Stewards Needed To Judge An Incident

PsuPepperoni

Muscle Car Drifter
Premium
United States
Kansas City
PsuPepperoni
At 0:50 do you think I was clear to block the inside line?

After he bumped me he dropped back for a split second so I thought I had room to get over without pushing him off, but he braked later than I did.

0:55
ur mistake
you braked too early, definitelly
and you took a very strange driving line, this was not normal line

1:15
his mistake, if he had faster reactions he could easily overtake you
but you braked too fast anyway

1:30
again his mistake, he was too slow to overtake on that corner
and again same thing at 3:40, there is no space for that move (but you gave him more space through this slowdown, and this was not good move from u)

2:40 u show "normal way" in that corner and situation, u are not enought fast to pass him u need just wait not push like japanese kamikaze

Last edited:
Judging by the speed the car is approaching behind it would probably be unwise to move to the inside.

It can only end well..

1st corner (0:55) ur mistake
you braked too early, definitelly
and you took a very strange driving line, this was not normal line
I was switching lines thinking he would try to go around the outside, so I had to brake early to be able to go two-wide but I misjudged his intentions.

For the most part, seems fair enough on both sides, you seem to not want to commit to either the racing line or the inside line so the guy behind is kinda in an awkward position.

Though the last move around 130R he should have handed back as he overtook off the track

I think the biggest issue you can learn from that video is to decide on a racing line and hold it. You should be decisive about your choice so the car behind knows where you are going. You need to be less wishy washy with your braking also. If you choose to defend, defend hard but fair. You appear to lift of early, brake softly etc. Sometimes it appears as though you are defending, sometimes it looks as though you are letting the car behind through.

You should lose the cone markers. I assume that you have good pace when you are using normal racing lines and using the cones to brake. But when you are off your racing line away from the cones, your unsure where or how to brake. If you weren't so reliant on the cones, you would probably find using other racing lines easier.

Into the hairpin you lifted a bit which forced him to take the outside then you shut the door unexpectedly. It's a bit a racing incident but if I had to assign blame it'll be on you. Into spoon curve you moved a bit late but he should've and could've taken the outside so it's not your fault.

It is the responsibility of the driver behind to pass safely. Your obligation as the ahead driver is not to do anything malicious like blocking or brake checking. In this case, the following driver bumped you from behind in the right kink and should have known that this might unsettle your car a bit and should have backed off slightly to give you room to recover and establish your racing line into the next corner. Instead they "went for the gap" when there was less than a track width available and contact ensued. IMO it's the fault of the following driver in this case.

You're in the wrong at 0:50, I would have personnally thought that was intentional if I was in the Subaru. You brake way too early but that's not the most dramatic part there (although the guy probably took an undeserved SR penalty), but the line change after that. Once you start your braking, you're expected to hold your line until turn-in point (doing this will also allow a driver who misses his braking point behind you to avoid you more easily).

1:20 Spoon Curve > not dramatic, since you're holding the inside, personnally I would have expected you to brake early and switched to the outside and try to cross-overtake.

1:35 130R > I'm not so sure, he turns in too early with a car aside, but looking at how you approach that corner and the fact you don't brake that much, I think you might have gone off-track if he wasn't there, thus taking him out as well even if he didn't hit you first. Not entirely sure there, but I don't see how you could have let enough space at the exit anyway.

3:40 130R > You slowed down earlier this time, but just by lifting off, which led him to misjudge the space available. I wouldn't put anyone at fault there, although this might have been prevent on his part by using the radar. Positions didn't change because of that so that's not something I'd make a fuss about.

Out of curiosity, what DR are you ? I think you mostly lack experience in close battles.

ugly...
So, in that first "kink", looked like more than just a lift, did you actually tap the brake?
Just curious...
Either way, after the bump, "going for the gap" was a bad decision... both from a sportsman ship angle and risk angle.
I agree, you are both all over the place... pick a lane, any lane...
That R32 turn really needs a time penalty associated for folks that like to run out there... seen several people acting like it's part of the track... frustrating.

I think you mostly lack experience in close battles.
Agreed... looks like the way I was racing a while back...
Once I realized that I was not the fasted man on the internets, and remembered this is just a game, for fun, and started racing clean... the entire on-line experience opened up a new level of enjoyment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, what DR are you ? I think you mostly lack experience in close battles.
DR B. I've don't usually get in conflicts like this but it was my first race without using aids so my driving was pretty rough. I guess that kept me from pulling away from the Subie until I got him out of my draft.

DR B. I've don't usually get in conflicts like this but it was my first race without using aids so my driving was pretty rough. I guess that kept me from pulling away from the Subie until I got him out of my draft.

I see. You have to be aware there are some really fastd rievrs in DR B already (some should be A or S but didn't play enough yet to rank up). Currently that's the rank where you'll find the widest gap in terms of performance between different drivers, so if you want to experiment new things there, you'll have to be even more careful and make your intentions clear (in daily races they might register last minute for a race and start from the back).

Yeah I wouldn't lose sleep over this, hopefully both of you learned from it because neither of you had the ability to race clean in that one.

You don't seem to stick to a line very well, which for a driver trying to pass can be incredibly daunting to make a decision themselves and risk of collision goes up. He obviously couldn't do much better either judging by his lines through the track after making some passes on you. If you had of just kept the real racing line you may have had enough lap speed to walk away from it, instead you are hard up the inside on a lot of corners where it wasn't needed.

I would say you found your exact match that day and you have done more learning in that race than maybe you ever will again.

Yeah I wouldn't lose sleep over this, hopefully both of you learned from it because neither of you had the ability to race clean in that one.

You don't seem to stick to a line very well, which for a driver trying to pass can be incredibly daunting to make a decision themselves and risk of collision goes up. He obviously couldn't do much better either judging by his lines through the track after making some passes on you. If you had of just kept the real racing line you may have had enough lap speed to walk away from it, instead you are hard up the inside on a lot of corners where it wasn't needed.

I would say you found your exact match that day and you have done more learning in that race than maybe you ever will again.
If you're racing someone and realize they don't hold their line very well, especially into the braking zone, where is the one place you don't try and pass them? Into the braking zone!! You meet all kinds of players online and need to adjust and adjust quickly, to their driving tendencies.

If the people saying I don't hold a line very well are talking about 1:55 - 2:20, I was letting him by because he actually had enough speed to pass me. The rest of the time I was just blocking. I never weaved, I just don't want to pull over and let a slower driver by just because he got a draft on me.

edit: except at 0:50, I see now that was my fault; I let my frustration get the best of me.

Maybe I'll post better video of me racing where I'm not angry at a guy who keeps ramming me at every corner.

Last edited:
In my completely irrelevant opinion, you were both as bad as each other. Guy in the subaru needs to learn when to hold back and when to attack. And you need to learn when to give up a pointless battle with someone who is clearly daft that could end up wrecking your own race. It was completely 50/50.
Had you just let him past he'd probably have taken himself out anyway and you could cruise past, the battle slowed you both down a lot.

Back