g29 major disadvantage needs a fix!!

• Thread starter EbrahimX7
  • 52 comments
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
Jeddah_Racing
So you can change the rotation angle on all top wheels except the g29. If you anyone has contact to PD please inform them to add in game rotation adjustment, because currently its unfair that you can change the rotation on t-150/300/500/t-gt , csl elite, but not the Logitech g29.

It really plays a big difference in lap times and pace. its so unfair, why take that feature when we already had it in g27? :/

That's the first time I read that complaint. Seems odd. Have you asked other G29 owners if they have that issue?

I haven’t heard that it makes a difference at all. But maybe it does. Probably someone can tell here how much it impacts. Would be very interesting to hear since I always plug and play and usually I am 1 second off the Leaderboard, sometimes I even make it in the Top10.

I have a Logitech g29 and not bothered by it. if you can you still need to adjust youre driving to it. Isn't quicker, feels weird. Older gt's you could change it with g27.

Does this work on console or just pc/mac?

I have tried changing the wheel range using that software, it makes no difference to the wheel when used on the console.

I too would like to change the steering degrees on my wheel. Everyone should have the choice to set the steering degrees to how they feel comfortable.

Last edited:
Doesnt the game change rotation depending on car ? For example Street cars have 900 and Race cars have 540. I havent driven enough steet cars to be sure though i am still pretty sure :P

Theres a major difference that affects all this. Gt Sport collaborates with Thrustmaster instead of the Logitech collaboration of the earlier games. That can clearly be seen in lack of support and crappy FFB for G29..

I haven’t heard that it makes a difference at all. But maybe it does. Probably someone can tell here how much it impacts. Would be very interesting to hear since I always plug and play and usually I am 1 second off the Leaderboard, sometimes I even make it in the Top10.
I'm usually in the top 3 in Americas leaderboard with the g29, but when I tried the t300 at my friend's place and changed the rotation angle to 270 degrees for gr4 and 180 for gr3. I broke my g29 records with ease.

I'm usually in the top 3 in Americas leaderboard with the g29, but when I tried the t300 at my friend's place and changed the rotation angle to 270 degrees for gr4 and 180 for gr3. I broke my g29 records with ease.
Now that’s definitely interesting to hear. I knew that some of the fast guys back then when I was playing Project Cars have also used these settings. I personally ignore to adjust the Wheel Rotation or turning off the FFB, I didn’t bought a Wheel to play it that way. Otherwise I could have stayed with my Controller. Would be nice to hear from some Aliens on GT Sports’ Leaderboards a honest statement if they use these settings and how big the time difference is when not using them. Like you said you broke your Lap records with ease, how much is „with ease“, a few tenths? Maybe a second? Seconds? Just curious.

My friend Derek uses a G29 and he is frequently the FASTEST driver in the leaderboards. I suggest you do your homework instead of complaining.
I didn't say you cant be fast. I'm also frequently in the top with the g29, but I found it much much easier when you lower the degrees. You will know what I mean when you try the difference

Now that’s definitely interesting to hear. I knew that some of the fast guys back then when I was playing Project Cars have also used these settings. I personally ignore to adjust the Wheel Rotation or turning off the FFB, I didn’t bought a Wheel to play it that way. Otherwise I could have stayed with my Controller. Would be nice to hear from some Aliens on GT Sports’ Leaderboards a honest statement if they use these settings and how big the time difference is when not using them. Like you said you broke your Lap records with ease, how much is „with ease“, a few tenths? Maybe a second? Seconds? Just curious.
in my case it was around .300/.400 keep in mind that my g29 laps are hotlaps where I felt that it is nearly the maximum of what the car can do

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ok, so it doesn’t have such a big impact on Laptimes. Anyway i‘ll stay with the default settings. I feel no need to change it because of such minor improvements.

Are the top-top guys really changing their steering angles though? I feel like stock angles are already quite well suited to their respective cars.

I definitely agree that if PD allows other wheel users to change their settings, it's unfair for Logitech users.

From my knowledge, the absolute fastest players don't use this.

I didn't say you cant be fast. I'm also frequently in the top with the g29, but I found it much much easier when you lower the degrees. You will know what I mean when you try the difference

in my case it was around .300/.400 keep in mind that my g29 laps are hotlaps where I felt that it is nearly the maximum of what the car can do

Can you please tell me your gr3 and gr4 times near the maximum of what the car can do that you easily beat. I would like to test both stock and custom steering angle and see if it is really an advantage, or just related to preference/comfort.

Ah ok, so it doesn’t have such a big impact on Laptimes. Anyway i‘ll stay with the default settings. I feel no need to change it because of such minor improvements.
well to me its not minor when I do over 40 laps and cant beat my ghost, and within 3 laps I was able to beat it and keep my pace using 180 degrees per direction. I think slower guys can shave a second and a half no problem. Its specially beneficial in ''U-turns'' and sharp corners. You will see big improvement in tracks such as sazuka, interlagos, brands hatch, yamagiwa+miyabi, etc.

Are the top-top guys really changing their steering angles though? I feel like stock angles are already quite well suited to their respective cars.

I definitely agree that if PD allows other wheel users to change their settings, it's unfair for Logitech users.

From my knowledge, the absolute fastest players don't use this.
Probably they don’t use it, but even if they would, I wouldn’t change my opinion about their superior driving skills. Although I think that anybody who is within a second or a bit more off from their times is also a very skilled driver. It’s just the tiny things that makes the difference.

Can you please tell me your gr3 and gr4 times near the maximum of what the car can do that you easily beat. I would like to test both stock and custom steering angle and see if it is really an advantage, or just related to preference/comfort.
for example sazuka gr3 with g29 my best was 1:58.132 with rotation adjustment 1:57.697 I dunno about you but thats a big difference to me.

We can't change rotation on the T300RS either.

well you can but it resets to default every time you change sessions or even pause

Back