedback. Avoid less sales.

Game is 50% off already.

Wouldn't releasing a month later brought more revenue?

Whats the point of this. Can't understand this from PD and Sony.

Way i see it and being blunt PD are out of touch has beens especially Kaz.

Lack any understanding of modern times and modern gamers and gaming market. The damage done to the brand was massive, and unfortunately for all parties this won't out do the horrific launch.

Clearly the management decisions being made at PD are made by fools.

As others have already confessed, without an offline campaign they were forced into online racing and are now addicted to it.
PD have added some menus and awards for custom races. These custom races were already available in the game. PD were probably as sick of hearing 'no offline campaign' and decided it was so easy to add the menu structure what people want. I just hope they didnt sacrifice coding PSVR updates for the time it took them to add this.

I don't think we will ever know for certain but my guess is that they saw the huge outcry in game reviews and on Amazon and social media etc. about the lack of career mode and have now responded to fan feedback. I don't believe this was planned well ahead of release. It is a welcome addition for those that want it and should help spur sales over the holidays.

From the GTP perspective it should put some wind in the sails of all of us who have been critical of certain aspects of the game. In this day and age one can indeed create change through fan forums and the various other avenues that are available to communicate indirectly with game developers. So, to all of the critics that reside here at GTP, congratulations and keep up the good work.👍👍

I don't think we will ever know for certain but my guess is that they saw the huge outcry in game reviews and on Amazon and social media etc. about the lack of career mode and have now responded to fan feedback. I don't believe this was planned well ahead of release. It is a welcome addition for those that want it and should help spur sales over the holidays.

nah, it takes way more time than a month to develop, execute, test, and deploy something like this. well, arguably they still have almost a month left to test and deploy but it's still too narrow of a window.

if this was truly done as a reaction, then it had to have been planned after some sort of early community survey.

General Discussion thread is there for a reason. USE IT!

Please don't tell other members what to do.

That thread was a catch-all prior to release. If people want to discuss any other subjects in more detail outside of it, all the better; giant monolithic threads are rarely a positive in terms of approachability.

As others have already confessed, without an offline campaign they were forced into online racing and are now addicted to it.
PD have added some menus and awards for custom races. These custom races were already available in the game. PD were probably as sick of hearing 'no offline campaign' and decided it was so easy to add the menu structure what people want.

Growing up, my dad had a full-size billiards table. We could play however we wanted, but the sense of achievement was heightened by playing to the established rules of snooker.

Similarly, custom races — while a welcome addition — should not be considered a replacement for an offline career mode. While you or I may enjoy a close-fought race for eighth place online, not everybody does. People play games for a variety of reasons, and one of them is a sense of accomplishment. Yep, even against AI. Diff'rent strokes and all that.

PD adding more options for gameplay means the potential to please a wider audience is increased. That's a good thing for the game's health long-term.

I just hope they didnt sacrifice coding PSVR updates for the time it took them to add this.

It seems incredibly unlikely that people tasked with crafting a set of events are also the people that deal with PSVR implementation. It's a bit like suggesting UI improvements would get in the way of sound updates.

PD adding more options for gameplay means the potential to please a wider audience is increased. That's a good thing for the game's health long-term.

It is great for owners but damage done, i don't know any game where updates and additional content saved it and did anything for the game's long term. A Game is what it launches as. Hope they learned well for GT7.

nah, it takes way more time than a month to develop, execute, test, and deploy something like this. well, arguably they still have almost a month left to test and deploy but it's still too narrow of a window.

if this was truly done as a reaction, then it had to have been planned after some sort of early community survey.
Maybe, maybe not. I think I can safely say that it didn't take 4 years to develop so if they intended it to be available at release it would have been. That leads me to believe it is a very late addition to the game.

Maybe, maybe not. I think I can safely say that it didn't take 4 years to develop so if they intended it to be available at release it would have been. That leads me to believe it is a very late addition to the game.

yeah, not announcing it and releasing it a month late is definitely a dumb PR move. who knows what the hell they're doing over there

They even say it themselves.

I think the major take away of this news is that PD is committed to evolving GTS as a core experience. Maybe some things were already in the pipeline, maybe not. Maybe GT League was intentionally held back from launch, but again, maybe not. While you can't appease every individual player, this really stands to prove their appreciation of the fan base, a sincere one at that (unlike damage control measures we've seen elsewhere in gaming news).

dude, a tweet?

you know that could be PR spin of a late deliverable. but like I said, it totally could be reactionary as well. the timeline is just a bit perplexing.
Could be this was a planned update but the backlash caused them to speed up development to get it out early and free. I think they meant to charge for this. It's a pretty meaty update.

Could be this was a planned update but the backlash caused them to speed up development to get it out early and free. I think they meant to charge for this. It's a pretty meaty update.

That should be the official title of this update... Meaty Update 2.0

As the tweet suggests, it is a Damage Control update. The Outcry on Amazon, Meta,etc is huge and they had to do something coz Holiday Season is a time where people buy games.

GT Brand is clearly hit by this negativity and most importantly the Sales. 50% off already is a sign of huge decline for a game of this Magnitude.

So Glad that they added this quick to brush off all this negativity. Now when people buy the game, they would realise that Sport Mode is GOLD and SP is not that important.

As the tweet suggests, it is a Damage Control update. The Outcry on Amazon, Meta,etc is huge and they had to do something coz Holiday Season is a time where people buy games.

GT Brand is clearly hit by this negativity and most importantly the Sales. 50% off already is a sign of huge decline for a game of this Magnitude.

So Glad that they added this quick to brush off all this negativity. Now when people buy the game, they would realise that Sport Mode is GOLD and SP is not that important.

and I really do hope that they push to increase the user base. Sport mode is an amazing platform and it would be a shame to see it squandered by poor PR choices.

I'm thinking better late than never. At least they're actively trying to improve the experience and instead of leaving the game to die after the criticisms it received at launch. I'm fine with DLC and updates like this so long as I don't get held up by a ridiculous pay-wall ala EA.

The question begs to differ, should PD up their staff? Every Gran Turismo I've anticipated since 3 has always been accompanied by some sort of delay prior to launch. GT5 was the worst example of this.

I look forward to this game. Bring on the GT League!

I think it generally is what games are/will be in the future. Releasing a good framework and releasing upgrades/updates/dlc throughout its lifespan. This will attract newcomers at latter stages. Similar to episodic games. I personally like it. You get accustomed to the content provided without being overwhelmed. And get new content every so often. Just wished they would provide a timeline for the updates to look forward to

I think it generally is what games are/will be in the future. Releasing a good framework and releasing upgrades/updates/dlc throughout its lifespan. This will attract newcomers at latter stages. Similar to episodic games. I personally like it. You get accustomed to the content provided without being overwhelmed. And get new content every so often. Just wished they would provide a timeline for the updates to look forward to

Except that's not how the market works at all. You need massive initial sales at full price and a quickly built user base to make updates dlc and long term support a worthy profitable endeavour.

What you are talking about is exactly how Capcom ruined StreetFighter5.

Except that's not how the market works at all. You need massive initial sales at full price and a quickly built user base to make updates dlc and long term support a worthy profitable endeavour.

What you are talking about is exactly how Capcom ruined StreetFighter5.
That is a example how not to do it! I was thinking in line with episodic games. Like the telltale games. Not really a good comparison but hopefully you understand the idea of it. And yes I know the episodes cost money.

That is a example how not to do it! I was thinking in line with episodic games. Like the telltale games. Not really a good comparison but hopefully you understand the idea of it.

I do but that doesn't work for massive Ips like GT.

Time will tell. And I wouldn’t mind paying for extra content as long it isn’t “pay to win”

See how well online only went for GT. Episodic would be ten times worse.

Not that it would ever happen, sony strengths are single player games and the fanbase would revolt at the idea of episodic GT.

See how well online only went for GT. Episodic would be ten times worse.

Not that it would ever happen, sony strengths are single player games and the fanbase would revolt at the idea of episodic GT.
Used the wrong comparison. Just liked the idea of a game that keeps getting improved over time. But the initial offering should be solid enough to warrant buying at full price.

Back