BBJ Sim Racing - T3PA-Pro - Improved Conical Brake Mods

• Thread starter Spitfire77
  • 53 comments
United States
CENLA
SoCaLLbeer
BBJ Sim Racing makes improved conical rubber brake mods for the T3PA-Pro pedal set. They come in four different hardness ratings.

Green = soft 50 shore
Blue = medium 60 shore
Yellow = medium-hard 70 shore (close to default conical rubber brake mod but more progression)
Red = very hard - 85 shore

Edit - If you want something a little lighter than the stock then go for the blue one, but I have found that after a few good sessions of use the yellow one has just slightly broken in and feels perfect. That and I have become use to having it installed. Will report back if I feel it is degrading, but considering it is polyurethane I do not believe it will degrade and should remain more consistent than the original.

From their site - "...we have decided to produce a range of Mods that will provide a significant performance improvement over the standard Conical Brake Mod. We have achieved this by increasing the physical size of the mod which allows a much more progressive rate of travel/pressure and by making the mods out of Polyurethane Rubber rather than the natural rubber of the originals. This also increases the progressiveness of the pedal and allows us to produce these mods in a range of hardness (shore rating)."

http://bbjsimracing.com/brake-mods-and-pedal-servicing

T3PA-PRO-SET-1-6x4.jpg

I picked up the yellow one as I saw it recommended by @Scaff . It is the same starting stiffness as the original but does not hit a wall and become supper stiff when it is 1/2 way compressed. It is very nice once you get it installed correctly and get used to the feel. I for sure have more control over my braking when close to max (or lockup if no ABS) To install I would recommend having it be about the width of standard printing paper away from the back of the pedal (you should be able to get the paper between and just feel it bite). Then make sure to work it in.. mash the brake, continue to pump the pedal in loading screens.. it could be just me getting used to it but I found it works best after being worked in a bit.

They can be found on their ebay store and the final cost shipped to the USA was $20 for me (could change with currency exchange rate). You can also choose to buy a three pack if you are the type that would switch them around.
http://stores.ebay.com/BBJ-SimRacing?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Last edited:
BBJ Sim Racing makes improved conical rubber brake mods for the T3PA-Pro pedal set. They come in four different hardness ratings.

Green = soft 50 shore
Blue = medium 60 shore
Yellow = medium-hard 70 shore (close to default conical rubber brake mod but more progression)
Red = very hard - 85 shore

Edit - If you want something a little lighter than the stock then go for the blue one, but I have found that after a few good sessions of use the yellow one has just slightly broken in and feels perfect. That and I have become use to having it installed. Will report back if I feel it is degrading, but considering it is polyurethane I do not believe it will degrade and should remain more consistent than the original.

From their site - "...we have decided to produce a range of Mods that will provide a significant performance improvement over the standard Conical Brake Mod. We have achieved this by increasing the physical size of the mod which allows a much more progressive rate of travel/pressure and by making the mods out of Polyurethane Rubber rather than the natural rubber of the originals. This also increases the progressiveness of the pedal and allows us to produce these mods in a range of hardness (shore rating)."

http://bbjsimracing.com/brake-mods-and-pedal-servicing

T3PA-PRO-SET-1-6x4.jpg

I picked up the yellow one as I saw it recommended by @Scaff . It is the same starting stiffness as the original but does not hit a wall and become supper stiff when it is 1/2 way compressed. It is very nice once you get it installed correctly and get used to the feel. I for sure have more control over my braking when close to max (or lockup if no ABS) To install I would recommend having it be about the width of standard printing paper away from the back of the pedal (you should be able to get the paper between and just feel it bite). Then make sure to work it in.. mash the brake, continue to pump the pedal in loading screens.. it could be just me getting used to it but I found it works best after being worked in a bit.

They can be found on their ebay store and the final cost shipped to the USA was $20 for me (could change with currency exchange rate). You can also choose to buy a three pack if you are the type that would switch them around.
http://stores.ebay.com/BBJ-SimRacing?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Yes these are amazing. I bought the Green and the Blue. Prefer the Green for the smooth throw.

I ordered the yellow one after watching Scaff's video. I can't believe this mod hasn't gained more momentum yet.

Yup I bought it because of Scaff's video. I have seen them in the pCARS 2 forums as well now and it looked like they made the T3PA non pro versions too but I think the first batch sold out really quick.

@Spitfire77 are you using WSP and a folding chair? I did that for years.

Just built myself this:
View attachment 722044

Received and installed the Pro pedals today. FYI that's my boy.

Yeah my setup has to be able to go in the closet. I have a tv stand that my pedals go under though.. so my tv is basically up against my wheel base. It works really well. I've sat in a real rig and know it's better but for what I need for my place, my setup is as good as it gets.

My pedals are even against the wall so nothing moves.

Received my yellow brake mod this morning. 6 working days from UK to Canada; that's quick. Just installed it and going to run a few races to break it in. First impression...feels more progressive but a little heavy. I expect it to lighten up a touch, making it perfect.

@Scaff

About how long before the yellow mod felt broken in? And does it become easier to calibrate in GT Sport?

Last edited:
Received my yellow brake mod this morning. 6 working days from UK to Canada; that's quick. Just installed it and going to run a few races to break it in. First impression...feels more progressive but a little heavy. I expect it to lighten up a touch, making it perfect.

@Scaff

About how long before the yellow mod felt broken in? And does it become easier to calibrate in GT Sport?
I bought the 3 pack. I installed the yellow cone first. Loved the braking, and ability to modulate when trail braking. However :(... I had an accident a few years ago breaking my back, herniating several dics, and causing some issues with my left hip. After a couple nights of racing with the yellow cone, my back and left hip joint were too sore to continue on. So I switched to the blue cone. Still able to modulate braking, and I like the feel more than the stock cone, but I'm scrubbing too much speed on initial braking right now. I'm sure I'll adjust, but I must say, the yellow cone was the more "controllable" mod. For anyone on the fence, I'd say pull the trigger on this mod. I'm very happy with them. I live in Michigan, and shipping only took about a week.

Just an update on how I'm getting along with the mod after about 4 hours.

I had to back the mod in fully to make it easier to calibrate full braking range in GT Sport. I had a similar issue with a prior set or pro pedals using the black mod set to a short distance from the brake pedal. Takes a few hard pumps to hit full range.

I've gone back and done most of driving school again. I actually went back last week when I switched to the wheel and pro pedals and beat my controller times by huge margins; usually around 1 to 2 seconds depending on the session. Yeah I'm horrible with the DS4.

With the yellow mod I'm now dropping another 2 to 6 tenths depending on event, and running more consistently.

I'm still having to think about what I'm doing; still adjusting from using position to using pressure, but very pleased with the results.

Last edited:
After using a LC brake for a while now... I just can not understand why one would get the BJJ mod and not a LC mod (like the ricmotech and other third parties)?

After using a LC brake for a while now... I just can not understand why one would get the BJJ mod and not a LC mod (like the ricmotech and other third parties)?
I have 200 reasons.
It's like saying I don't understand why one wouldn't just get clubsport V3 pedals.
Actually for the price of the Pro pedals and a load cell, I'll take the Clubsport V3 and save some money!

Last edited:
I have 200 reasons.
It's like saying I don't understand why one wouldn't just get clubsport V3 pedals.
Not exactly. BBJ and LC mod are both designed to improve the stock brake pedal, without having to purchase a new set of pedals.
ut i just checked and you are right that the Ricmotech is on the expensive side. My mod cost about € 90,- though and definately worth it. Dunno if there are similar costing mod available in Canada...

I'm really pleased so far with my 9€ mod and the improvement it's making. I need all the help I can get.
In the future I would like to go to the V3's with a load cell tho.

Well.. I would say it is directly about cost. The bolt on load cells for T3PA-Pros are $150+ before tax or shipping. The standard T3PA ones are about $100.

The BJJ conical mod is just about $20 including tax and shipping.

I am not going to try and tell you they are comparable, but for many of us a good conical mod is fine. The amount of pressure is a lot and you can build the muscle memory pretty well with them.

Edit- Also with pCARS 2, you can adjust the sensitivity curve of the brake which really can improve how the brakes react with the conical brake mod. It works a lot better for me in tittles that allow this change. It helps translate amount of force to brake pressure applied.

Last edited:
Well.. I would say it is directly about cost. The bolt on load cells for T3PA-Pros are $150+ before tax or shipping. The standard T3PA ones are about $100.

The BJJ conical mod is just about $20 including tax and shipping.

I am not going to try and tell you they are comparable, but for many of us a good conical mod is fine. The amount of pressure is a lot and you can build the muscle memory pretty well with them.
That is really bang for the buck. If I didnt have the LC Mod i would have bought the BBJ. I always had trouble with the standard conical mod. I just felt the progression was not linear enough for me and had trouble calibrating.

That is really bang for the buck. If I didnt have the LC Mod i would have bought the BBJ. I always had trouble with the standard conical mod. I just felt the progression was not linear enough for me and had trouble calibrating.
Yep - as everyone else has said (I'm late to the party on this one), for the price the BBJ mod is hard to beat.

Its not as good as a load cell, but its arguably 80% of the way to one for 10% of the price.

Just an update on how I'm getting along with the mod after about 4 hours.

I had to back the mod in fully to make it easier to calibrate full braking range in GT Sport. I had a similar issue with a prior set or pro pedals using the black mod set to a short distance from the brake pedal. Takes a few hard pumps to hit full range.

I've gone back and done most of driving school again. I actually went back last week when I switched to the wheel and pro pedals and beat my controller times by huge margins; usually around 1 to 2 seconds depending on the session. Yeah I'm horrible with the DS4.

With the yellow mod I'm now dropping another 2 to 6 tenths depending on event, and running more consistently.

I'm still having to think about what I'm doing; still adjusting from using position to using pressure, but very pleased with the results.
You should pick up AC and PC2 at some point (if you don;t have them already), both are more accurate sims under braking and you really feel the advantage the mod makes with them.

Last edited:
I was looking for a little more pedal throw. BBJ suggests a different bracket placement to achieve this along with improving calibration on certain console games such as GT Sport.

yellow mod console position.jpg

Image provided by John at BBJ SIM Racing

How exactly brake calibration works on GT Sport for t3pa pro?
When you plug in the wheel, you press it 100%, or you press it lets say 70% and then that 70% will be full brake ingame?

Regarding the BBJ conical mod, how is everyone calibrating it? I've just installed mine, but if I push the pedal to 100% during calibration, it actually lifts my rig off the floor (Next Level stand, no seat attached), and braking isn't as responsive. I tried calibrating it to what feels like a reasonable push for max braking power = 71% of calibration. So far I'm losing half a second at best. I had way better feel with a piece of dense foam rubber cut to fit in the slot behind the pedal. Hopefully with some more use it gets better. I feel like it could be a bit further away from the back of the pedal so I can get a more immediate response in the pedal to cone "dead zone" and get some better trail braking happening. Just seems way too stiff. (using blue)

Regarding the BBJ conical mod, how is everyone calibrating it? I've just installed mine, but if I push the pedal to 100% during calibration, it actually lifts my rig off the floor (Next Level stand, no seat attached), and braking isn't as responsive. I tried calibrating it to what feels like a reasonable push for max braking power = 71% of calibration. So far I'm losing half a second at best. I had way better feel with a piece of dense foam rubber cut to fit in the slot behind the pedal. Hopefully with some more use it gets better. I feel like it could be a bit further away from the back of the pedal so I can get a more immediate response in the pedal to cone "dead zone" and get some better trail braking happening. Just seems way too stiff. (using blue)

From the dense rubber you were using to this mod, that is a big change in force required. Your muscle memory needs to be completely redone.

Also if your rig is moving it just will never feel right, get it sorted so that full brake does not lift your rig up. Might have to move the mod back away from the pedal and put some rubber in between it for initial resistance.

I feel like it could be a bit further away from the back of the pedal so I can get a more immediate response in the pedal to cone "dead zone" and get some better trail braking happening. Just seems way too stiff. (using blue)

I was looking for a little more pedal throw. BBJ suggests a different bracket placement to achieve this along with improving calibration on certain console games such as GT Sport.

View attachment 724723

Image provided by John at BBJ SIM Racing

Back